Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Story A Day Month  (Read 4250 times)

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Story A Day Month
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2014, 01:48:02 am »

I'm inspired seeing you crank out stories Sappho. Writing can be a lonely and discouraging thing in isolation. The stuff I've written I'm too embarrassed to share.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 02:10:40 am »

Share it anyway, here or in the Writer's Apprenticeship, and we will tell you how to improve in a friendly and non-judgmental fashion!

Also, yes writing in isolation can be discouraging, which is part of the reason I suggest you share your works.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 03:26:43 am »

I just only started writing now, so I guess I'll write 5 days into the next month too.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2014, 03:41:37 am »

It's been a while since I tried to write anything (mostly because of my keyboard...), so I might use this as an excuse to start again.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 07:24:44 am »

Might start this today but I have no real interest in the prompts, when I write it's normally just to get down some of the things in my head which means that sometimes they are very abstract.

I wrote an entire short story after contemplating lithobraking once.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 12:53:45 pm »

Everyone who's hesitating, just dive in! No one will care if your stories are good or not, and everyone here will give you positive constructive feedback if you want to improve.

I didn't really like today's prompts too much, because this was the only story they put in my head, and I don't like writing about this kind of stuff. I don't know enough about it, and I don't like getting involved in political discussions online (or in real life, really). But this was what I got, so I pounded it out quick and posted it without editing.

From now on I'll just link to the blog rather than posting here, rather than trying to fix the formatting on two different sites. Hope no one minds my shameless plugging, but the blog is really only for this challenge, so it's not like I'm advertising anything else. : )

Day 05: Shame / Acquired Confirmation

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 02:58:52 pm »

Everyone who's hesitating, just dive in! No one will care if your stories are good or not, and everyone here will give you positive constructive feedback if you want to improve.

I didn't really like today's prompts too much, because this was the only story they put in my head, and I don't like writing about this kind of stuff. I don't know enough about it, and I don't like getting involved in political discussions online (or in real life, really). But this was what I got, so I pounded it out quick and posted it without editing.

From now on I'll just link to the blog rather than posting here, rather than trying to fix the formatting on two different sites. Hope no one minds my shameless plugging, but the blog is really only for this challenge, so it's not like I'm advertising anything else. : )

Day 05: Shame / Acquired Confirmation

That one was quite good.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:34:35 pm by moocowmoo »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 03:34:03 pm »

Uh... can join? I'll probably forget about this tomorrow but I wrote a thing for the thing. It's not proofread or w/e, just a bit of fun.

Spoiler: 1 - Pirate Roberton (click to show/hide)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2014, 01:12:30 am »

Yay, more stories! I think you referred to the assassin as "he" near the beginning there, but I like the story. : )

Today's prompts:
Official: "Set aside a full hour to write a short story. Start and finish the story during that time."
Bay12: Static Food

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2014, 05:43:00 am »

I'm filling in those stories offline but not regarding the prompts. Is that ok?

Also Caz, story~ \o/
That one is great!
I told you you don't suck :I

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2014, 06:12:52 am »

Yay, more stories! I think you referred to the assassin as "he" near the beginning there, but I like the story. : )

Whoops. And thanks. :)

Today's prompts:
Official: "Set aside a full hour to write a short story. Start and finish the story during that time."
Bay12: Static Food

Static... food? What does this even mean :(

I'm filling in those stories offline but not regarding the prompts. Is that ok?

Also Caz, story~ \o/
That one is great!
I told you you don't suck :I

It was a fluke. Thanks for the nice comments, though. :) You should post your stories here also.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2014, 06:14:39 am »

You kill it before trying to eat it, obviously. Maybe I'll get around to writing another story today. Or finishing typing up the other one. I said an hour...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2014, 08:31:54 am »

You kill it before trying to eat it, obviously. Maybe I'll get around to writing another story today. Or finishing typing up the other one. I said an hour...

It doesn't necessarily mean anything, the words are from a random generator. So just write whatever that inspires you to write, or disregard it entirely and write something else. : )

EDIT: Today's story is up. http://meganleefiction.blogspot.cz/2014/05/story-day-06-static-food.html

I'm having fun trying to make each story as unique as possible. It's not something I get to do when writing a novel.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:21:23 pm by Sappho »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2014, 01:13:59 am »

Today's Prompts

Official: Write the story that accompanies this ending line:

I clicked off the safety, swearing that if she showed her face here today, my room would be the last one she ever entered.

Bay12: Hierarchical Enlightenment

I'm definitely not using the official one today. *shudder*

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2014, 04:05:21 pm »

Day 7 Story: http://meganleefiction.blogspot.com/2014/05/story-day-07-hierarchical-enlightenment.html

I feel like the roots of a really good idea are in here, though they need a lot of development and reworking. I might earmark this one for later revisitation...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4