Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: Prince of the Mafia: Back in action  (Read 53873 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: I may be gone, but it still lives on!
« Reply #420 on: June 05, 2014, 08:50:34 pm »

TDS:
I will try not to die. I'll also answer RVS questions.
You won't ask them? Or do any type of scumhunting?

I think that that (and probably answering RVS questions) falls under "try not to die". People become unhappy with you if you don't react to what they say in the way that they want.

Everyone:
Who would you daykill right now if you could (and please don't actually do it  ;))?
What role would you say is most powerful in the hands of the Prince/Princess Mafia?
What roles/abilities should not be claimed in the mass claim, if any (answer for town and then for mafia)?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 05, 2014, 08:53:53 pm »

TDS:
You won't ask them? Or do any type of scumhunting?

I think that that (and probably answering RVS questions) falls under "try not to die". People become unhappy with you if you don't react to what they say in the way that they want.

Everyone:
Who would you daykill right now if you could (and please don't actually do it  ;))?
What role would you say is most powerful in the hands of the Prince/Princess Mafia?
What roles/abilities should not be claimed in the mass claim, if any (answer for town and then for mafia)?

EPWOP: TheWetSheep, why do you jump from me not asking RVS questions to me not scumhunting?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 05, 2014, 09:24:26 pm »

Why do you expect us to have suspects after four posts?

This question doesn't really mean anything when it's the first post of the game, like what TWS said.

Preconceived opinions. Basically, "Who holds your biggest WIFOM?"
What I have learned from the answers:
ToonyMan and NQT are probably the biggest threats, but not the likeliest to be mafia. Sheep is likely mafia or some bizzare role that gains power from votes, TDS is widely ignored, and MOWE is not as strong a player to be hiding scumminess right now.

TDS, so you require a dead player for your ability to work. If you wanted a player dead, who would it be?

Who would I daykill: Griffinpup. For a minor inactivity infraction. I've never had a daykill, but would probably use it at the slightest slight; I'd be giddy with power, honestly, and know I'd turn into a horrible person, mafia or not, if I got too much control and power.
Most powerful role for Prince: Probably something with a form of immunity.
Town should not claim: Oozes? Changeling?
Mafia should not claim: Changeling, immunity to kills, possibly some information roles.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 06, 2014, 08:01:05 am »

Flabort
Not much. Gained some insight into how inactivity is viewed and handled.
Uh huh, so you're goi9ng to be very active in this game then?

If you were the prince mafia, who would your biggest target be right now? If you were town, who would your biggest suspect be right now?
Prince usually kills the most competent player or the one that's claimed the most dangerous role. At the moment then, I'd kill Toony for his experience or DarkStar for his possible ability to channel something dangerous. How about yourself?

TWS
I don't know, what do you think?
Either you have a power linked to being voted (unlikely from my examination of the role list) or, more likely, you're just trying to get a rise out of people. Bold, risky. I like it. Did it have its intended consequence?

Probably role powers, but scumhunting never hurts.
Funny you should say scumhunting never hurts when your first posts consisted just of a vote on yourself and answering other peoples questions.

MOWE
Hmm... not really. I know how you play because I've played a few games with you. I've played with TDS a bit, but I don't really know him. And everyone else, I have no clue.
Well, at least you know you don't know. Whats your opinion now of Sheep's play?

Toony
An inspect. Killing is all and good only if there's like one vigilante. What if the majority of players are killers? At the first night they'd probably kill someone with your logic because they are unaware a lot more kills would also be happening.
Well, that's why I think lots of deaths early on are good, then a mass claim and then night plan and then town-victory through mutually arranged destruction.

Why are you responding like someone who works by himself?
You asked me specifically what power. In truth, town doesn't generally win in this game mode from just one power but rather (as well as scum-hunting etc.) a harmonious combination of intersecting powers. Do you disagree?

DarkStar
What do you mean?
I mean, how I called out a scum inspect on a player and you still insisted on lynching someone else. You going to pull that sort of move again?

I'm still waiting, Griff.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 06, 2014, 08:24:41 am »

TDS:
EPWOP: TheWetSheep, why do you jump from me not asking RVS questions to me not scumhunting?
Well, in that post you hadn't done either.

Flabort:
Preconceived opinions. Basically, "Who holds your biggest WIFOM?"
Then you used some really interesting wording:
If you were town, who would your biggest suspect be right now?
Looks like you're covering up. How can you suspect somebody who hasn't posted yet?

ToonyMan and NQT are probably the biggest threats, but not the likeliest to be mafia.
Why?
Sheep is likely mafia or some bizzare role that gains power from votes,
Have you found any roles like that on the list? And what makes me mafia?
MOWE is not as strong a player to be hiding scumminess right now.
Really?

TWS
Either you have a power linked to being voted (unlikely from my examination of the role list) or, more likely, you're just trying to get a rise out of people. Bold, risky. I like it. Did it have its intended consequence?
Yeah, I think it's getting us out of RVS faster.

Probably role powers, but scumhunting never hurts.
Funny you should say scumhunting never hurts when your first posts consisted just of a vote on yourself and answering other peoples questions.
Reaction-fishing doesn't work if you immediately tell people what you're doing.
I was waiting for more reactions. And this:
could be considered scumhunting, especially since we were still in early RVS.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 06, 2014, 11:02:47 am »

@TheDarkStar:
What would you be afraid of dying from most? For example, being lynched, being killed during the night, poisoned...

PPE: Toony, remember KotM 4 when everyone got a daykill and how silly it became :)?
Yes. Yes I do.

Everyone:
No.
Actions like poison and daykill that allow mafia to break lylo are quite powerful.
As someone mentioned, oozes probably have a prejudice thanks to how often they turn out to be King Mafia so claiming that could get pretty funky. Mafia shouldn't their extra kills or protections, only actions that can "confirm" them. Town should try to claim everything if it comes to that point I think.

@TheWetSheep:
Toony:
@TheWetSheep:
Sheep
Voting yourself is dumb. Voting yourself to catch scum is dumber. What do you expect to accomplish with this besides tricking newbie town?
Catch scum? It's to start conversation. It's worked better than a bunch of hypotheticals so far.
I think my past self would have agreed, however there's an unmistakable heat you attract by acting outlandish like that. I would say that a town player or scum player are just as likely to find your actions suspicious.

Do you think your vote on a lurker is going to get them to respond faster?
Nope.

@Notquitethere:
Toony
An inspect. Killing is all and good only if there's like one vigilante. What if the majority of players are killers? At the first night they'd probably kill someone with your logic because they are unaware a lot more kills would also be happening.
Well, that's why I think lots of deaths early on are good, then a mass claim and then night plan and then town-victory through mutually arranged destruction.
Why are you responding like someone who works by himself?
You asked me specifically what power. In truth, town doesn't generally win in this game mode from just one power but rather (as well as scum-hunting etc.) a harmonious combination of intersecting powers. Do you disagree?
No, I agree. It's unlikely that every player would be a cop or killer so your scenario is more likely.

That is, instead of everybody getting inspected during the first night and the Prince Mafia being outed quickly, there's going to be a bit of disorder. This is because everyone knows they have a chance of being the mafia, so if they chose cop they could make their mafia game much harder because an inspect is useless. A mafia player could easily lie about getting inspect results, unless the town get lucky with having a miller or something silly.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 06, 2014, 11:24:23 am »

TDS:
Everyone:
1. Who would you daykill right now if you could (and please don't actually do it  ;))?
2. What role would you say is most powerful in the hands of the Prince/Princess Mafia?
3. What roles/abilities should not be claimed in the mass claim, if any (answer for town and then for mafia)?
1. I wouldn't kill anyone since I don't want to kil town and have no idea who the Prince might be.
2. A role that prevents inspection. There are many town roles that also do this and there are many explanations.
3. Town probably shouldn't claim roles that could be useful to mafia, such as kills and one of the buddy/twin roles. I don't think the Prince should claim their roles unless they are roles that could also be used by town.

NQT:
MOWE
Hmm... not really. I know how you play because I've played a few games with you. I've played with TDS a bit, but I don't really know him. And everyone else, I have no clue.
Well, at least you know you don't know. Whats your opinion now of Sheep's play?
He seems to be moving fairly quickly and aggressively. He calmly handled my accusations... I like his play. He's seeming pretty town to me. I don't really know what you're expecting in my answer.

Flabort:
I'm confused as to what you're trying to say here. Am I not strong enough to be a good scum player and thus I would be radiating scumminess if I were scum? How did you arrive at this conclusion?   
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 06, 2014, 12:40:29 pm »

Griffinpup hasn't been on since June 4th, so if he doesn't post by the end of the day (which is in 3 hours), I'm modkilling him and replacing him with Imperial Guardsman.

Votecount:
1. Griffinpup (1)- NQT
2. TheDarkStar (1)- Toonyman
3. Flabort (1)- TheWetSheep
4. TheWetSheep (1)- MOWE
5. Notquitethere (0)
6. Toonyman (0)
7. MyOwnWorstEnemy (0)-

The day will end Friday, June 6 at 5:00PM EST
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 06, 2014, 04:01:02 pm »

Day 1 has ended in a tie. No one was lynched. Please send in your night actions.

Griffinpup has been modkilled. He was an Azwolg.

The first night you will automatically kill NQT
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:03:25 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 09, 2014, 04:30:49 pm »

I forgot to note that at the end of Day 1 Imperial Guardsman is now in Griffinpup's slot with the same alignment but a different role.

Day 2 dawns with the discovery of a corpse. The corpse was the body of Toonyman, a simple townsperson who died in the night. It appears he was a Police Chief Reflector.

Once during the game, you may receive a list of how many cops are alive and what their sanities are. You can give someone a reflection shield. Any other actions targeting that player will be reflected back.

Day 2 will end Wednesday, June 11th at 5:30 PM EST.

Votecount:
1. Imperial Guardsman (0)-
2. TheDarkStar (0)-
3. Flabort (0)-
4. TheWetSheep (0)-
5. Notquitethere (0)
6. MyOwnWorstEnemy (0)-
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 09, 2014, 04:54:58 pm »

Ah, unfortunately I didn't learn anything in the night. Maybe one of you has? No matter-- we've only lost one person so we're better off than we might have been if we'd mislynched yesterday.

Everyone - why didn't you  break the tie yesterday? So, my excuse is that I wasn't about to post at the end of day. I'm not sure MOWE and Flabort have that excuse.

Anyone who wants me to answer any outstanding questions from yesterday, ask again if you still think they're relevant.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 09, 2014, 04:58:12 pm »

Well gee what a surprise.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 09, 2014, 05:05:37 pm »

I was going to post this during the day yesterday, but night fell as I was writing it. So it may be outdated now. Everything beyond this point  is late in saying it.
ToonyMan and NQT are probably the biggest threats, but not the likeliest to be mafia.
Why?
Sheep is likely mafia or some bizarre role that gains power from votes,
Have you found any roles like that on the list? And what makes me mafia?
Really?

Because everyone, if they were the PM, would try to take out TM and NQT. That's why they're the biggest threats; the most likely to win as either mafia this round or the next. I say they are not the likeliest to be mafia because nobody suspects them; by gut feeling or the limited discussion so far.
As for vote base powers, you might be a Mad Gunman, trying not to kill town. Or a day-Orange Goo. Several different power modifiers could interact with vote-based powers in interesting ways. Or maybe you come back to life if you are lynched (4 or so roles with that), AND kill a lyncher, so are trying to get lynched. You are likely mafia from the way others responded to my question in response to your vote.
Nobody considers MOWE a threat to mafia. I haven't played with MOWE much, or anyone here enough to know them. But from what I gather, he/she would not be as good at hiding mafianess then NQT or TDS.

Flabort
Not much. Gained some insight into how inactivity is viewed and handled.
Uh huh, so you're goi9ng to be very active in this game then?

If you were the prince mafia, who would your biggest target be right now? If you were town, who would your biggest suspect be right now?
Prince usually kills the most competent player or the one that's claimed the most dangerous role. At the moment then, I'd kill Toony for his experience or DarkStar for his possible ability to channel something dangerous. How about yourself?

Yes, I will try to be very, very active. As active as work and unscheduled family activities will allow; I hate it when my family springs those on me. But I went back on "On Call/Lay off" as my managers called it now, so I will have little excuse to be inactive.
As for myself, if I were Prince, I'd be targeting NQT or Tiruin, because I know them better than some other players here, and consider them OK or great players.

Flabort:
I'm confused as to what you're trying to say here. Am I not strong enough to be a good scum player and thus I would be radiating scumminess if I were scum? How did you arrive at this conclusion?   
As far as I've seen, without getting game specific, and from other player's reactions to my prior question, if you were scum in this game, it WOULD be more obvious. Are you upset that I can't detect a trace of scummitude from you?
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 09, 2014, 05:20:22 pm »

New post now. New words, in response to tonight's actions that I know of, and NQT's questions.
Why I didn't break the tie:
Because I ran out of time to analyze the situation, and everybody was accusing me of asking a dumb question.

I WANT TO ROLECLAIM.
I am a purple goo. If you target me, you will be a purple goo and I will be you.
I used to be... a MUP confused 50% PGO. If you targeted me, you had a 50% chance of dying; if I targeted you, I did something random to you.
TheWetSheep is town. Which confirms that you do not have a vote-based action. However, TWS is also a MUP confused 50% PGO.
The Cyan Menace

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 09, 2014, 05:21:59 pm »

Sorry about this - I'm asking for replacement/modkillment because I will be gone for a month or two.

Imperial Guardsman
TheDarkStar
Flabort
TheWetSheep
Notquitethere
MyOwnWorstEnemy

Unvote

for activity votes.

Also, I am a Day Night Watchman 1-shot Channeler - I can see what happens to someone during the day, and I can use Channeler once.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33