Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game crashes when you enter into lair with bogeyman corpse in backpack  (Read 630 times)

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey!

My linux DF is crashing every time when my bogeyman slayer is entering with bogieman in his backpack. Is this bug raporter?

Can i kill all bogeymans in the world or they're infinite spawning?

Can bogeyman be named?
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

It might be, depending on why the game crashes. It may be because of bogeyman, but why it crashes only on a lair? Try to enter other sites and other lairs. Perhaps that exact lair is bugged. If you can't enter anything...

You can't kill your nightmares. They will come for you regardless.

Nope, they cannot. Even legends would say "was killed by bogeyman" instead of "Urist McCrasy AdventurerKiller"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

-Boogeymen are supposed to evaporate when killed.  Report it here
-Boogeymen are 'numberless' meaning infinite.  Never going to kill them all.
-Im not sure if they'd get named.  Maybe if they got 5 notables?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

-Boogeymen are supposed to evaporate when killed.  Report it here
-Boogeymen are 'numberless' meaning infinite.  Never going to kill them all.
-Im not sure if they'd get named.  Maybe if they got 5 notables?

1) No. They evaporate at dawn/a few turns after their death. But if you grabbed a hand/horn/head - you get it permanently. See Museum game, there was a bogeyman part in the exposition, I think.
3) No, they don't. Someone (sadly, can't pinpoint) researched this, playing as a bogeyman adventurer...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.