Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Why is this a problem?  (Read 2750 times)

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
Why is this a problem?
« on: May 01, 2014, 08:01:28 pm »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Why is this a problem?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 08:03:31 pm »

It's a werebeast who showed up at that not so beastly time of the month.  My advice is kill it or chase it away before it transforms (or trap it for entertainment SCIENCE)
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 08:06:50 pm »

It's a werebeast who showed up at that not so beastly time of the month.  My advice is kill it or chase it away before it transforms (or trap it for entertainment SCIENCE)

Well, it seems they're already in a cage trap, so it looks like my work is already done!

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 11:58:44 pm »

Congratulations on your new pet werebeast.  :D

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 01:15:40 am »

HOLY CRAP IT'S A PEASANT, RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIVES!

Release him in his own arena, and send in your less desirable dwarves to..... keep him company.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 01:33:44 am »

Think of him as your best, last doctor.

When someone suffers a crippling nerve injury or loses a few important limbs: send them to the doctor. Either they will die or they will catch the curse, and everytime a werebeast changes their body goes back to a shiny new state: limbs regrown, nerves fixed, etc.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 01:40:51 am »

When someone suffers a crippling nerve injury or loses a few important limbs: send them to the doctor. Either they will die or they will catch the curse, and everytime a werebeast changes their body goes back to a shiny new state: limbs regrown, nerves fixed, etc.
Those who visit the the Doctor also become Doctors. It's kind of risky, particularly if there's a non-Doctor nearby when that time of the month rolls around...
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 01:31:11 pm »

Those who visit the the Doctor also become Doctors. It's kind of risky, particularly if there's a non-Doctor nearby when that time of the month rolls around...

I have a feeling that Doctor ought to be the word for werebeast, the way we say cotton candy and Clowns.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 02:12:24 pm »

Can you infect others by bleeding them into a well, like a vampire?  or how do they transmit the curse?

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 02:14:49 pm »

Bites only AFAIK
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 02:23:10 pm »

Going along with the cotton candy-adamantine, clown-demon, and the suggested Doctor-werebeast, there should be something for the semi-spoiler of Vampires.
You'll certainly encounter them, although they're much less common in fortress mode than standard adventuring.
Oftentimes your first quest will be to kill them.
May I suggest Keeper?
Since they keep fortresses alive if they're locked away and kept out of the inevitable.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 07:49:53 pm »

I'mma say that vampires should be called Colossal Arseholes. Seriously, how many times has a vampire eaten my legendary armoursmith? Too many.
Or maybe Elves. Vampires are cannibals. Elves are cannibals. Vampires are elves!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eidre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 03:44:00 pm »

Incidentally, has anyone ever tried to inflict vampirism on an existing werecreature?  Or get a werecreature to bite a vampire?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 03:55:32 pm »

I doubt anybody's bothered to try, because their raws explicitly prevent werebeasts from becoming vampires or vampires werebeasts. They're mutually exclusive. I'm pretty sure Toady actually mentioned that in the devlogs, too, but that was around two years ago.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 04:16:41 am »

That alert would be appropriate for the regular huge migrant waves as well...
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.
Pages: [1] 2