Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: Prince of the Mafia: Back in action  (Read 53847 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: I may be gone, but it still lives on!
« Reply #450 on: June 11, 2014, 09:55:43 am »

MOWE, I can see why you'd think that but I don't believe you've really appreciated all the possibilities here. Also, you're talking exactly how a Golem would talk: what have you got against having your role confirmed?
What exactly have I said to make you think I'm a Golem? I have nothing against having my role confirmed. I have nothing to hide.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 11, 2014, 10:01:23 am »

If I'm dead and flip town what's the plan? Why aren't you discussing eventualities? I'm saying what we've allegedly seen of your actions is compatible with being a scum golem and we shouldn't believe your Angel claim unreflectingly. As most of us are town, it's likely most of us are telling the truth, but I know one of you is a liar.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 11, 2014, 10:39:43 am »

Mod, are there banned roles in Prince mafia?
Yes, Batman is a banned role. And a player can't pick an Amnesiac role, but I can give them an Amnesiac role.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 11, 2014, 10:44:41 am »

Mod, can you send me a list of currently active players and players in the waitlist so I can update the OP?  Thanks.
There is no waitlist currently, perhaps a title update mentioning that replacement needed for TDS is necessary.

Playerlist:
TDS
NQT
TWS
MOWE
Imperial Guardsman
flabort

Day will end today, June 11th at 5:30 PM EST, 5 hours and 45 minutes from this post.

Votecount:
1. Imperial Guardsman (1)- notquitethere
2. TheDarkStar (0)-
3. Flabort (0)-
4. TheWetSheep (0)-
5. Notquitethere (3)- TheWetSheep, Imperial Guardsman, MyOwnWorstEnemy
6. MyOwnWorstEnemy (0)-
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 11, 2014, 10:46:47 am »

Due to some silliness with my computer, I can't update the title right now.  However, I should be able to in the afternoon.  I'm also willing to play in the next game, I'll figure out my character later.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 11, 2014, 10:50:52 am »

See, I told you guys. I'm an amnesiac. We should be lynching the claimed killer, Imperial Guardsman.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 11, 2014, 01:18:18 pm »

Persus:When will TDS be modkilled?

NQT:
Sheep, you make a good point about Flabort's MUP'ing, but the rest still stands.
No it doesn't. Everything in there is extremely unlikely, so you are the best lynch by far. If you're not mafia the game continues, and we should be able to figure it out anyway.

Do you think that Persus would have made you amnesiac and given you a horrible addition that randomly kills people?

Incidentally, I'm not pulling the amnesiac thing out of thin air: I breadcrumbed it in my first post today, as you can see by looking at the first letter of each sentence.
You could just have easily breadcrumbed a fakeclaim. You'd probably do it, since you pretty much always advocate for full or partial claims.

Anyway, being an amnesiac doesn't make you not mafia. And why would you ask for a random role?

Roleblocking would still work with the plan, but yeah, the 1/4 chance of doing nothing isn't great. Do you have a better plan?
MUP doesn't roleblock, it protects.

If I'm dead and flip town what's the plan? Why aren't you discussing eventualities?
Here's what we do:

We use your plan, but switch the places of you and IG.

MOWE protects flabort, confirming her.
I MUP IG.
IG does nothing.

This basically confirms everybody except for possibly IG, who we can lynch tomorrow.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 11, 2014, 01:19:37 pm »

Persus:When will TDS be modkilled?
Day end.
Sigtext

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 11, 2014, 01:23:04 pm »

See, I told you guys. I'm an amnesiac. We should be lynching the claimed killer, Imperial Guardsman.
Im a REPLACEMENT with a whole new role and my only kill was a FAILED kill on Darkstar god damnit!
NQT, I reccomend you stop trying to ass pull, admit checkmate, lay your king down, and say GG, because we all know very well you are the prince mafia and if this lynch fails I will end you tonight and ensure this round comes to a town victory. 
BRRRR INCOMING WALL OF TEXT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
OVER-JUSTIFICATION, NQT. You jump at me looking for an easy kill, huh? Rolling the dice and praying that your willingness to die this game gets you saved, and me killed. THE PRINCE MAFIA ATTEMPTING TO TAKE CHARGE OF THE TOWN. NQT. Its. Over.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 11, 2014, 01:46:55 pm »

Sheep, I wanted to get a random role for the fun and challenge of it. Persus decided to mess with me and make me amnesiac again, which I was very much not fond of the first time. I never lie in breadcrumbs as that would undermine the trustworthiness of my breadcrumbing in future games. Check my other games if you like. Auto killing is quite a powerful role if combined with another active action, which would explain why it was nerfed so brutally.

I'm really not the one you want to kill.

Imperial, I'm saying if I were scum and my kill was blocked and someone else killed, I'd be tempted to claim to throw suspicion on the town killer.

I liked your psychological breakdown stuff though: my respect for your capacity to reflect om the game has increased substantially.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 11, 2014, 02:48:45 pm »

Sheep, I wanted to get a random role for the fun and challenge of it. Persus decided to mess with me and make me amnesiac again, which I was very much not fond of the first time. I never lie in breadcrumbs as that would undermine the trustworthiness of my breadcrumbing in future games. Check my other games if you like. Auto killing is quite a powerful role if combined with another active action, which would explain why it was nerfed so brutally.

I'm really not the one you want to kill.

Imperial, I'm saying if I were scum and my kill was blocked and someone else killed, I'd be tempted to claim to throw suspicion on the town killer.

I liked your psychological breakdown stuff though: my respect for your capacity to reflect on the game has increased substantially.
I want a watcher to claim, and go on me. If NQT avoids death, watch on me, I will go on him tonight.
Also, NQT, Remember the nerfs to the more powerful roles? Remember when I was Devils Advocate, an SK with only daykills, and a rolecop? How that got nerfed to a 50 percent fail on my kill, my role cop turned into regular sane cop, and I lost my vote? Can you imagine how powerful a maf that can kill and give himself more powers would be in this setup? The odds are VERY low that the Prince Mafia could be a cannibal alone with no nerfs.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 11, 2014, 03:59:18 pm »

You make the mistake of assuming I believe you're a straight up cannibal. You could have any kind of killing role. You could even have tracked MOWE and claimed you sent in a kill as you'd know the doc would claim.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 11, 2014, 04:28:20 pm »

You make the mistake of assuming I believe you're a straight up cannibal. You could have any kind of killing role. You could even have tracked MOWE and claimed you sent in a kill as you'd know the doc would claim.
This game is a game of chess, You are the King. Im a pawn, waiting for allies to put you in checkmate. Everyone else are bishops, a queen, knights, rooks, all the roles who can go from the side or straight forward from long range.
Its entirely up to them to surround you and leave you trapped in your web of lies, or turn tail and kill me, our lowly pawn.
Also, you have seen my quickchats and scum playstyle. I dont care about doctors unless they do something that interferes with my planning. I dont care about them. If I were scum, I would do what I like to do. Kill the most experienced players first. When I have the power to kill as a townie, I take out my top picks. They dont HAVE to be experienced.
I think of DarkStar as a second less a**holish Dariush, hotheaded and agressive play but still bothers to think at times. NQT, If I were scum, I would have killed you because you are very experienced. However, those tables are turned. NQT, you cant fight anymore. Lay down your sword and pass it along, king.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 11, 2014, 04:30:46 pm »

D2 has ended, notquitethere has been lynched. NQT was an Amnesiac and Prince Mafia!

You have lost your memory. You might eventually regain it. You also have the Mafiakill.

TheDarkStar has been modkilled. He was a Day Night Watchman 1-shot Channeler.

You can patrol near a player to learn who targets that player with a day action during the day. You can channel the spirit of a dead player, giving you all of that player's abilities and traits except their win condition. You can only do this action once.

And we have three spots open for round 3.
Sigtext

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 11, 2014, 04:31:54 pm »

I CALLED IT YOU LOT. I CALLED IT.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33