Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: Prince of the Mafia: Back in action  (Read 53935 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: Round 3: Night 3: new mod!
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2014, 09:51:52 am »

Flabort:
Flabort:  Why address everyone but me?  Why are you fishing for investigators?
1) I forgot to count how many players, and how many questions I was asking. Why are you listed twice in the Not Voting category? Do you have a double vote?
2) In small games investigations gain even more power and are more likely to be town. This makes them better leaders. I accidentally spent some time reading the EpicMafia wiki today, comparing it to the MafiaScum wiki, so I'm trying to blend strategies.

1.  So you wanted to address everyone, but just slipped up?   See below response to Solymr for answer.
2.  In most cases, this is true.  In this case, however, any role is as likely as any other to be mafia.  Further, in any case, claimed investigators are easier for scum to deal with and neutralize.

Solymr:
Toaster: I'm confused, isn't the godfather a scum only role? Anyways, eliminating someone with a proscum role like that I would always agree to.

Not in this format.  It's important to remember that all roles are alignment agnostic- godfathers can be town and millers can be scum.

Toaster stole Persus' vote during the night.
I know this because Toaster tried to steal my vote before.

Both of these statements are true.  Did it explicitly tell you it was me or did you just conclude that?

In any case, I can conclude (at least part of) your role.

IG:  You can still hunt scum, though; there's absolutely no reason for you to not do so.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: Round 4: Day 4: new mod!
« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2014, 10:03:49 am »

It didn't say your name, I deduced it from the available votes.
Also even if godfathers can be town, their presence puts doubt on an investigator's result. If the godfather's lynched and it flips scum, great, if not, then we can know the results are good (except if there are more godfathers/millers).

Persus: what are you going to do now that you can't vote?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 09, 2014, 11:46:27 am »

Flabort: my role is pure sit back and enjoy.
Why are you voting the confirmed cop though?
So mostly passive. This could be trouble if you turn out to be prince later.
Previously from RVS, and didn't know he'd claimed cop the previous day. Then because I didn't see his answer until morning. Now because I am UNVOTEing right now.
IG: Have you claimed your role (as you have indicated)? If so, what did you say it was?
Nonvoter Devils Advocate with a Conscience. I have an inspect that gains alignment and role, I cannot vote, and I have a daykill with a 50 percent chance of failure.
Imperial Guardsman Shouldn't you have been guarding your king? What do you think of the likelihood a surviving player from the previous round is prince?
Its likely as HELL.
The way I saw it there was a 2/7 chance of it NOT being a surviving player, as there were 2 players joining to refill the ranks, and the picking happens AFTER the refilling. I know it's not me, so it's really 1/6, and therefor what he says is true. BUT. Doesn't mean he's trustworthy yet, and he DOES have that daykill.

OK, new target... Solymer's already got votes on him, but Did anything happen to you at night in the previous round?
And IG was just my target, so... [1d5:3]NotQuiteThere, in addition to my previous question, Same question as Solymer here?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2014, 11:47:15 am »

Dammit, forgot to red text that.
NQT, still because of pseudoRVS.
The Cyan Menace

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2014, 11:56:42 am »

flabort: I didn't even get a PM since Toaster tried to steal mah vote.
I see your response to IG a whole load of nothing. Are you trying to pass yourself as town by writing a lot of stuff that doesn't have a real meaning and sticking the phrase "I know it's not me" in there?

NQT: are you satisfied with my answer? I know you're there, stop lurking.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2014, 12:19:25 pm »

No... I'm just waking up.
What I was saying is, OK, that's true, it is likely.
But it doesn't mean you're not the scum, just that I trust you for now.
The Cyan Menace

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2014, 03:37:44 pm »

Damn it Toaster. Now I can only influence discussion through the power of eloquent speeches.

It didn't say your name, I deduced it from the available votes.
Also even if godfathers can be town, their presence puts doubt on an investigator's result. If the godfather's lynched and it flips scum, great, if not, then we can know the results are good (except if there are more godfathers/millers).

Persus: what are you going to do now that you can't vote?
I'll still behave as if I had a vote, but I'll use it as FOS. And I'll still make cases, and ask questions.

Persus13 I keep thinking there's a second E in your name. Initial gut feelings on everyone?
I get that a lot. I'm suspicious of everyone right now, especially you, Toaster, and Imperial. You seem like you'd be good scum, Toaster I know is good at scum, and Imperial may be Town MVP, but he'll be prince sooner or later.

No... I'm just waking up.
What I was saying is, OK, that's true, it is likely.
But it doesn't mean you're not the scum, just that I trust you for now.
Yeah, but analysis of probability doesn't really get you anywhere. It doesn't narrow down suspicions or anything else so it is kind of pointless.

flabort: I didn't even get a PM since Toaster tried to steal mah vote.
I see your response to IG a whole load of nothing. Are you trying to pass yourself as town by writing a lot of stuff that doesn't have a real meaning and sticking the phrase "I know it's not me" in there?
While I do agree with you the whole IG response is pointless, I don't get your point about the passing of as town. What else would he do? if he's actually town, he'd say that because he's true, and if he wasn't, he would say it because it's what he wants us to believe. SO why does that matter so much to you?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: Round 3: Night 3: new mod!
« Reply #187 on: May 09, 2014, 03:44:38 pm »

IG:  You can still hunt scum, though; there's absolutely no reason for you to not do so.
Yes.
And IG was just my target, so...
*IG Suddenly pulls out a crossbow in the middle of the meeting and aims at at flabort!*
Target of what, exactly, flabort the kingslayer?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2014, 03:58:27 pm »

Flabort
OK, new target... Solymer's already got votes on him, but Did anything happen to you at night in the previous round?
And IG was just my target, so... [1d5:3]NotQuiteThere, in addition to my previous question, Same question as Solymer here?
No. I don't believe anything happened to me last night.

NQT This game appears to partially be a persistent RVS. Would you agree?
If you're still acting like it's RVS in another day's time then we'll have a problem.

Persus if you don't have a vote then how are you going to help us win come LYLO?

TDS
NQT: Should killing roles be claimed day 1? What about protection roles?
There are no iron tight rules for when we should claim. In general town should conceal so long as concealing is still in the interests of the town.

Toaster
Considering she was an OVEREAGER vig, shooting hard-to-read players blind is a good play.  If you had that role, would you pick a target or let it fire randomly?
I'd have picked a target definitely. Do you think non-overeager vigilantes should shoot blind?

Solymr
Now let's make some things clearer:
TDS is most likely a double voter.
Why do you think that about TDS? Toaster is appearing twice in the vote counts but not TDS.

IG You do know that former princes can be princes again, right?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2014, 03:59:08 pm »

No.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2014, 04:05:16 pm »

Persus: it's this thing called scumhunting. Writing so much stuff to say nothing is very much like active lurking, it doesn't provide useful information. I call him on that and see how he reacts.

NQT: why don't you count the votes at the start of the round carefully?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2014, 04:22:19 pm »

IG
No.
Ask Sheep if you don't believe me. Why else would they rejointhe game if not for a chance to be prince again?

Soly Ooh, good point.

Toaster and TDS, please explain your double voting.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2014, 04:57:22 pm »

Toaster and TDS, please explain your double voting.

I can double vote. What else is there to say, NQT?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 09, 2014, 05:05:55 pm »

Persus if you don't have a vote then how are you going to help us win come LYLO?
Maybe if you had bothered to read the thread more carefully, you'd see that Toaster stole my vote. You even quoted the post where Solymr explained it.

Now let's make some things clearer:
TDS is most likely a double voter.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2014, 05:06:22 pm »

No.
[/quote]Ask Sheep if you don't believe me. Why else would they rejointhe game if not for a chance to be prince again?
[/quote]
No, as in, I didn't know.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33