Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: Starlight (TSG)  (Read 34794 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight (TSG) (PS This is Back, who knew?)
« Reply #405 on: June 14, 2014, 07:39:58 pm »

(Other game: updated. Feeling: creative. Beginning Starlight update.)

You walk around the town for what seems like days, no end to the hazy dawn. God, you've never been up this early. You find a bench and sit down, feeling shaky all over. The park around you is. Covered in mist, dragging itself across the grass bringing dew upon the fragile stalks of grass pushing up toward the sky in a desperate attempt to reach for the

starlight

"Hey, hey, Akei, are you alright? You're looking a little hoboish." says Azucena as she shakes you awake.your entire body feels stiff and odd, and you feel more then a little hungry. "Heeeey, what's with the ears? Now that's far out. Question is, is that a fashion statement or some sort of a politics thin? Bet you got it from someone else, though. You're hardly the political type, you're straight up, you do know you're a cool guy, right?"

"... Hi, Azucena." you say, feeling like your throat has been stretched far enough to snap back tight around your throat. People are walking around the park, pretending not to stare at you. You are this close to being in one of those dreams where you are in your underwear late for class.  This is mortifying. Within yourself, you recognize that you really wish Azucena was not present for this.

"So, do you want to be late for your first day of class?" Azucena smiles and pats your shoulder twice. "Good luck, it's a jungle in there. Listen, while you're in there, I need you to do me a favor. Just a little something in return for letting you into my club. It's favors for favors, and a few of my buddies were kinda angry about you being present last night. Nothing personal, it's just that certain people forget my club was founded on being an open house. Guess some people aren't happy without their boots being on someone. We all have to compromise. It's all politics, which I am assured you have no interest in. So, Akei, would you mind doing this one thing? It'd mean that I wouldn't have this sort all this bullshit out myself. Besides, knowing those assholes, it's just as likely they'd start bothering you. So, up for it?"

The events of the last few hours and what is happening right now just hit you. You feel like crying even though you have no reason to. God, before now, you really hated your entire family, but now you just realized that they were the only ones backing you up. You are alone for the first time in your life and you only just realized this.

Azucena is still smiling at you. What do you do?

(And we are now back in business. Expect a detailed Situation when I'm on a proper computer.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight (TSG)
« Reply #406 on: June 14, 2014, 07:50:23 pm »

Ask what it is and then we can decide from there.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 20, 2014, 02:35:56 pm »

((Bump?))

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 20, 2014, 03:38:59 pm »

Wait, wait, this is back?

Completely slipped my radar, my bad.

Firstly, lets ask what that "bothering" of these booty people would entail. Like, it actually could be fun, for us, you know?
Secondly, lets ask if being late for class does entail something. Else, ditching the first day could actually make one of those political statements that she worries about, or more like an anti-statement? She seems to be the expert on the topic, so which is it?
Thirdly, thank her for answering our questions, and we would be on our way then. K. Thx. Bye.

Bonus Option, if we - in the unlikely case, I might add - If we were not able to confuse and weasle our way out, we could stop ignoring the pink elephant, and ask her what this mysterious favour might be.

Hmm.. yes. That sounds about right, I guess.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 20, 2014, 04:56:01 pm »

Okay, back in action and ready to confuse some people with excessive excitement. Time to put your powers to good use. Not those powers, which you have already put to great use.

Quote from: escaped lurker
Firstly, lets ask what that "bothering" of these booty people would entail. Like, it actually could be fun, for us, you know?
Secondly, lets ask if being late for class does entail something. Else, ditching the first day could actually make one of those political statements that she worries about, or more like an anti-statement? She seems to be the expert on the topic, so which is it?
Thirdly, thank her for answering our questions, and we would be on our way then. K. Thx. Bye.
"So what would this bothering entail? Would it be 'get up for school' bothering, 'poke you with razor-sharp claws' bothering, or 'oh hey wanna go out for bowling and chips' kind of bothering? If it's the last one, that seems a little out of character for them. I mean, they seem a little high and mighty for bowling and crisps. Maybe it would be crochet and caviar. That would make sense for folks who don't like people below them."

"Yes, they don't like people below them. Not much at all. Now, they'd like to think of themselves as classy. Hell, they're the primary reason half of my gang dresses up like they're from the 1930s. Kinda silly, but it's hardly a problem."

"Well, some of your club members rocked it but what the hey. Anyway, now that I think about it, is there any statement political or otherwise made in cutting class? I know you're the expert on statements, political or otherwise."

Azucena looks at the sky and says in the exact same cheerful tone as before, "Akei, you're real good at fucking with people."

"Errr, I'd say--"

"Yeah, yeah, look. I'm going to be honest here, I've been kinda leading you on here." says Azucena, giving you a sideways look. "There's no favor. Just wanted to see how you would react."

"So... why did you ask me in the first place?"

"I like fucking with people too. Besides, I'm curious to see if you bend over for anyone who comes along with a smile and a vague promise or if it's just Kraus." Azucena taps her fingernails on the bench's armrest, obviously waiting for you to respond.
Spoiler: Situation (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 20, 2014, 05:02:11 pm »

Well the reason I went with what Kraus wanted was cause I was still a liiitle out of it from getting dragged out of my house in the middle of the night and she seemed nice at first. I don't plan on doing anything for her without more solid promises of rewards in the future. Especially because I saw her doing something that didn't exactly seem like I wanted to get involved in. I'm actually thinking I would be best not going with any specific group, doesn't seem like the best way to stay safe.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 20, 2014, 11:32:22 pm »

Well then, now that we are on the topic of favours - we still are, right? Right - Err.. , yeah, how about I give you a special favour too? To kinda even things, because your side definitely seems to be less grumpy about things. Either way, the kind of favour most people wouldn't get from me, unless on special occasions like these. Which would entail me talking in a straight-forward way. Oh gods, I am already doing it, aren't I? Let's get this over with quickly, and pretend it never happened afterwards, allright?

Basically;
Well the reason I went with what Kraus wanted was cause I was still a liiitle out of it from getting dragged out of my house in the middle of the night and she seemed nice at first. I don't plan on doing anything for her without more solid promises of rewards in the future. Especially because I saw her doing something that didn't exactly seem like I wanted to get involved in. I'm actually thinking I would be best not going with any specific group, doesn't seem like the best way to stay safe.

We can't drop our personality on such quick notice, and suddenly make complete sense. Or so I would see it. ;3

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 20, 2014, 11:39:39 pm »

Well I expected it to be altered heavily to fit the nonsensebubbleness. Although that works.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 22, 2014, 11:06:52 pm »

((Bump.))

((May I suggest updating with fewer responses until this picks up momentum again? Might be a good idea.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 23, 2014, 06:24:03 pm »

((Bump again?))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 23, 2014, 06:27:26 pm »

My apologies for not posting recently. I'm afraid the update will be delayed until tomorrow night, but I'll try to step up the pace from there.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 23, 2014, 06:36:02 pm »

((Yay!))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 24, 2014, 04:08:08 pm »

"You think?" says Azucena. "I don't know. Why go neutral? If you piss someone off, there's no-one to back you up. If someone wants you gone, there won't be much of a response if you do go. But it's your call. Just make sure you know what you're doing if you go that route. There's a lot of people with quick tempers around here."

Well then, now that we are on the topic of favours - we still are, right? Right - Err.. , yeah, how about I give you a special favour too? To kinda even things, because your side definitely seems to be less grumpy about things. Either way, the kind of favour most people wouldn't get from me, unless on special occasions like these. Which would entail me talking in a straight-forward way. Oh gods, I am already doing it, aren't I? Let's get this over with quickly, and pretend it never happened afterwards, allright?
"Well, if you want to give you a favor, I'd have to think about it. Other way round, that is, give me a favor... I'd be interested to see what you come up with."
(With hope, an update tomorrow night as well.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 24, 2014, 04:16:50 pm »

I'll see what I can come up with.

Aaanways~ I should probably be getting to class.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 26, 2014, 05:27:11 pm »

(Hrm... no commands... What to do...)
Aaanways~ I should probably be getting to class.
(Aha.)
"Aaanways~ I should probably be getting to class."

"I hope it was fun talking to you. School's at Glade & Wergeland, if you wanna know." Azucena smiles. "We'll pick this up later. You better hurry... School starts in three minutes."

Oh crap, you better move fast. You look at the brochure, and it'll be about 20 minutes walking to get there. You could run, but you'd be tired out fairly quickly. Hrm!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37