Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37

Author Topic: Starlight (TSG)  (Read 34882 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight (TSG)
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2014, 09:02:21 pm »

((It says plan for a week in the most recent update.))

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2014, 09:03:29 pm »

Decline anything offered in return, decline favors, decline food, just decline it all.
"Oh, this seems reasonable, going the neutral route i-"

I'm gonna say hang out, so far she is the only character that I have liked straight off the bat besides our PC.
Hang out for a bit (hour or two), then leave for our place. Pick up Daniella on the way there.
I think I will choose security, I can't think of any real downsides to it and I can think of quite a few good things that could come from it.
Sure, let's go with security.
Security
-.-"

Regarding the sexuality issue: They're all unsafe. Anyone could be Manipulator-contaminated. Anyone. No bonings.

However, since you think I'm a criminal or something... what the hell have I got to hide from you now? I can hardly be anything worse then a criminal."
Awww, look, she's so innocent. That's cute.

Explore, talk to EVERYONE we see, abscond if they start looking murderous, sleep at one point or another, change hair and eye color daily, preferably in the green and purple ranges, maybe a mix on one day or stripes or something.
We can't explore and have a good nights sleep at the same time IMHO.
a)
it's prett early in the day
b)
The post after this one will be extra big, ecpncompassing two days if things go to plan, and I'll be introducing a new mechanic. So plan long range.)
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2014, 09:06:26 pm »

With sexuality, we can get them tested before getting boned, also we can ensure they aren't manipulators. Pretty sure they aren't contagious normally.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2014, 09:10:43 pm »

Explore, talk to EVERYONE we see, abscond if they start looking murderous, sleep at one point or another, change hair and eye color daily, preferably in the green and purple ranges, maybe a mix on one day or stripes or something.
+1

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2014, 09:45:32 pm »

With sexuality, we can get them tested before getting boned, also we can ensure they aren't manipulators. Pretty sure they aren't contagious normally.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Time out here trap. What's with the world sexuality coming into play?

Also test who to be a manipulator? Are those bad guys?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2014, 09:53:02 pm »

Manipulators are a SP that can control people with parasites that are transferred via bodily fluids. Our character is paranoid about them. And we can get prospective partners tested for infection before we "interact" with them in "that" way.

~snip~

Regarding the sexuality issue: They're all unsafe. Anyone could be Manipulator-contaminated. Anyone. No bonings.

~snip~

This is where it came from.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2014, 10:12:25 pm »

Tested by who? And how do we know they aren't infected again right after the test! It's a trap!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2014, 10:15:30 pm »

No, it isn't a trap. We Are the Trap.

Also it really doesn't matter if they are infected, it isn't contagious normally. It only matters if the person Is a manipulator, cause we don't wanna get boned by a manipulator.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2014, 10:21:24 pm »

Also it really doesn't matter if they are infected, it isn't contagious normally. It only matters if the person Is a manipulator, cause we don't wanna get boned by a manipulator.
What if the manipulator transfers over an extra and they transfer the extra to us? What then? You're not thinking paranoid enough.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2014, 10:34:07 pm »

I don't think they Can transfer extras.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2014, 06:46:58 pm »

You can't believe what a long day it has been, and it's only getting close to 4pm. The dormitory vaguely resembles a nice apartment block, similar to the kind you see in gated communities. It's right beside a small stream that leads into town, creating a nice lively feeling that couldn't be replicated in an actual city. Inside, the aesthetic goes into a particularly clean student house. You can tell people live here, but thankfully that avoids the socks on the ground and the empty beer bottles. You head up to the second floor and go to the 21st door. Yes, this is definitely your place! Rather aesthetically bland, lots of primary colors and generally looking like one of those photos on real estate websites. It's essentially a big living room with a kitchenette and three empty bedrooms with marked doors. No-one's home just yet.

You head into your own room and sit down on the bed. You don't even know how many miles you've traveled at this point. You just can't help but close your eyes for... just a few minutes. Honest...

its cold the only thing keeping you alive now is the starlight above you the snowy ice is infinite before you cant help but see the fractal patterns of frost forming on your sleeves you wonder how such a defined pattern-affected world could lack someone to design it the compass you hold spins around in endless circles so you know youve entered the place where direction will never help you

there is a man you have never seen before in a parka before you with eyes like dark and an expression like he doesnt want to tell you anything but he knows he must always do so

"The stars are beautiful out tonight, aren't they?" he says and you nod cos you have nothing else to do "Makes you wonder if anyone's watching. What do you think they think of us?" he knows you will never ever have the right answer to this question and he seems to have accepted that

you have a feeling that youre going to be able to ask some questions and he might answer them honestly, might not

depends on luck you suppose

what do you ask?

Spoiler: situation (click to show/hide)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2014, 06:54:13 pm »

Ask what has happened to spelling and punctuation.

Tell us truly, why did the Burning happen?

+1 to Kevak's, it's in character and will probably irritate the guy.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:22:47 pm by Worldmaster27 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2014, 07:10:44 pm »

Erm.. Who or what are you? Actually, do I want to know that? If I do then could you consider answering the first question and possibly doing so? Also where am I? Actually, do I even want to know that? Does it matter? Also I'm bored, when is this? Like how many seconds/days/months/years/decades/centuries from or before my current timeframe?

Also what are the Burnings and why did they happen?

And what should I be asking right now?

And could you answer the questions I should be asking also?

Also could you just tell me something random that may or may not be useful?

Also do you like my hair?

Do you think it would go well with wolf ears?

I think I should get a tail, what color would be a good one for the tip. I'm thinking purple, your thoughts?

Also why were my thoughts earlier lacking punctuation?

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:44:57 pm by Kevak »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2014, 07:16:42 pm »

(Apologies again for the late update, my brother is having guests over for the last few nights and thus barely had any computer time as one of them is set up in the room where I keep my computer and I am thus unable to write updates.)
Ask what has happened to spelling and punctuation.
"I don't see you complaining about the fact this is a second person narrative. Who exactly is meant to be 'you', anyway? And if you want to know about the Burnings... Well, give a kid in a playground a handgun and you'll get the same result as the Burnings, in my mind. If you understand the metaphor."

*snip*

"... Eeny miny mo, catch a tiger by the toe..." he pauses for a second and counts up on his hands you hope its useful like why cant you think properly

Quote from: Random Pick
[Also where am I?] Actually, do I even want to know that?
"It'd be helpful if you knew where you were. I think you'll find throughout your journey that the question you just asked will come out of your mouth again and again. Since I have answered some of your questions in... vaguest light possible, I'm going to ask some of mine. I would have hoped that you'd know the answers, but we both know that answers never get us anywhere."

you know the questions coming and you know without context questions are just plain meaningless even conventional morality doesnt make sense without knowing the situation

• "Who do you think is the bad guy?
  • Where would you say Pine Groves is?
  • Why do you think you're being kept inside it?
  • How do you this is all going to end?"

"The dream is almost over, kid. Better keep it quick."
Spoiler: situation (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2014, 07:26:22 pm »

Does it matter? The victor writes history to their liking.

Again does it matter? I'm stuck in it and I will probably try leaving at some point.

Because humans are fearful of what they don't have or understand. It's simply human nature.

However I decide it will. The universe gives control to those who take it. Even if they don't particularly want it, if they take it, they have it till they let it go.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37