Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Roll to Spaceship!  (Read 7046 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Spaceship!
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2014, 01:42:18 am »

Help out any engineering people, since I don't have much else to do at the moment.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2014, 12:09:40 pm »

Four rounds in and I have yet to successfully stand upright on my own.
In Other News: HB is apparently Asthmatic, BFEL and darkpaladin are both apparently clumsy, NAV is a terrible flirt, and i have some sort of Space Epilepsy (or, hopefully, I was just really, really drunk.)

Claim the XO position (and, since it is still available, the navigation slot). Locate the doctor, loudly, and insist on a diagnosis. If necessary, pass out in (or under) a bunk. With a bucket nearby.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2014, 12:25:01 pm »

Claim the XO position (and, since it is still available, the navigation slot).

"How about you take a nap first, cute buns, and then we'll discuss your pressing duties?" Captain Ramsey says, sitting down in her chair and taking deep breaths. She wasn't made for running around, gosh dang it! Why did everything have to be so far away? Her mind wandered to her luxurious booth back on Earth. Nobody cared if she had a touch of asthma every now and then there! Darn this military life. It is only going to get worse still, isn't it?

Ahem. Center yourself, Lucia! Time to take control. After her mental throat-clearing, she clears out her real throat and makes an announcement.

"Hey there, crew, Captain Ramsey here. I think we should try missionary work. You know, go to savage planets, civilize the natives, get exclusive trading rights, all manner of lucrative things. It is likely to be dangerous, but what sort of adventure isn't? It's certainly better than raiding ships for components, no?"

Suggest! If everybody agrees, great! Check on available information on uncivilized planets that nevertheless have sentient life.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2014, 12:33:00 pm »

disagree strenuously with the notion of manipulating the savages' religions for monetary gain. Remind the captain of certain historical realities, and the long term fallout from them, including the current galactic hostility toward such actions.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2014, 12:38:25 pm »

disagree strenuously with the notion of manipulating the savages' religions for monetary gain. Remind the captain of certain historical realities, and the long term fallout from them, including the current galactic hostility toward such actions.

"But how else are the savages to accept the gods if not through concentrated effort made to put them on the right path? We can give them television! And communications! And medicine! And shape their society into the society of tomorrow! Think about it! Or don't, it works equally well both ways."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2014, 04:05:15 pm »

"if this ship supports genuine missionary work, fine. If this ship seeks to take advantage of ignoant folks for monetary gain, fine. I am quite opposed to mixing the two."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2014, 04:12:58 pm »

*shrugs* "I've got no problem making some money off poor ignorant wretches."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2014, 04:52:34 pm »

Rock up out of nowhere with piles of repair kits and no money, take the ship maintenance/repairman niche.

((It advanced without me, aaaargh))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2014, 04:52:58 pm »

"Eh. Works for me, I s'pose. There're worse ways to make a living."
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2014, 05:24:34 pm »

"if this ship supports genuine missionary work, fine. If this ship seeks to take advantage of ignoant folks for monetary gain, fine. I am quite opposed to mixing the two."

"Yes, yes. We'll certainly do a lot of missionary work, naturally."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2014, 05:39:09 pm »

A group of people claim stations, with the remaining people still hesitating. A decision is struck to do scamming missionary work to gain profit. The captain now has to decide where to jump to- a random location, or one of the 3 nearby solar systems, 2 of which has some form of sentient life. The 2 with sentient life are named GH-325 and GI-254. The one without sentient life is named UI-532, but the solar system is incredibly dangerous because of it's massive sun.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2014, 09:13:51 pm »

"Wait. If we are doing missionary work, we need to stock up on medical supplies, foodstuffs, clothing, water purification systems, and mosquito nets. Lots of mosquito nets. Also, we need to cont"act local missionaries to determine what kinds of needs they have that we can best supply." Best save the scamming for the rich home churches looking to make a difference. An Ultra-Conservative talk show host ought to know this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2014, 09:47:47 pm »

Four rounds in and I have yet to successfully stand upright on my own.
In Other News: HB is apparently Asthmatic, BFEL and darkpaladin are both apparently clumsy, NAV is a terrible flirt, and i have some sort of Space Epilepsy (or, hopefully, I was just really, really drunk.)

(and, since it is still available, the navigation slot)

((THE NAVIGATION SLOT ISN'T OPEN, *I* CLAIMED IT!))

Welp, so much for this not going the way of "The Glorious Unicorn"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2014, 10:35:13 pm »

You did? My bad. I have no idea who is where in the ship at the moment. All I know is: 1) It took me four rounds to completely fail at normal human locomotion and shopping, 2) we all magically arrived at the ship together, and 3) the ship's name should be The Sacrilege

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2014, 10:50:54 pm »

"I'm so Excited! We're going to explore new planets, meet new people, make lots of money, it will be awesome!"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9