Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Roll to Spaceship!  (Read 7089 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Spaceship!
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2014, 05:09:52 pm »

This is stupid. you missed my turn, and you have three of us falling on the floor in a simple attempt to enter shops. Clearly we are a bunch of medically challenged stooges with extremely poor physical control over our own bodies, and NOT a handful of qualified spaceship operators in any way, shape or form.

Purchase waterballoons, as this is clearly the weapon we have the least likelihood of causing retarded collateral damage with. Also, purchase Cheerios, as we apparently have the mental talent of infants, and babies love cheerios. Promptly get Cheerios stuck to my face. Squeal in delight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2014, 05:18:28 pm »

Buy the matches, flashlight and ESSU then head off to the weapon shop.

4: You buy the supplies, but as you leave, you see a few of your crewmates heading somewhere in a rush, with the captain just a few steps behind. You hesitate; will you follow your crew, or continue shopping.

"Check In" on the ship.

5: You start heading to the ship, and quickly overtake the rest of the people, and get there first.

Head back to the ship
4: You reach the ship, out of breath, to discover someone else beat you there.

GOD DAMMIT I MISSED THREE TURNS AND NO ONE TOLD ME.

buy the electric sabre and also an energy shield if one is available, use any leftover moneys to buy armor.
1: You pick up the electric sabre, but it suddenly hums to life as you hold it admiringly. With a yelp of surprise, you slip and end up on the floor, whilst the electric sabre lands back in where you picked it up. What a jerk.

Purchase the electric saber and laser pistol! I should have... 475$, right? Then go and look over the ship. Let the crew in as well.
3: You purchase both items for 50$, and start on your way back to the ship, but you get exhausted halfway there and need to take a break.

This is stupid. you missed my turn, and you have three of us falling on the floor in a simple attempt to enter shops. Clearly we are a bunch of medically challenged stooges with extremely poor physical control over our own bodies, and NOT a handful of qualified spaceship operators in any way, shape or form.

Purchase waterballoons, as this is clearly the weapon we have the least likelihood of causing retarded collateral damage with. Also, purchase Cheerios, as we apparently have the mental talent of infants, and babies love cheerios. Promptly get Cheerios stuck to my face. Squeal in delight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Check last turn- I added on your action, it seems to not be in quotes? :l. Anyways, your actions.

2: You enter the shop and examine a spaceship module that looks like a wall with a cylindrical bulge in it. You touch a button, and suddenly the cylinder opens up, and a drone steps out. It also steps on your toe. You leap back, holding your foot, with a small cry of pain, then run over and push the robot over. It gets back up, and returns to the cylindrical bulge, with it closing after it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2014, 05:23:00 pm »

Try again. Don't suddenly develop mental retardation in the process
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2014, 05:48:13 pm »

Go to the spaceship and examine it to make sure everything is in working condition.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2014, 05:56:24 pm »

try again. Don't suddenly develop mental retardation in the process. Try to not be mentally retarded anymore.

Edit: try again refers to these actions:  buy ship's ordinance, a firearm, a combat utility knife, a general use portable toolkit, and tactical upgrade computer software, as able with the money given. Try not to be utterly stupid this round performing simple motor control functions.

I am aware that trying not to be utterly stupid and trying not to be mentally retarded are very similar actions. I wish to perform them both.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:59:01 pm by Ozarck »

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2014, 07:14:35 pm »

Eh, go to the weapon store and buy a pistol, reeeaaal quick. No way this'll go wrong. No sir.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2014, 07:12:26 am »

Eh, go to the weapon store and buy a pistol, reeeaaal quick. No way this'll go wrong. No sir.

((The universe collapses up its own asshole. Now everything smells like poop.))

Indeed, I do this.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2014, 07:22:20 am »

Enter spaceship, wait for the rest of the crew.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2014, 07:32:35 am »

Take a break, as I seem to have only one lung and atrophied leg muscles all of a sudden. Or the ship is somehow ten kilometers further than it should be. Then walk to the goddamn ship already. Go in. Look around. That kind of thing.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:40:44 am by Harry Baldman »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2014, 07:43:05 am »

Stand about, wait for Things
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2014, 06:03:57 pm »

Try again. Don't suddenly develop mental retardation in the process
6: You grab the electric sabre, and ensure it does not come to life and try to kill you. You realize it has a 50% off tag you didn't see before. Score! It only costs 50$ now! You buy it. Then you head over to the spaceship.

Go to the spaceship and examine it to make sure everything is in working condition.
5: You get to the spaceship doors and wait for them to open.

try again. Don't suddenly develop mental retardation in the process. Try to not be mentally retarded anymore.

Edit: try again refers to these actions:  buy ship's ordinance, a firearm, a combat utility knife, a general use portable toolkit, and tactical upgrade computer software, as able with the money given. Try not to be utterly stupid this round performing simple motor control functions.

I am aware that trying not to be utterly stupid and trying not to be mentally retarded are very similar actions. I wish to perform them both.
1: Uhh... Uh... You start twitching, and fall on the ground, and start rolling around like an idiot. After a few minutes, you recover, and stumble off towards the ship, confused.

6: You burst into the weapon shop, grab up a laser pistol, and dash over to the counter. It's 50% off, too. Hell yeah! You purchase it for only 50$, then go to the ship.

Enter spaceship, wait for the rest of the crew.
3: The door is currently cloesd. You try punching the door. The door is not amused.

Take a break, as I seem to have only one lung and atrophied leg muscles all of a sudden. Or the ship is somehow ten kilometers further than it should be. Then walk to the goddamn ship already. Go in. Look around. That kind of thing.
5: You take a quick break, then continue to the ship. You make it there and open up the door. It seems all the rest of the crew is already there.

Stand about, wait for Things
3: You stand around, waiting for things to happen.

The crew swarms aboard the space-ship, taking a quick analysis of how everything is. Shannon Stenly sees the console for the laser and claw device, and sits down at it. The rest of the crew considers the remaining stations, while the Captain takes the Captain's Chair. The remaining stations are:
Weapons (For Shooting Stuff)
Thrusters (For evasive maneuvers)
Communications (For being diplomatic whilst preparing to kill someone)
Navigator (For inputting new destinations)
There is also a map left on the wall, with a note from the engineer saying "Engineering and Repairing supplies in Compartment behind map. Food supplies in cargo bay, in blue container. Small supply of missiles in missile bay. Good luck." You see from the map there is one large room with quite a few beds, and a smaller room with just one bed, which has "Captain's Room" right above it. There is also a restroom, several short hallways, a cargo bay, a missile bay, and a few miscellaneous system rooms like oxygen. There's also a compartment that says above it "For drones if any are acquired"

Hmm. What do you do now? What station do you grab, or will you take up engineering supplies and keep the ship functioning. More importantly, what will you do with your new ship? Transporting Cargo? Mining rare materials off asteroids? Doing battle in order to gain other ships or components to sell? The choice is yours, or, more importantly, your captain's.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2014, 06:21:48 pm »

Go to the weapons station.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2014, 08:21:05 pm »

((OK, I guess you forgot the "also buy an energy shield" part. *le sigh*))

I AM A FAIRY CROCODILE. Grab navigator position.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:22:36 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2014, 10:14:37 pm »

BE THE CHEF DIPLOMAT WHO NEGOTIATES BY USING FINE CUISINE
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2014, 11:24:00 pm »

Man the thrusters.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9