Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Engraving Screenshots  (Read 941 times)

PintOfBass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Engraving Screenshots
« on: April 25, 2014, 04:38:47 pm »

New fort, had a thief try to sneak past my dogs very early on.  Combat log showed a normal dog one shoting the thief.

Then I saw this epicness.

http://imgur.com/xdBkbTk

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 04:51:40 pm »

I wonder what a dog's laugh sounds like.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 04:56:02 pm »

It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 06:10:47 pm »

Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

PintOfBass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 10:07:20 pm »

The fort where this happened came to an end this morning.  I decided to face an invasion on the field and my two squads, one ranged, one melee, got a kill for every death.  Valiant effort for being half equipped and barely trained.  I am not making this part up, the only survivor on the field WAS THAT DOG.  The fort did not spiral from this, I was just unhappy with how I laid it out and was going to start over anyway.  Pity that dog was indeed legendary.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 02:55:54 am »

The fort where this happened came to an end this morning.  I decided to face an invasion on the field and my two squads, one ranged, one melee, got a kill for every death.  Valiant effort for being half equipped and barely trained.  I am not making this part up, the only survivor on the field WAS THAT DOG.  The fort did not spiral from this, I was just unhappy with how I laid it out and was going to start over anyway.  Pity that dog was indeed legendary.
Don't worry, the dog is probably the king of your home civilization now if you re-embark in the same world.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.