Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: Starlight (TSG)  (Read 34909 times)

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight (TSG)
« Reply #255 on: May 21, 2014, 08:38:09 pm »

Staying out of drama encompasses keeping a low profile.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 21, 2014, 08:42:12 pm »

A tail doesn't seem like it would be powerful enough to make people fight over us.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 21, 2014, 08:45:58 pm »

I meant, that the security probably doesn't want us using our powers at all , but we do have a slight security boost so I imagine one would be acceptable. But two would likely be suspicious.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:04:01 pm by ttlovepie »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 21, 2014, 08:48:16 pm »

I think that two would be fine. And we can just act like they did that because they are really really adorable and we shifted them for the looks. I don't think they would have a problem with that.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 21, 2014, 08:52:50 pm »

But is it worth the risk? There is to much stuff going on to make a practically useless shift worth it. Yes we would be totes adorbs, but we have bigger fish to fry, like not dying. Placing myself in the securities shoes, if I see multiple shifts, I think that there are more, hidden ones. While if there's only one, I might give you a warning about not using your powers.
Edit: Due to the fact, that we'll probably say, "Don't I look cute?" and then me getting serious and telling yo not to do that. Plus our security bump gives us a little more protection, but it doesn't seem very worth it to more let alone one, visible one.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:56:03 pm by ttlovepie »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 21, 2014, 08:53:58 pm »

Tail aids balance, so we could run a bit faster by having it alter our center of gravity back a bit and leaning forward. Also general balance.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2014, 08:56:54 pm »

Are you sure that works on non-quadruped's?

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2014, 09:02:21 pm »

Tail aids balance, so we could run a bit faster by having it alter our center of gravity back a bit and leaning forward. Also general balance.
Besides there are non visible ways of doing the same thing.
Edit: Or at least similar.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2014, 09:05:46 pm »

Flee, locate a guard, tell them the address, go eat food.
Adding to this, I'd recommend a lot of the free vending machine stuff, or the shifter juice that the one boy told us about.
+1
--
There's nearly three pages about tails, whether or not tails would be a good idea, and whether or not that deer guy has epic senses.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2014, 09:08:10 pm »

There's nearly three pages about tails, whether or not tails would be a good idea, and whether or not that deer guy has epic senses.
That is very true.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2014, 09:09:51 pm »

We shall do a tail at some point, I am okay with putting it off till we know the area better though.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2014, 09:11:13 pm »

We shall do a tail at some point, I am okay with putting it off till we know the area better though.
+1

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2014, 06:14:17 pm »

(Yay! The first "what should we do" argument in Starlight! Always fun to watch. Also, I added an image. Let's get right to it, then.)
Flee, locate a guard, tell them the address, go eat food.
Adding to this, I'd recommend a lot of the free vending machine stuff, or the shifter juice that the one boy told us about.
+1
I think sneaking away would be a good plan.
Lets just move a street away.

You creep down the street, looking behind yourself every step of the way. Every footfall is too loud, too obvious. The slightest rustling of a leaf on the wind down the street seems like the rustle of the murderer's clothes as he draws his bloodstained knife from the interior of his jacket. You're halfway down the street, so you feel safe in breaking your creeping into a run. You're on Sunset Walk when a short figure silhouetted against the rising sun walks forward, holding what is almost certainly a bowie knife. You have never felt this close to death. You yell, "Oh God, don't kill me!"

The figure holds up and shines a light in your face from what is (in retrospect) obviously a torch. He says "Jesus Christ, kid, I'm not going to kill you. Mind telling me why you're running through the street at night..." He raises the light to illuminate your newly gotten ears and makes a quiet hrmm sound. "Mind giving me your name?"

You sigh and look around for a vending machine. You see one up against the wall of a shop.
Spoiler: Situation (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2014, 07:02:53 pm »

State name, state we woke up waaay too early, couldn't fall back asleep, got hungry, got bacon, heard a noise, looked through a window, person with a deermask and a bloody knife in there, we can show them if they want.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2014, 07:37:32 pm »

Proceed to have heart attack. Go on a bubbly rant explaining exactly what happened.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37