Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: Prince of the Mafia: Back in action  (Read 53836 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: Round 4: Day 5: new mod!
« Reply #315 on: May 16, 2014, 11:58:46 am »

Final question, do people know who their BUDDY1 is?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 16, 2014, 12:02:48 pm »

Yes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2014, 02:47:19 pm »

I find it unfair and somehow biased that people who do pick Goo-roles are the MK. :V
This is shockingly true. I don't know how this goo-power works, but three out of four of the KMs in KotM4 were goos.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 16, 2014, 03:19:19 pm »

I find it unfair and somehow biased that people who do pick Goo-roles are the MK. :V
This is shockingly true. I don't know how this goo-power works, but three out of four of the KMs in KotM4 were goos.
I think its mainly because Goo powers all involve spreading the goo role to other people.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 16, 2014, 04:08:20 pm »

One day, you got a notice you had to compete in the Princeling games. The goal was simple, find and kill the prince, and you could go home. Failure meant death. Failure to play meant death. So you had to play. And play you did.

Round 6 of Prince of the Mafia has begun!

D1 has begun. Everyone should have their role/alignment PMed to them. D1 will end Tuesday, May 20th at 5:00 PM EST

Good luck and please be active.

Votecount:
1. Tiruin (0)-
2. The Soldier (0)-
3. Toaster (0)-
4. NQT (0)-
5. TheDarkStar (0)-
6. Griffinpup (0)-
7. Solymr (0)-

4 votes required to hammer.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:21:42 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 16, 2014, 05:18:45 pm »

Day first? OK

Tiruin:  What have you learned that's important in this game?
The Soldier:  What's the most important scumtell?
Toaster: Do you prefer investigates or NKs, and why?
NQT:  Do you think that we've found any roles yet that are game-breaking?
TheDarkStar:  How do you normally go about playing a mafia game?
Solymr: How is it that you never got targeted, at all, ever?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 16, 2014, 05:56:47 pm »

Heyo guys.

Due to some life things, I will be unable to keep up with updating the OP. My apologies. I hope to be back to it in somewhere like ten months, if at all. So unfortunately, I'm going to have to say goodbye to all of you in general, at least for the time being. I may post in here occasionally, but nothing along the lines of what I have in the past, and I canmt participate in any games.

I'm sorry guys.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 16, 2014, 06:11:33 pm »

griffinpup:

The most important scumtell in my view is intentional misrepresentation of facts; there's no good reason for anyone to do this if they didn't have an ulterior motive.

In your opinion, what's the best base role not on the nerf list?

NQT:

What would you say the biggest difference in ideal play between this format and normal games of mafia is? What should town do differently to win?

Solymr:

Congrats on the win. What would you say the most useful goo is, from a town perspective?

Now, I need to reread the past rounds and previous KotMs.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 16, 2014, 06:16:27 pm »

In your opinion, what's the best base role not on the nerf list?
Hahaha a Voteless Vanilla townie, because it is the least threatening character in the game.  I almost achieved this perfect role last game.  I was close.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 16, 2014, 07:34:26 pm »

Griffinpup:
Toaster: Do you prefer investigates or NKs, and why?

An NK can be investigative, used smartly.  That said, in this format it can make rounds dangerously short.  I'll take the cop.

Would you rather have a block or a protect?

Soldier:  Do you think games rounds prior to KotM4 will provide you any useful player meta, or just insight into how the gametype works?

NQT:  Are you going to rolefish since this is a day start?

Tiruin:  If you were an Azwolg, would you claim that D1?  If not, D2?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 16, 2014, 10:40:59 pm »

By dying.

Really, I tend to do less day 1, and then compare the lynch and night results of day 1 with what is said to find scum. Later, it tends to come down to power roles.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 16, 2014, 10:47:32 pm »

By dying.

Really, I tend to do less day 1, and then compare the lynch and night results of day 1 with what is said to find scum. Later, it tends to come down to power roles.
*pat pat* :<
You do as much as many other people in D1...really. Don't let that bias of previous experience (ie You dying past D1 :V) influence you in a bad way. You play really good, and are a nice player to play with. :/

Tiruin:  If you were an Azwolg, would you claim that D1?  If not, D2?
Regardless of alignment? D2 :D
Though I'd first question why I'm picking Azwolg in D1 mostly other than most likely to kill a Townie, and if hilariously I'm paired with the KM...well.
Not D1 due to the hilarity of suspicion on future bias [or any related scenarios]

Tiruin:  What have you learned that's important in this game?
Stepping on goo is a good thing if it kills them. :I

But really? A...ton. Mostly about learning about fellow players. How I should work my cognitive process--judging and treating others...
A lot of important things. Mostly sentimental or...not tangible things. Really helps me as a player and helped me grow better from a narrow viewpoint. :/

Mm...I believe it must be the realization on good player play. When I'm with good players, the fun is being with them more than the play itself. As in, the people.

Oh goodness this is the hardest question I've ever faced.

PFP maybe posting on Sunday

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2014, 05:42:01 pm »

D1 will end Tuesday, May 20th at 5:00 PM EST

Good luck and please be active.

Votecount:
1. Tiruin (0)-
2. The Soldier (0)-
3. Toaster (0)-
4. NQT (1)- The Soldier
5. TheDarkStar (0)-
6. Griffinpup (0)-
7. Solymr (0)-

4 votes required to hammer.
Sigtext

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 17, 2014, 08:07:43 pm »

Would you rather have a block or a protect?
Block.  It allows you to zone someone you're suspicious of, which I prefer, because my scum reads are usually more right then my town reads, if that makes sense.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2014, 04:04:33 pm »

Don't all talk at once.

Tiruin:  Would you daykill someone for chronic inactivity?

Griffinpup:  If you had an inspect, and going into the night you suspected one person 95% and a second 50%, which would you inspect?

The Soldier:  Are you playing?  I asked you a question already and you haven't answered.

Solymr:  How do you pronounce your name?  If you were blocked in the night, would you claim it?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33