Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Therian Saga: Browser Based XTREME CRAFTING Simulator  (Read 20583 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Therian Saga: Browser Based XTREME CRAFTING Simulator
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2014, 09:42:51 pm »

Just to be sure, does a guild basically act like a shared concession? As in, can one build the same things in a guild that one would build on a private concession (mines, workshops, inns, etc)? And can a guild have more than one concession?
Short answer is "Not how you want" because guild construction is how it should be in other games - it'll take the whole guild's dedicated effort to build.  It's expensive and time-consuming.  It's FAR easier to build your alts their own homes.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2014, 12:54:37 am »

Just to be sure, does a guild basically act like a shared concession? As in, can one build the same things in a guild that one would build on a private concession (mines, workshops, inns, etc)? And can a guild have more than one concession?
Short answer is "Not how you want" because guild construction is how it should be in other games - it'll take the whole guild's dedicated effort to build.  It's expensive and time-consuming.  It's FAR easier to build your alts their own homes.

Makes sense. I'll work on individual homes for now then.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2014, 02:26:20 am »

How's this guild expansion going to work logistically? Will everyone from Twelfth and Thanes be moving into Watchers? Basically, should I, as an unguilded, wait to join Watchers after it expands, or should I join one of the others?

Also, not unrelated, would anyone know of some good, free, intermediate level tutorials for writing queries in Access, or writing SQL queries in general? Or how to organize a database for production chains?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2014, 02:57:47 pm »

I'm nearing the point where I want to build a workshop for my metalsmith, so how do I go about that? I'm assuming it would be prudent to do it in lanfar because I'm going to be making a shelter there anyways, but what do I need to put in it and stuff?

Lithare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2014, 04:28:01 pm »

Actually, i would recommend having a concession somwhere easy to build for your workshops.  Up to you, but it'll cost you significantly more in expansions and building materials to put it in Lanfar.  As far as what you need, if you do an outdoor workshop, the machine itself and then whatever the building mats are that will overcome your land resistance.  So if you build on the Hawkoria plains, for instance, you can use all fir mats and a cloth roof from the npc, plus your machine.  An indoor workshop is highly recommend, as you can pair a mill with your machine, providing a bonus to strength.  it will save you so much money in consumables, as well as allowing you to skill up with higher end materials more easily.

Indoor workshop is 5 framework, 4 walls, 3 foundation, 1 roof, and 2 machines.  Could be 2 separate machines, or a mill and one skill-specific machine

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2014, 05:11:48 pm »

Building the workshop in hawk is fine. Which location is the easiest/is there any I can build with NPC materials? And should I save up for the absolute best machine on the market, or just get something cheap?

Lithare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2014, 08:31:50 am »

I believe most, if not all, of the recommended concessions can use npc materials for the structure.  As far as the machine goes, it's a question of how long you want it to last you.  Which metalworking machine do you want first?  Someone in the guild, such as myself, could make you one very cheaply, if not for free.  My very first machines weren't even as good as what you can get in Maliken (lanfar), so I outgrew them very quickly.

Shoot me an in-game mail @ Lithare with a note about what type of machine or machines you want.  Or throw it up in b12 chat channel.  Or jump into Steam chat, if you have Steam. 

Material provision is usually all that is asked, depending upon the machine type and strength you want.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]