Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 77

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Shattered Hope IC: Chapter Two: Allies and Enemies  (Read 53746 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Shattered Hope IC: Chapter One: Shattering
« Reply #720 on: June 09, 2014, 07:14:04 pm »

Noel closed his book and walked over to Daethwin when he saw the man was by himself.

"Er... you ran off earlier without giving me a chance to apologize, so... I wanted to say I'm sorry for offending you."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 09, 2014, 07:23:48 pm »

While on the way to the throne room, Jo decided to continue a bit of chat, seeing as how the rest were quite busy and strident with their acts.
: "Wahahaaa! I imagine I'll be smelling pretty ripe here in the next few days if we're going to be travelling!

"Well if any heat would be the problem, its best to apply the cooling to one specific area instead of the whole body--the lower back. You won't feel it instantly unlike the first, but it'll work for a longer period of time! Also, if this is a mistaken trip, then I really think you'll be venturing far away from home.

"You didn't leave anything back there that you'd really need, or something you'd forget, right?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 09, 2014, 07:46:50 pm »

: "Oh well... No... I mean... Yes. I never meant to be taking this trip. When I left Arup, I didn't think I would be sticking around long. You know, the usual. Just a short trip out of town... Go visit a few places. See a few people. Find a wife... But now that I am on this little vacation-quest... I think I'll be alright for a little while longer. While there is still yet a roof above my head and a fire in my breast my soul is content... Well sort of... But that's besides the point! As far as this journey goes, I will walk this road as long as the fair princess remembers to feed me on occasion! Wahahahaaa!"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 09, 2014, 07:53:24 pm »

"Well I find that self-cooked food is the best food! If you want, I could...teach you how to cook, despite not being that good at it. Since we're going by ourselves, I doubt it would be not needed seeing the plan of travel."
Sort of content, finding a wife--probably a soulmate--and pretty much honest to goodness...
I like him!

"I was planning to ask this for the road but...who taught you your profession? For a 'lump of junk', and made out of dissimilar materials, that suit of armor looks...well, it doesn't look like junk at all. Rather a well crafted opposite, though shaded in a few areas. Mostly indistinguishable."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 09, 2014, 08:34:01 pm »

Barthus chuckled looking down and to the side. He liked this girl. She was sweet, and had eyes that weren't looking away from side to side as if she had somewhere better to be. Not only that, but she was quite beautiful in her own way. Was it luck or... Something more? Here was a girl that suddenly showed interest in his humble life. It was nice... But was also a new feeling. When used to fire, the shock of cool water was almost intimidating. Pounded and battered as he was, what did he see in him?

It was confusing the poor blacksmith and he stuttered a bit more as he painfully fought to try to tame his tongue which seemed to be having spasms in his mouth every which direction.

: "Wellmaybe... I guess... Um... Heheh... You c-could try to teach me I guess. I doubt you can do worse than t-the time I tried to cook sausages in the forge... Oh my they came out so crispy like little black pebbles... like this small... Here look my fingers... Oh you would just have to see it... and then my father... Hoo hoo... Well he-"

Barthus clamped his mouth shut. Woe! What a prattling tongue he had. Armor. She asked about the armor!

: "No, no! This armor is far from my best work! If it were for a customer, my father would have whipped me good! This is just something I whipped up from all the spare shavings and left over ingots that I had lying about the forge. Nothin special... Just a homemade special. It may look nice and sturdy from a distance, but if you look real closely you'll notice tiny little cracks and imperfections here and there. I never did get around to painting it either. But like I said..."

FATHER.

: "Right! Right! My father taught me. He was a master blacksmith in Elmmden proper. He served many a noble in his time and I would wager that none could make a blade as sharp as he, nor an armor of greater durability. Many of the guards in Arup still use armor based off of his designs today. I've been spending these last few years just trying to get up to his quality of work. This suit, this is nothin'. Strong as steel and as light as a butterfly... That's what the kind of armor he made."
BIRDS.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 09, 2014, 08:50:42 pm »

Runa is kinda now in awe, realizing how massive Barthus is in comparison to her for once... it was kinda scary if you combined his muscles, gruff beard, and rough armor to the mix.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 09, 2014, 08:53:37 pm »

Noel closed his book and walked over to Daethwin when he saw the man was by himself.

"Er... you ran off earlier without giving me a chance to apologize, so... I wanted to say I'm sorry for offending you."

Daethwin sighed, not yet opening his eyes.

"Maybe next time, could you think about whether or not the traveling musician even is a mercenary, much less wants to be called one?"

He opened his eyes, looking at Noel seriously, but not angrily.

"It's fine now, I guess...I'm over it."

"The Princess seems pretty confident in you. Something interesting happen between you?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 09, 2014, 09:12:15 pm »

"...I'll keep that in mind. I assumed since you joined with the others..."

Noel sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I suppose I can be rather trying at times. I've only been away from Denoss for less than a year and it is easy to forget that people are less... mmm... I can't think of the word I need."

He gave up on that and chose to answer Daethwin's question.

"Between Elvira and I? No, I can't say that anything has. It's merely a respect for my magical talents. I don't mean to boast but my dark magic is indeed quite formidable, and in fairness half of that is the strength of dark magic. Aside from that, she is the princess, and I am - for the time being - a servant."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 09, 2014, 09:40:39 pm »

And so the violence filled day drew to a close. Elvira sent a rider with a message to her betrothed, informing her of his intentions to vist. They would be passing through the border town of Etos and would hope to meet him on the Licha side of the border. The next day the set out, riding hard for the border. They avoided towns when possible, trying to keep the trip as quiet as possible. Arriving in Etos, they took a day to rest their mounts and take some time to make sure they were stocked up on everything they needed.

Chapter 2: Allies and Enemies

Elvira woke in the inn of the small town of Etos and sighed. Walking downstairs, she found most of the group awake and having breakfast. With a smile to the innkeeper who brought her portion to her, she looked them over.

"We will be leaving at noon. Any last minute shopping that needs to be done should be finished by then. Other than that, you are free to do as you wish. We're almost to where Aeon should be waiting for us. Hopefully we'll be making progress soon."

In Etos there is a magic shop and a trinket shop. The party gold can be found in the OoC thread OP

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 09, 2014, 09:45:01 pm »

"Thank you, then. F-for admitting that, I mean."

Daethwin found himself tongue-tied inexplicably for a moment. Blargh. Stupid emotions.

"I'm sure you're quite formidable, in many ways. Do I hear a hint of wistfulness in your tone? Does the dark mage want aspire to be something more the princess?~"

Daethwin looked almost giddy, childish with suppressed glee and playful mockery.

"It would be like all those stories, so romantic~"

He laughs somewhere between a giggle and a cackle, sticking his tongue out at Noel for a second.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Runa is having trouble getting her Sword belted to her waist, and her Staff across her back. It was so strange to wear armor, no matter how light.
[/quote]

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I'm just going to retcon our conversation starting over breakfast instead of Noel walking up to Daethwin, to fit with the new area/time. That cool, Rolep?)

Despite himself, Noel laughed.

"Elvira and I? Even were she not engaged, it would never happen."

"If anything did, it would be purely for political reasons. I have no romantic interest in her, and I doubt she would have any for me even if her fiance, Aeon, were out of the picture. It's a good working relationship, but nothing more."

He idly toyed with his fork, flipping the lettuce in his salad over the tomatoes and placing a piece of bacon on the result.

"So, you're a traveling minstrel? What's your favorite country so far?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

Barthus placed his hand on the young troubadour's shoulder and chuckled, a deep sound like that of coming from a very bubbly mountain.

: "Here, try something like this."

Taking up the scabbard, he took the whole works and clipped it onto her belt in one swift movement. He was used to clipping onto scabbards onto nobles, so the action came as second nature. He never really understood that part. Usually they wouldn't let him near them, but the second that he had a blade in their hands... He shrugged.

: "Hrmm... Silly girl... Such skinny arms you have... If I had to make a guess, the sword isn't your first weapon. What's your name dearie?"
BIRDS.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Violet picked away at her food, deep in thought.
: Would that you could see me now, Mother. Before I was your precious porcelain doll, to be locked away where it could not be harmed. Now I have killed several men. I have been in battle, I am helping a Princess save her kingdom. I will make you proud, Mother...or at the very least make you see me differently.
She sensed Runa having difficulty with her new sword (what was with Verosian clergy and swords, anyway? That priest had one as well) and opened her eyes.
: "Are you certain you know how to use that, Runa? It would not do for you to hurt yourself."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I-i'm Runa..." She gives a nervous smile to the massive man.
"I... I'll be able to use it..." Runa gives Violet's hand a gentle pat to replace a nod she wouldn't see.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 77