Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Shattered Hope IC: Chapter Two: Allies and Enemies  (Read 53725 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"E-ehhh?! Ah, well, I u-usually wear something a bit different when I'm spelunking. Sturdier, ya know? And a hat. Hats help too."

The bard was a distinct shade of red, and he was starting to fumble over his words. He wanted to leave, to regain his composure...but he couldn't bring himself to think of an excuse.

"I-I'm sturdier than I look, ya know, and faster, too. Probably one of the fastest people here, actually, even if I don't have a sword or anything..."

"I'm really not all that much of a help, am I? All I do is play music, and that won't find the shards."

Daethwin laughed nervously, before looking down at his hands, smile fading.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Nonsense. You keep morale up, and that's an important job too. For what it's worth, I at least am glad you're here."

Noel was going to continue on, but at that point Kosko came over.

"Daethwin and I were just talking about a few things. You went out to see the shops, correct? Did you find anything useful?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

Barthus hurried to where the others had gathered upon learning of the state of affairs in Licha. While he didn't know a single person from Licha, news of war was an ominous sign. He turned to Elvira and quickly bowed as much as he could as a small bead of sweat trickled down his face.

: "Huff... Puff... Sorry m'lady... whooo... I just heard about the news in... hrrrngh... Licha. Is this true? The war I mean."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I don't know. We have the information from a local shopkeeper, you'd be better off asking them. All I know is that there have been troop movements in the past few months and now rumors of real war. We'll know more about it when we meet up with Aeon."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

The blacksmith frowned. That wasn't quite the answer he was hoping to receive.

: : "Und...- Understood.

He bowed again and took a few steps away. He stroked his hand through his beard and thought a bit. Just why was the princess relying on the word of a mere shopkeep? Did she not have intelligence in other countries? In Arup, he could be certain that any number of spies would be feeding information to the leaders of the nation, keeping tabs on anything and everything. The idea that the princess did not even seem to have the most basic of networks was... Frightening.

: "Oh my... I hope this girl knows what she's doing..."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Runa and Jake must have gone off somewhere, because no one seemed to know where they were. Oh well, surely someone would tell them if she didn't get to them first. Shrugging, Violet made her way back to the breakfast table, hoping there was some food left. If not...well, one missed meal wouldn't kill her. She found an empty seat near Josephine and sat down.

: "Pardon my intrusion Josephine, but I was wondering what you knew about this "Kosko" person who joined at the same time you did. Was he a member of your village too?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"That trinkets are overpriced and medicine is underpriced." Kosko looked at Daethwin, and at Noel, and Daethwin again, still remembering the blush he noticed on Daethwin a moment ago.

"Adorablehair, are you trying to woo Cuteface Bard?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Noel raised an eyebrow.

"Cuteface? ... ... ...Well, I can't say you're wrong about that..."

"As for the other, well, I suppose that's up to Daethwin."

Noel turned to the bard.

"...This, eh, little fact about me Kosko guessed... it doesn't bother you, does it?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Runa returns to the Inn and sits down, getting some water to drink as she tried to think of how to be helpful to the group.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Jake had been wandering around to see if he could gather information and all he got was rumors or war and directions to the trinket shop, so he went there.

Excuse me, I'm a traveler headed to Licha and I heard something about a war, do you happen to know something else about that?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hmmph, it's like I told that girl in your group. There's been troops comin through here fer the past month or so. More than usual! That's the Licha troops of course. If there'd been Angthera troops here, well, it's not likely we'd still be here, now is it? Now don't you go thinkin I don't know nothin bout war. I've lived through two of 'em and if there's a third comin, why, I'll live through that one too! When I was your age, we fought in the war and we were proud of it! None of this here diplomacy that you hear about, trading land and such for peace. No, back in my day we fought for what we wanted! So I know what war looks like. And those troops weren't out here to guard the border like it was going to be all peaceful. No, there's war coming, sonny. Should've known it when my knees started acting up again. Always could tell when something bad was coming."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Thanks a lot. I'll go back to talk with my group.

Jake goes back to the inn to rely this informarion to the princess.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As Jake left, he heard a shout from inside the store. "AND YOU BETTER STAY OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPER!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"Well, you beat 'em once.  If they do collect a few pieces, we can just beat 'em again and take back what they stole.  Plus, I really want a rematch with those bushsnakes."\
Jo really liked the young knight.

"You're really an uplifter, Sandra. Thanks for that. A lot. Though what did they do to you? (Other than...ransack the capital. That's big...yeah.)"

She looked aside and waved to Violet, before remembering that she was blind.
: "Pardon my intrusion Josephine, but I was wondering what you knew about this "Kosko" person who joined at the same time you did. Was he a member of your village too?"
"Member of my village would be...quite distant. No, he wasn't. Met him past dawn before I went for my daily training regimen (and work with the hunters), before he went in the inn. Then I came back for my break and...well, I chose to get to know the guy."
Her tone was a bit wavy and uncertain, and she noted that Violet would miss her accompanying hand gestures so she chose to make up for it.
"Though he's a dedicated fellow though. Cheery. A bit too cheery...I see. I wonder if something happened though. Seems like he's more than what he seems to be below the cheery (and probably sadistic...like) behavior. Oh! Wait, I'll introduce you to Sandra. I'll borrow your hands so you know how she will look like. Sandra, I-err, this is Violet. She's blind." She took Violet's hands and gestured at Sandra with her eyes, hoping the knight would get her intent and introduced via facial touch the two women.
"She's part of Elvira's honor guard as far as I know, but has quite the background--a villager just like me! And..wait, do you know how I look like?"

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

At the question, Sandra's expression darkened.  It was an honest question, though, and she decided it was better to answer straight.  It wasn't like they couldn't find out by asking anyone else in the palace guard, after all.
"When they hit the capital, they came in through the palace gate where I was stationed.  They...they got everyone else in my squad.  I'm going to repay them a hundred, no, a million times over, since the others can't anymore."

She frowned and shook her head, returning to her earlier cheery mood. 
"But enough about bad things.  So, you're Violet?"  She leaned a bit across the table, apparently oblivious to Josephine's hints.  "Nice to meet you, too."
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77