Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37

Author Topic: Starlight (TSG)  (Read 34771 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight (TSG)
« Reply #450 on: July 14, 2014, 08:45:18 pm »

Ahem, I can shorten this: It's not our character, it's Kevak's character.  :P

Anywho, I do have to agree with ttlove, that wording isn't such much problematic due to being grammatically incorrect, if it even is, as just sounding... Odd. Unnatural. Especially the emphasis on "bad".
Take a closer look at this text!

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 14, 2014, 08:47:29 pm »

(Sorry about missing last night, I had been awake two days and would be in no fit state for GMing. On shipping and shifter screwing around: the first one I'm fine with. The majority of the cast are teenagers, what the hell do you think is going to happen? I'd be actually quite curious to see the shipping graph. The second one I'm cool with as well. You have superpowers, enjoy them. However, illegal actions get consequences in this situation so keep any illegal uses of your power on the quiet if you don't wanna get arrested.)
Also, how does the whole growing-body-parts thing work? I've only halfway been paying attention. And by halfway I mean I just jumped in.
And could we use it to give ourselves a tail with some form of stinger and venom?
(When you eat things, you get nutrition. You need 10 nutrition to make one stem cell. Use one stem cell to use your shifter powers. The more complicated the mutation the more stem cells. And yes, you could, it'd just need more stem cells then growing a regular wolf tail due to it needing a few more mechanisms.)

As much as I'm for this, I don't see it turning out well. Oh well, let's try anyways. Tell him to hide somewhere safe.
"You better hide somewhere." You stay quiet, and the guard walks in holding his flashlight while the Deerman backs into the shadows.

"I heard something, is someone nearby?" he asks. You shake your head. "Anyway, there's no blood or body in the bungalow. The occupant is probably having a nice spring walk. Next time, please consider all the factors before you go sneaking around people's houses. Got it?"
Prepare a bubbly speech to give to the guard about... Butterflies.
"What is your official stance on especially pretty butterflies? Before you can even continue, he starts walking away. When he's far away, the Deerman steps out of the dark.

Ask him if he wants to stay at your dorm for a bit.
"Do you want to hang out at my dorm?" He looks at you, then shakes his head and taps on his right wrist. He gives a friendly one-armed shrug.

Ship with Deerman.
You start having strange, strange feelings for the deer masked guy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think this update frames a bit of what I'm trying to say.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 14, 2014, 08:49:21 pm »

I've been somewhat avoiding this, but yeah.

I agree with ttlove.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 14, 2014, 08:53:12 pm »

Anywho, I do have to agree with ttlove, that wording isn't such much problematic due to being grammatically incorrect, if it even is, as just sounding... Odd. Unnatural. Especially the emphasis on "bad".
Except for the fact it is our character that's the nature of suggestion games, Kevak gave us a starting point, and even with your logic that he made the character his idea has been deviated really far from his original idea where it seems more like he actually changed over time rather than stay static, which is normal, people don't stay the same especially under stressful situations.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 14, 2014, 08:54:17 pm »

Except for the fact it is our[/i] character that's the nature of suggestion games, Kevak gave us a starting point, and even with your logic that he made the character his idea has been deviated really far from his original idea where it seems more like he actually changed over time rather than stay static, which is normal, people don't stay the same especially under stressful situations.
* Lyeos facepalms.

I think you were missing my point and the... Satire? Sarcasm? One of those words.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 14, 2014, 08:57:09 pm »

Oh, sorry. Its a little hard to tell sometimes, due to the fact that tone is sometimes hard to convey over the internet.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 14, 2014, 08:58:53 pm »

I find that emoticons help ;D

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 14, 2014, 09:00:05 pm »

There ish a Ironicon punctuation.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 14, 2014, 09:00:29 pm »

Oh, sorry. Its a little hard to tell sometimes, due to the fact that tone is sometimes hard to convey over the internet.
Yeah, I'm naturally bad at expressing it anyways, so it doesn't help.  :P
Nah, it's just arguing about how the character is based on our own perceptions of said character, whose interactions with the fictional world are controlled by multiple people is silly.

I was also poking at him for trying to justify poor and unnatural wording because of how he perceives the character.
Almost like that time he argued with Worldmaster about what happened when his character had a bad roll, despite not ever giving any indication that his character WOULDN'T act that way. Yes, I have to poke at him for this, too.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 14, 2014, 09:02:30 pm »

* Kevak is tired. Kevak stated this.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 14, 2014, 09:04:45 pm »

So getting back on topic, what's the consensus on what we're going to say, because we have four different suggestions, three of which are by me, I personally like just saying "juice please," because it advances the plot without sounding awkward, but this is my personal opinion.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 14, 2014, 09:05:24 pm »

So getting back on topic, what's the consensus on what we're going to say, because we have four different suggestions, three of which are by me, I personally like just saying "juice please," because it advances the plot without sounding awkward, but this is my personal opinion.
I'm voting for this.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 14, 2014, 09:08:01 pm »

(I really like how Akei's developed, and even at his most basic his character did add a bit of bright color to the setting which is... well, you haven't seen all of it, but to adjust your expectations, this place is the prettiest part. Also, you can be extroverted and socially awkward, but Akei isn't as far as can be seen. A little shaky at points, but  he's generally able to take social cues fairly well. Shit, if he can get the Butcher on his side, he's practically a social prodigy. I do agree that the phrasing is a little odd, but we're arguing semantics. Thanks for that discussion on the character, even if it was kinda... long, for what is essentially a discussion on how much we should extrapolate on our choice of beverage. I shall be taking notes...)
Juiiiiiice
"I'll take some juice, thanks. Caffeine and me go together like dynamite and a lit match."

The counselor nods and says "Right, I'll remember that. Now, my office is just over here." She walks over to the large high-school and, since she doesn't seem to be a threat by your understanding, you follow her. You head through the empty corridors, rows of lockers all identical in size and shape. Reminds you of the old TV shows your mom made you watch. What was one of them named? Glee? God, the past was so corny. The woman opens the door to an office that you head into. Inside, it's decorated with pleasant colors and natural sunlight. The shelves around here are filled with random crap, kid's drawings, and pictures. The desk itself is relatively clear apart from a sleek laptop. The counselor sits down at the desk after pouring out a glass of orange juice to lay on the desk, and you take up a foldout chair to sit at the desk with. You are just checking the glass for any Manipulator parasites when she starts talking.

"So, let's get right into it! Let's start with the basics for the both of us. I know your name, but mine is Una Teagan." she says, pulling the laptop over to her and placing her fingers in a ready position over the keyboard. "Now, be honest. I understand any complaints and worries you have, and anything in this room is strictly confidential. How are you liking it here? Good? Bad? Don't be afraid to say what you think."
Spoiler: Situation (click to show/hide)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 14, 2014, 09:21:20 pm »

"Needs more free, all-you-can-eat buffets. Also petting zoos. Petting zoos would be fantastic, you know, 'cuz all the animals, especially the sheep, are all so adorable! The pigs are my favorite part, though the whole petting zoo thing can get a bit smelly. I suppose then you'd have to hire someone to clean that up, huh? What d'you think?"

I don't care, just add this onto the most popular suggestion :P

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 14, 2014, 09:22:23 pm »

"Needs more free, all-you-can-eat buffets. Also petting zoos. Petting zoos would be fantastic, you know, 'cuz all the animals, especially the sheep, are all so adorable! The pigs are my favorite part, though the whole petting zoo thing can get a bit smelly. I suppose then you'd have to hire someone to clean that up, huh? What d'you think?"

I don't care, just add this onto the most popular suggestion :P
+ All my ones. My fives and twenties too.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37