Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: Prince of the Mafia: Back in action  (Read 53780 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: I may be gone, but it still lives on!
« Reply #405 on: June 04, 2014, 04:03:28 pm »

Hmmm TheDarkStar what's your plan of action today?

Notquitethere, what action do you think is most useful at night?

TheWetSheep, what action do you think is most useful during the day?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 04, 2014, 04:38:10 pm »

Griffinpup— how are you going to find scum today?

TheDarkStar— faced with a similar day inspection claim like yesterday would you continue to try to lynch someone else?

Flabort— without revealing anything game-specific, has your time as a mod changed your view on playing this game?

TheWetSheep— Role powers or traditional scum hunting: what's going to win town the game?

Toonyman— To be honest, killing is the most definitive kind of inspection and rules out the uncertainty that comes with regular inspections (when you might have been redirected). Not something you want to do when the numbers are lower though. Probably more useful stuff, I'd have to scroll through Xylbot again. What do you reckon?

MyOwnWorstEnemy— Do you have a meta-read on the other players?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 04, 2014, 04:58:40 pm »

Sheep

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 04, 2014, 05:01:33 pm »

Hold the phone, Sheep, what kind of weird shenanigans are you playing at?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 04, 2014, 07:47:17 pm »

Flabort— without revealing anything game-specific, has your time as a mod changed your view on playing this game?

Not much. Gained some insight into how inactivity is viewed and handled.

Everyone
If you were the prince mafia, who would your biggest target be right now? If you were town, who would your biggest suspect be right now?

Sheep
Wazzup with that vote?

TDS, Toaster, Griffinpup
As the surviving players, have you or are you willing to roleclaim?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 04, 2014, 07:48:54 pm »

Can't Edit Rule:
OK, Unvote, toaster DIDN'T survive.
Rereading.
Weren't there three surviving players?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 04, 2014, 08:51:28 pm »

Hold the phone, Sheep, what kind of weird shenanigans are you playing at?
Sheep
Wazzup with that vote?
I don't know, what do you think?

Toony:
TheWetSheep, what action do you think is most useful during the day?
Inspect, because it can't be screwed with and an inspect is the most protown action, besides really weird and nonstandard ones.

NQT:
TheWetSheep— Role powers or traditional scum hunting: what's going to win town the game?
Probably role powers, but scumhunting never hurts.

Flabort:
Everyone
If you were the prince mafia, who would your biggest target be right now? If you were town, who would your biggest suspect be right now?
Toonyman, because he's the most experienced. Why do you expect us to have suspects after four posts?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 04, 2014, 10:23:57 pm »

NQT:
MyOwnWorstEnemy— Do you have a meta-read on the other players?
Hmm... not really. I know how you play because I've played a few games with you. I've played with TDS a bit, but I don't really know him. And everyone else, I have no clue.

flabort:
Everyone
As princess, I would probably target NQT because I know he's a strong player. And he's more familiar with my playstyle than the others in this game are. 

As town, my biggest suspect is Sheep because he voted himself. Especially since he seems to be dodging questions pertaining to this.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 05, 2014, 08:00:54 am »

MOWE:
As town, my biggest suspect is Sheep because he voted himself. Especially since he seems to be dodging questions pertaining to this.
1. Why does voting myself make me mafia?
2. Why aren't you voting me?
3. Why the "as town" bit?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 05, 2014, 08:48:19 am »

Sheep
MOWE:
1. Why does voting myself make me mafia?
2. Why aren't you voting me?
3. Why the "as town" bit?
1. You are the most suspicious person in the short time we've been playing. I took the question to mean "suspicious" instead of just "scummy" at this point. And I'm more suspicious of you because you're dodging questions about your reasonings. Note the "especially" in my reasoning.

2. I am now! I assumed the voting of yourself might also be something to do with your role, but now you're twisting things around. (see 3)

3. That was me seperating the question. I was asked about two scenarios: as princess and as town. I said "As princess, x" and "As town, x." to clearly mark which answer belonged to which part of the question. I just try to make things obvious to prevent confusion and make things easier for future read throughs. This is scummy how?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 05, 2014, 09:28:13 am »

Votecount:
1. Griffinpup (1)- NQT
2. TheDarkStar (1)- Toonyman
3. Flabort (0)
4. TheWetSheep (1)- MOWE
5. Notquitethere (0)
6. Toonyman (0)
7. MyOwnWorstEnemy (1)- TheWetSheep

The day will end Friday, June 6 at 5:00PM EST
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 05, 2014, 11:56:17 am »

@NQT:
Toonyman— To be honest, killing is the most definitive kind of inspection and rules out the uncertainty that comes with regular inspections (when you might have been redirected). Not something you want to do when the numbers are lower though. Probably more useful stuff, I'd have to scroll through Xylbot again. What do you reckon?
An inspect. Killing is all and good only if there's like one vigilante. What if the majority of players are killers? At the first night they'd probably kill someone with your logic because they are unaware a lot more kills would also be happening.

Why are you responding like someone who works by himself?

@TheWetSheep:
Sheep
Voting yourself is dumb. Voting yourself to catch scum is dumber. What do you expect to accomplish with this besides tricking newbie town?

@Flabort:
Everyone
This question doesn't really mean anything when it's the first post of the game, like what TWS said.

To rephrase, my biggest concerns would probably be if NQT is mafia since he's fairly good at leading the town!

@Griffinpup, TheDarkStar:
King games are really short! Post something today!!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 05, 2014, 12:06:09 pm »

Everyone

TDS, Toaster, Griffinpup
As the surviving players, have you or are you willing to roleclaim?

At this point, I'd probably kill someone at random since I have almost nothing to go on. I have no suspects right now, since this just started.

I've claimed: I have a one-use channel.

TheDarkStar— faced with a similar day inspection claim like yesterday would you continue to try to lynch someone else?

What do you mean?

Hmmm TheDarkStar what's your plan of action today?

I will try not to die. I'll also answer RVS questions.

PPE: Toony, remember KotM 4 when everyone got a daykill and how silly it became :)?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 05, 2014, 05:45:09 pm »

MOWE:
1. You are the most suspicious person in the short time we've been playing. I took the question to mean "suspicious" instead of just "scummy" at this point. And I'm more suspicious of you because you're dodging questions about your reasonings. Note the "especially" in my reasoning.
What's the difference between "suspicious" and "scummy"?

Reaction-fishing doesn't work if you immediately tell people what you're doing. I didn't have the results I wanted yet, so I left a vague question-answer. You must have a pretty low opinion of me if you think that was an accidental slip.

Why is it more likely that a mafia would do that than a town? When you're looking for suspects, ask that question instead of comparing their actions to a list of scumtells. Right now you're being lazy and going for an easy target.

2. I am now! I assumed the voting of yourself might also be something to do with your role, but now you're twisting things around. (see 3)
Yes, but why didn't you use your vote in that post if I was suspicious? You weren't voting anyone else.

3. That was me seperating the question. I was asked about two scenarios: as princess and as town. I said "As princess, x" and "As town, x." to clearly mark which answer belonged to which part of the question. I just try to make things obvious to prevent confusion and make things easier for future read throughs. This is scummy how?
It makes you look like you're thinking from the perspective of non-town, but it's just semantics anyway. Just something to press you on.

Toony:
@TheWetSheep:
Sheep
Voting yourself is dumb. Voting yourself to catch scum is dumber. What do you expect to accomplish with this besides tricking newbie town?
Catch scum? It's to start conversation. It's worked better than a bunch of hypotheticals so far.

Do you think your vote on a lurker is going to get them to respond faster?

TDS:
I will try not to die. I'll also answer RVS questions.
You won't ask them? Or do any type of scumhunting?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 05, 2014, 08:38:18 pm »

Sheep:
MOWE:
1. What's the difference between "suspicious" and "scummy"?

2. Reaction-fishing doesn't work if you immediately tell people what you're doing. I didn't have the results I wanted yet, so I left a vague question-answer. You must have a pretty low opinion of me if you think that was an accidental slip.

3. Why is it more likely that a mafia would do that than a town? When you're looking for suspects, ask that question instead of comparing their actions to a list of scumtells. Right now you're being lazy and going for an easy target.
1. "Suspicious" can be something along the lines of "something funny is going on here." It could mean anything. Suspicious = fishy in my mind. "Scummy" implies scum. Suspicious implies a great many things. Perhaps it's something to do with your role.

2. I don't know you and thus have no opinion of you. I don't think it was an accidental slip. Votes are never accidental. I didn't know reaction-fishing was a tactic.

3. This... seems like a much better thing to be thinking of. I'm not being lazy. I'm just saying what I think. This is RVS. I don't have much to go on regardless.

Yes, but why didn't you use your vote in that post if I was suspicious? You weren't voting anyone else.
As said before, you didn't seem scummy to me until it seemed like you were attempting to twist the meanings of my words.

It makes you look like you're thinking from the perspective of non-town, but it's just semantics anyway. Just something to press you on.
Fair enough. Unvote.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33