Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: Prince of the Mafia: Back in action  (Read 53849 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: Endless King of the Mafia! Round 1: Day 1
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2014, 07:11:44 am »

O_o

Well this escalated quickly.

PFP -playing in brevity
Solymr
Tiruin: what is your opinion on random votes?
I don't like them and no.
Why do you ask me this.

TDS
Tiruin: Do you think it ever makes sense to pick a protective role for this?
Yes.
Why do you ask?

NQT
I for one do not believe in honest work, and that's why I'm a loyal boardmember, parasitic on the labours of the plebs that create value for our esteemed company. We can't let this sort of hyperviolent tomfoolery to continue: THINK OF THE STOCK PRICES!!!

Ok here's the drill: our aim is to create chains of confirmable town players until the Prince Mafia has nowhere left to hide. Reread the last King game if you doubt the efficacy of this approach.  I don't have anything useful yet, but if I learn anything that will further the town's chances of catching scum, I'll share it.[...]
Tiruin ~ Do you see yourself taking the same approach to playing in this game?
Depends on what approach you saw me take before :v
So yes.

What approach did you see me take?

Toaster

How does it feel to be King? Also, what's your reflection on the last KotM?
Also why are you vying for being a prince when you're already a King? :I That's against royal position, sir.

Unvote

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2014, 07:17:20 am »

Solymr
NQT: there's not much info but I'm certain I got changed with someone. Also: did you feel anything by IG targeting you?
Interesting. No, I got no indication that I was targeted.

IG
You're saying you've got a Kill, and Inspect and you're a non-voter. So you've got a very powerful role that Wolf nerfed? And you'd vote me just for FOS'ing you? And you say your job isn't to find scum and yet you claim you have an inspect power. Uh... this isn't adding up.

Tiruin, you played quite passively before, afraid to use your vote. I see that this hasn't changed. Did you learn anything in the night? What do you think of IG's claims?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2014, 07:19:58 am »

Tiruin, you played quite passively before, afraid to use your vote. I see that this hasn't changed. Did you learn anything in the night? What do you think of IG's claims?
So you've returned to subtle passive insults, huh.
I've detailed my playstyle before--and it ain't passive NOR does it go with being "afraaaaid" to use my vote, mister.
I learned that sleep is good for you. You can already tell what I did last night by that line. Meaning: No. :I
I think IG is being IG, and I see sincerity within him there, leading to my lack of question towards him.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2014, 07:21:23 am »

So we're claiming now?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2014, 07:23:54 am »

Also if IG's role got nerfed with nonvoter we don't know if his inspect is reliable.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2014, 07:48:46 am »

Solymr:
Toasty: did you really have a startegy last game or you just waited for everyone to daykill everyone like it eventually happened?

I had to adapt to the very radically changed setup once everyone could daykill.  I spent quite a bit of time deciding the best course of action (shoot vs not shoot D1, lynch vs no lynch D1, kill vs no kill N1, etc.)  I did eventually reach that conclusion, since it turns out people turn very hotheaded when they get daykills.

So we're claiming now?

No.  NQT is fishing and IG loves claiming.  I bet that's why NQT asked that question of IG specifically, too.

NQT:
Toast
Toaster~ do you see yourself pursuing the same strategy as before?
It worked, didn't it?
All too well. Have you picked a pro-scum role?

Nope.  What's with all the rolefishing?  See also:

Imperial Guardsman ~ Did you target anyone last night?

and

Why me? Did you learn anything?

In fact, that's quite a lot.  Why are you rolefishing, NQT?

Tiruin:
How does it feel to be King? Also, what's your reflection on the last KotM?
Also why are you vying for being a prince when you're already a King? :I That's against royal position, sir.

It is good to be the King.

People go nuts when they are given too much power, and that Network Robot plus day actions makes for exciting, if short, games.  And I agree with you that I'd like to see Makeinu's reaction to that round.  I imagine there would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Someone has to keep you young'uns in line!

vote
vote
vote
vote
unvote

This vexes me greatly.  Why, Tiruin?  Why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2014, 08:00:14 am »

vote
vote
vote
vote
unvote

This vexes me greatly.  Why, Tiruin?  Why?
*points at OP*
The anti-lurk system still exists. It's not that it exists is why I'm doing that, but the mechanics of it still exist. :I
I'm poking at the title of that system and connecting its mechanics. They don't necessarily mean anti-lurking...
Also, vexes you?

...What did you think about that as a first impression?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2014, 08:49:23 am »

Everyone
IG has confirmed me as town. Has anyone done anything that would mess with that? Any redirects or buses or anything?

IG Do you have reason to believe that your inspect is reliable? Also, can you put a vote on someone so we can verify your claim to be a non-voter?

Solymr
So we're claiming now?
I think we should only ever claim as much information is necessary to bag scum, so in most cases that won't mean full-claiming.

Also if IG's role got nerfed with nonvoter we don't know if his inspect is reliable.
Check the OP: there's no non-sane roles in this game.

Tiruin
I've detailed my playstyle before--and it ain't passive NOR does it go with being "afraaaaid" to use my vote, mister.
It wasn't meant as an insult: you just weren't very effective last game. I know you can be a good player, I'd like to see it. I'm sorry for offending you.

I think IG is being IG, and I see sincerity within him there, leading to my lack of question towards him.
Uh huh, so you believe his claims?

Toaster
Quote from: Toaster link=topic=138215.msg5238770#msg5238770
Nope.  What's with all the rolefishing?
Quote from: Toaster link=topic=138215.msg5238770#msg5238770
In fact, that's quite a lot.  Why are you rolefishing, NQT?
IG claimed he targeted me, naturally I wanted him to clarify. My so-called 'rolefishing' stopped Sheep from winning in the last game. It helps to know enough roles or parts of roles to sensible act at night.

Also, you're voting me and yet IG claimed a town inspect on me: what's your explanation for that?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2014, 08:58:57 am »

Oh that's great. Which means Toaster is voting a confirmed town if IG isn't lying. And if Toaster thought IG was lying why not vote him?

IG: why did you claim such power roles this early?

Tiruin: how are you so sure about IG's sincerity? Seeing sincerity in him is a bad reason.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2014, 09:05:21 am »

Tiruin:

In terms of scummitude?  Not much, really, since that's a move that does not surprise me coming from you, metawise.  It still vexes me, but there's not much to do except say so.

NQT:
IG has confirmed me as town.

No he hasn't.

IG claimed he targeted me, naturally I wanted him to clarify.

See, this is bullshit.  You asked him if he took a night action [IE fished to see if he had an active ability] before he said anything at all.  You started the fishing, and you're lying to make yourself look innocent.

My so-called 'rolefishing' stopped Sheep from winning in the last game.

Irrelevant.

Also, you're voting me and yet IG claimed a town inspect on me: what's your explanation for that?

Right now because you're rolefishing, lying, and trying to bullshit me.

Solymr:
Oh that's great. Which means Toaster is voting a confirmed town if IG isn't lying. And if Toaster thought IG was lying why not vote him?

NQT is not confirmed, even assuming IG is town.  We have a claim of a town inspect on him.  He could be a godfather, IG could have been redirected somehow, etc etc.  But that does raise a good point.

IG:  Does your result explicitly say you targeted NQT?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2014, 09:26:53 am »

Toaster
See, this is bullshit.  You asked him if he took a night action [IE fished to see if he had an active ability] before he said anything at all.  You started the fishing, and you're lying to make yourself look innocent.
I freely admit that I asked him implictly whether he has a night ability. That's an acceptable level of fishing for town in my book. When he claimed the inspect, I followed up with more direct questions. Would you have dropped the issue at that point if you were me?

My so-called 'rolefishing' stopped Sheep from winning in the last game.
Irrelevant.
How so? The rules are the same. This is the same set up. Some light fishing is very pro-town in the set-up. You're just knee-jerk throwing around stale ideas of scum-tells.

Right now because you're rolefishing, lying, and trying to bullshit me.
Where did I lie? Am I trying to deceive you?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2014, 09:52:04 am »

Tiruin: how are you so sure about IG's sincerity? Seeing sincerity in him is a bad reason.
I fail to see any malevolence by him claiming early, nor do I see it as a tactical slip or tacit subtlety on his side, is what I mean by sincerity.

Though on his part, it is quiestionable why he'd claim such at an early date. It's...compromise-able.

TDS

Tiruin
It wasn't meant as an insult: you just weren't very effective last game. I know you can be a good player, I'd like to see it. I'm sorry for offending you.
you just weren't very effective last game
weren't very effective
*nearly hits quit button*
Could you explain?

Are you comparing me with something? With someone?
What is the basis of being effective?
What did I do wrong?
What again?

Everyone
IG has confirmed me as town. Has anyone done anything that would mess with that? Any redirects or buses or anything?
Oh. Yay. You're town. So at least my innate hatred towards you is now sullied.
Great.

Tiruin:

In terms of scummitude?  Not much, really, since that's a move that does not surprise me coming from you, metawise.  It still vexes me, but there's not much to do except say so.
Irritates you?
I'm...I'm doing what you said a loooong time ago in a BM far away, wrong, aren't I? :/

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2014, 09:55:40 am »

Uhhh Tiruin you realized that you votes fot TDS but referred to NQT?

Toaster: didn't TDS' questions strike you as rolefishing?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2014, 09:56:56 am »

Uhhh Tiruin you realized that you votes fot TDS but referred to NQT?
Why yes. Yes I did.
Hence why it is formatted between horizontal rules.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2014, 09:58:34 am »

Oh. I only see one horizontal rule between you addressing my question and the vote, but when I quote your post I see both rules :I
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33