Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 77

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Shattered Hope IC: Chapter Two: Allies and Enemies  (Read 53730 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

: "I realize that is not my place to question one's abilities, having only been using a sword for a short time myself, but do you have any experience or training in such a weapon? It takes a lot of energy to fight, and healing seems to tire you out greatly as it is."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I won't let anyone... anyone down." Runa states, trying to be somewhat convincing.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

"I-i'm Runa..." She gives a nervous smile to the massive man.

Barthus cocked his head over in Violet's direction. Now now, that's no way to talk!

: "Come now. I think she'll do just fine. A sword in comparison to other weapons is quite light. Perhaps she should have gone for a more, slim beginner's blade but I think that what she has will work too."

He gave a gentle smile to Runa.

: "Any ways, it's a pleasure. Th' name's Barthus. Pleased to meet you. I suppose we'll have time to acquaint ourselves further later, but for now I need to go get a drink... Or food. Something. Now... I wonder what kind of ales they have in this town... My stomach is rumbling too, oh me my..."

Barthus wanders off in search of a tavern.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

(That works perfectly fine, and probably makes for a better story anyway)

Daethwin seems deflated at first, but it's made clear that it's just an exaggeration a moment later when he speaks, the cheer still obvious in his voice. It was like he couldn't stop being excited about life.

"Yeah, I figured as much, but a bard can hope!"

He stops for a moment, spinning a spoon idly on a callused fingertip as he considers Noel's question.

"Well, I was born in Raia, so I think patriotism is supposed to factor into it, but my childhood memories give me the distinct sense that 'patriotic' is not a word you used to describe Raians."

Daethwin grinned mischievously at Noel, though he was also watching to see how the nobleman would react to his birthplace. Home wasn't really a word that applied to Daethwin, really, especially not for Raia. So not really a homeland.

"Hmmmm...welll...Veros has been nice...Theresh was always generous, they seem to like artists there...Elmdden was a nice change from this whole system of nobility, but I'm kinda outside that anyway aren't I?...eh, I'd have to go with Veros. No bandit attacks, no terrible weather, not very many overly-protective parent-innkeepers...oh, and I get to meet such handsome people."

Daethwin winked at Noel as he forked one of the sausages and took a bite. He made an appreciative sound; he knew good food, and this was spiced very nicely. Not as good as in Irat, but it wasn't fair to compare other country's spices to theirs.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:06:14 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Hmm. I've heard of Raia... not entirely pleasant things, either. Mainly those nobles who held port cities complaining about losing merchant ships to your country's navy."

It didn't affect Noel at all, and so his tone was merely observational. His family's holdings had been closer to the borders of Veros and Elmdden than the sea.

"I will agree that Veros is a nice place to live. There's something to be said for getting away from political schemes and the web of intrigue that is a nobleman's life... though I also must admit I get homesick at times."

He wondered what Daethwin meant with his last comment. He hoped he meant himself, but at the same time he was cautious not to get his hopes too far up.

"Not many overly-protective inn-keeping fathers, huh? Do you get in trouble much?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"In Veros? Only every third inn or so. Is it truly my fault if their sons and daughters find my intriguing?"

His tone became rather less cheerful, though it was by no means angry, just the tone of someone remembering something annoying.

"In Denoss, on the other hand...it seemed like getting looked at sideways was an acceptable excuse to be thrown outsometimes in the middle of a perfectly good meal, too."

"As for Raia...it's not exactly what you'd call a pleasant place. Calling it a country at all is a laugh, really; just a haven for cutthroats, exiles, and the orphans they leave behind."

His tone had taken on a decidedly more bitter tone by the end of the sentence, a fact that surprised even Daethwin.

"But anyway. Where are you from, then? It doesn't sound like Veros, but...Licha isn't near Raia, and I don't get the feeling that you're from Angthera."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I suppose the only way to like or understand Denoss is to be raised there. My family, the Schoech, is... was... nobility in Denoss."

Noel took a bite of his salad.

"...Well, that's neither here nor there right now."

"Sons and daughters, eh? From the way you talk I'd guess you've... er... left your boots beneath many beds?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Daethwin, for a moment, looks incredibly offended, enough that it's entirely possible that Noel might fear a repeat of the 'mercenary' incident. Until he speaks.

"Sir, please! Do not think so little of me as to believe I would waste a perfectly good pair of boots like that. When you're a bard, you have to make every coin count. When you're a good one, that means a lot of really nice food and beds, fortunately."

"As for Denoss, it's a nice enough place, as long as you stay on the nobles' good side. 'Sides, I'm from Raia; don't think I'm gonna judge you for your birthplace."

He blew on the porridge they'd been given to cool it off, wishing he'd done so earlier. It was good porridge, with way too much sugar just how he liked it. Unfortunately, it was difficult to enjoy with a scalded tongue.

"What about you, then? You meet many lovely princesses in Denoss and woo them with your manly charms of magical-ness-ality?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Pfff!"

Noel hid his face in his hands until his laughter calmed down. It took a few minutes for his shoulders to stop shaking - the idea of him wooing princesses was so sudden and absurd that it had caught him completely off-guard and was somehow hilarious.

"No, no, nothing of the sort. It's, eh, improper behavior for someone of my blood?"

He certainly sounded like he was reaching for an excuse, anyway.

"Anyway. I meant the boots thing as a - as a euphemism for... experience, I suppose."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Daethwin waited, smiling, eating some of his porridge now that it had cooled down from 'how did they make water feel like fire' to 'well my mouth's numb anyway so might as well swallow the lava' until the mage's laughter died down.

"Oh? And why would someone of your blood be interested in something like that?~"

'Of your blood' was said in such a way as to give the implication that Noel was a high and mighty noble, above consorting with princesses and debauchery, who would never want to have anything to do with anything as vulgar and common as sex. It was also said playfully; Daethwin had a hard time saying things any other way, most of the time.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Violet, who could hear this entire dialogue between shaman and bard, excused herself from the table and went outside, blushing furiously. She had never heard such a...candid...conversation in her entire life! And now she was more confused than ever regarding Daethwin's gender.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Barthus looked around but since this is a small respectable town and it's barely 10 in the morning, he didn't find any place open that sells alcohol.

Elvira noticed Violet leaving the inn and followed after her. Calling out to her quietly so she didn't startle the girl, Elvira asked,

"Is everything ok Violet? You left breakfast rather suddenly... I couldn't help but notice you didn't finish your meal. I know that these last few fights have been really your first... Are you handling things ok? Do you need to talk to someone about it?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Violet flinched slightly, not in startlement but in fear. If the princess thought that she was losing her nerve and could no longer handle this...

: "Mi-milady! I assure you, I am doing just fine!"
: "I was...merely thinking of home, and I always eat rather slowly. And I only left because I overheard--" She turned pink again, and refused to elaborate.
: "You are correct, I am not used to fighting yet. But I do not wish to bother you or anyone else with whatever issues I have."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Er, n-no reason. Just, eh, idle curiosity into the life of a traveler such as yourself."

"I'm not much of an... outdoors person. I spent most of my formative years studying magic under my father, and then of course the one time I traveled I came here to Veros and I've spent the time since then in the castle and surrounding town."

"You made it seem like that was a big reason for you to be traveling around, so... I thought I'd ask about it!"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Eh. It's a nice side-benefit, not getting kicked out on my arse and all, but it's not why I travel."

Daethwin held up a finger, like he was counting for Noel.

"I travel for two reasons, mainly. First, I like to see the world. Meet new people. See what things are like somewhere else. I've never been particularly good at staying in one place long, 'less something really intrigued me."

The second finger goes up, and the bard grins self-deprecatingly.

Two, bards can't really stay in one place long. Particularly if they make 'friends.' People aren't always appreciative, and even when they are, you only have so many stories to tell, and so many to learn, before it's not worth their time to put up with ya, you know?"

Daethwin looks thoughtful for a moment.

"We'll have to change that, then. The whole 'not traveling' thing. It's so much fun going places!"

He stops suddenly, startled. Unsure of himself, blushing every so faintly, he adds,

"T-that is, assuming you want to, and all..."

He didn't get it. Other flirtations he'd had never made him flustered like this. That was supposed to happen to them, not him! Arrgh! Infuriating mage, turning everything on it's tail!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 77