Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37

Author Topic: Starlight (TSG)  (Read 34754 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight (TSG)
« Reply #435 on: July 12, 2014, 08:19:49 pm »

I suppose that would be me. Seeya!

Go check it out.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 12, 2014, 08:22:05 pm »

I suppose that would be me. Seeya!

Go check it out.
Yes. Go.
As LSP says:
You are the one that can do the thing.
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 12, 2014, 08:36:07 pm »

Enter school.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 13, 2014, 05:58:59 pm »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 13, 2014, 07:24:59 pm »

Enter school.
You head inside, waving goodbye to the group of rebellious teens. You walk inside the campus, and see that there are two main buildings: a high-school like structure and a distinctly college-flavored building. There's almost no-one on the courtyard between the two buildings except you and a few adults in a vague uniform of business casual wear. One of them, a middle-aged woman with the kind of face that lends itself to smiling, says in a rather definite voice "Hello! I think you're Akei Magnusson."

"And you're right! I think you're a staff member! I love guessing games.

"So do I. Akei, I'm your counselor. Let's go inside for a chat. Do you want a cup of tea? Coffee? Juice?" she smiles, eyes only barely darting toward your ears.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 13, 2014, 08:06:36 pm »

"Juice please."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:43:01 pm by ttlovepie »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 13, 2014, 09:48:45 pm »

Caffeine is a baaad idea to give me. Juice, please.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 13, 2014, 09:51:13 pm »

+1

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 13, 2014, 09:54:11 pm »

+1
Personally, I'd like to up the paranoia and trust nobody other than that weird guy from earlier, but we might as well be polite.
+1
Take a closer look at this text!

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 14, 2014, 03:40:29 pm »

+1
Personally, I'd like to up the paranoia and trust nobody other than that weird guy from earlier, but we might as well be polite.
+1
That just sounds weird and unnecessary, most people would not really go on to explain that they shouldn't have caffeine, it doesn't sound natural, it sounds kind of forced.
Edit: Or at least reword it to something like "I don't react well to caffeine, soo juice please," that sounds a little less forced and flows better.
Edit: Or maybe "I'm not to good with caffeine," as a more childish approach to it, due to the nature of our character.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:45:39 pm by ttlovepie »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 14, 2014, 07:47:25 pm »

I see our character as calculating and philosophical below the surface, he normally is outgoing and hyper thoughs, the outgoing and hyper tends to mask the philosophicalness, and our character does have a defined set of morals, but will bend them for what he perceives as personal safety or caution, he is scared shitless of losing control of himself and due to this fears manipulators to the point of paranoia. He is extremely playful and is perfectly fine with misleading people to a certain point in relation to certain things. Not in any way childish, although naive in some senses. He does however believe everyone is good deep inside, which is why he attempted and managed to succeed at befriending deerman the potential serial killer. He likes things to stay interesting, if something stops interesting him then he'll jump ship and go find something else, boring people are not fun to be around for him.

Also I am super sleep deprived right now and I am missing some aspects of the character, also wording may not make much sense.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 14, 2014, 07:56:04 pm »

I see our character as calculating and philosophical below the surface, he normally is outgoing and hyper thoughs, the outgoing and hyper tends to mask the philosophicalness, and our character does have a defined set of morals, but will bend them for what he perceives as personal safety or caution, he is scared shitless of losing control of himself and due to this fears manipulators to the point of paranoia. He is extremely playful and is perfectly fine with misleading people to a certain point in relation to certain things. Not in any way childish, although naive in some senses. He does however believe everyone is good deep inside, which is why he attempted and managed to succeed at befriending deerman the potential serial killer. He likes things to stay interesting, if something stops interesting him then he'll jump ship and go find something else, boring people are not fun to be around for him.

Also I am super sleep deprived right now and I am missing some aspects of the character, also wording may not make much sense.
I completely understand what you're saying but I was just trying to say that he talks childishly usually and doesn't use correct grammar and bigger words, our character can be defined by a hyper young adult who is out going but socially awkward but tends to show his more mature side when you get to know him better. That being said I probably should of clarified by saying the nature in which our character speaks.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 14, 2014, 07:59:59 pm »

He doesn't use correct grammar as that is a way to appear adorable. Talking childish is perfectly fine, he is abnormally mature if anything based on his philosophical viewpoint of the world. Socially awkward would mean he isn't particularly adapt in social situations, which he has proven that he is very skilled in them. The way he speaks is simply a way to present himself.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 14, 2014, 08:34:46 pm »

I don't think he's 'abnormally mature' speaking from experience in high school, philosophical viewpoints are nothing special and he acts immaturely a lot, but the difference is he's not an idiot, his uniqueness is getting him in a lot of trouble so he's learning to mature fast, in the society where bland is the societal norm and not being bland makes you rebellious and therefore more likely to die in a community that is lead by people who fear the different people, already and more things out of place makes them scared because the different people have killed lots of people and destroyed many things, he ended up getting caught in other peoples tornado of intimidation and destruction and happens to be extroverted enough to really stand out in a place where standing either makes extra dead or a leader from what I've seen so far. Our character was forced to develop depth out of the self preservation we gave him, his self preservation only increased as the stakes were raised and that's why out slightly immature slightly socially awkward extravert was forced to have a quick metamorphosis into a much deeper character. Sorry if I have some sort of weird misconception here, but the fact that this is a game and we don't want to lose causes us to make character tweaks to make him have a higher survivability chance, because what we knew about him in the beginning were very silly and the environment was dead serious.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 14, 2014, 08:39:55 pm »

Well given, he had eaten a box of donuts in the beginning, and we aaall know how he is with sugar.

And you may have a bit of a misconception, he obviously isn't socially awkward. Eccentric? Sure. Awkward? No. Awkward implies that he has difficulties with social situations, missing social cues and generally being offbeat in social situations, extroverts can't really function as extroverts if they can't function in social situations.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37