Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reboot or no?

Continue from where we left off.
- 2 (16.7%)
Reboot. Start new thread. Same characters or no, up to you.
- 10 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 113

Author Topic: Roll To Space Pirate, A Reboot. (Rebooted in new thread.)  (Read 132367 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Space Pirate, A Reboot. (Aaand We're Off!) New Players Wanted.
« Reply #915 on: April 30, 2014, 03:04:36 am »

(But at least it's got a scientific explanation. And I can buy psionics/psychics if it's established as a convention from the get-go, which it was. But at some point the genre boundry is crossed.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 30, 2014, 03:06:10 am »

((Why can't it be a paranormal/sci-fi.))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:12:42 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 30, 2014, 03:07:35 am »

Decides to speak into the intercoms for some random fun.
"Whats up my afternoon listeners, It's me Drevin Zalorin your pilot if you didn't know already. I would like to start this weeks radio show by saying, No one has murdered eachother and that is pretty cool. I guess. Anyway ummmm cookie kitchen is evil. Also there is a rather deep pool in the weapons room. Enjoy the flight I guess. If anyone finds pizza, please I beg of you bring it to me. ((Ninja'ed and also tumblr logic why not both))
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 30, 2014, 03:12:33 am »

((When we prepared for this and made our characters, we were led to go into it with sci-fi in mind, rather than paranormal. It's cool if stuff is only ambiguously paranormal, but we've crossed into unambiguous. Well, maybe the ship will just be an interesting distraction. But then new characters are clear for paranormal attributes.))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 30, 2014, 03:14:13 am »

Why can't it be a paranormal/sci-fi.

((I'm fine with paranormal/sci-fi as long as the paranormal takes a back seat and let's the Sci fi drive, oh, and Out Of Character chat is in curved() brackets.))

((I know i'm just really tired.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 30, 2014, 03:15:46 am »

Get a safe distance away from the cookie pile! Consult Paul to see if he knows anything about the baked good menace
You back away from the pile and ask Paul about it. Paul says it's the Kitchen's fault and you need to space the cookies.

Go back the the pilots chair. Play some virtual chess against marco. Eat any pizza in the area.

You recheck the ETA of 12 days. You utterly fail against Joe at chess.

(It's not a balance thing, it's more the fact that the premise has shifted. We started out sci-fi and moved into paranormal)
((I never intended this to be entirely grounded in reality, seeing as how somehow the ship can enter subspace and how energy weapons are somehow extremely feasible right now. All of the abnormalities can be explained through science or some sort of sci fi system, Telepathy and metagaming parrots aren't exactly considered normal.))

Here is my character sheet Kevak-senpai.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Approved, seeing as how we discussed this literally four minutes ago.))

Shake my hand vigorously to get rid of the melting slop while speaking, ask why it's here.
(6) You completely get the melting metal off your hand with almost no scalding. You ask it why it's here, it responds with four different conflicting religious texts... You don't think it is quite sure.

Kick the grenade and run away!
(5) You punt the grenade into the pile of cookies, it will explode next turn.

((12 ..Why do you always get the max roll for nightmares?) No tentacles. Ever. No explosives. Ever. OhGogWhy?! You wake up traumatized.

((I'm basically God when it comes to horror-based thoughts, and the dice know this? I just can't put anything into words. Yeah, we'll go with that. Or you're just fudging my rolls for me.))

Lily heads to the armory and searches for more ammunition for her
shotgun
!

(8) You find ammo aplenty, as was previously discovered, one of the armories is filled with only ammo.

Ferrous had no need to breathe. But he liked oxygen. It felt good on his iron skin. So, he formulated a strategy to escape. He walked over to the exit, and clumb up to it, digging his hands into the wall.
(1 Herp derp, you're getting unlucky.) You attempt to claw into the sides, you find yourself unable to. ..Is it just you or is the surface getting further away?

(It's not a balance thing, it's more the fact that the premise has shifted. We started out sci-fi and moved into paranormal)

I hope so too.

((I hope we're still going to stay strong in the sci fi bit.))
((we are staying in the strong scifi, all of this can be explained with scifiness.))

"Where the hell am I?"
look around.
(4) You appear to be on a ship, specifically in a cookie flooded messhall. You are pretty sure you boarded the ship earlier.

((Well, this changes nothing, as it is what I already expected.))

H begins dressing the android in the pressure suit, working around the clamp for now.
(7) It thrashes around a bit, but is unable to prevent you from doing that or land a hit on you.

Keep lis'nin'.
You hear thrashing noises.

Here is my character sheet Kevak-senpai.

Name: Sasha

Race: Nekomimi.

Description: Sasha Has yellow blond hair that goes down to his shoulders. He has greenish yellow eyes and a bright orange zippered hoodie and brown skintight shorts with a hole in to let his tail poke through. The tail and cat ears are of a orangish color. He appears to be female with close inspection unless you somehow got into his pants and physically checked, and the name really doesn't make it any easier to tell.

((I had a look at Kevak's old character sheet and I saw this in it.

Gender: Male, but appears to be female even with close observation. You really can't tell till you get his clothes off. He even sounds like a girl.

Look familiar?))
((Traps shall rule the world one day, one convert at a time.))

Complete weird dream. Go and check progress of cookie apocalypse. Start shoveling some into my mouth, and the rest into space.
In your dreams the man appears again.
Hello again.
Have a good day?
From what I could see, it was eventful to say the least.
Those cookies have nothing to do with me by the way, I could tell you were wondering that. It all is to do with the kitchen and the cycle.
Now you'll notice something is a bit different tomorrow, don't be alarmed, this is as far as it will go.
You may need to get a tailor though.
You'll probably like it though. And I can always get rid of it if you really hate it Puppy.
You have an interesting body though.
Man and Machine in one form.
I wonder how it will turn out in the end.
May as well throw in something Extra.
Looks like your iron friend is having a bit of aquatic troubles, I recommend a metal cable and a good number of others to pull him out before he sinks too deep.
You really should remove those cookies from the Kitchen though, the longer they are in there, the faster they duplicate. The Messhall isn't a problem though.
Also looks like the Cat is up and about. I wonder who she will choose.
Next time we talk, the dream will be a bit longer and you will actually be able to ask me one or two things.
Contemplate your questions.
A Certain Something will be larger when you wake up.

You sorta slept a bit longer then normal. Something does feel a tad off though. You will probably figure it out later.. Maybe you should check the mirror in case it's physical? You look to your left where the little puppy was snuggled up against you last night and you see a bright blue dog about the size of a full grown golden retriever. Looks like someone grew during the night. It's staring at you with oddly intelligent eyes.

(But at least it's got a scientific explanation. And I can buy psionics/psychics if it's established as a convention from the get-go, which it was. But at some point the genre boundry is crossed.)

((All of this can be explained via science, parallel dimensions, pocket dimensions, genetic alteration, alternate forms of matter, electromagnetics, and a few others.. Some will be harder to explain then others but they can all be explained. The Genre boundary has yet to be crossed and I intend it to stay that way.))

((When we prepared for this and made our characters, we were led to go into it with sci-fi in mind, rather than paranormal. It's cool if stuff is only ambiguously paranormal, but we've crossed into unambiguous. Well, maybe the ship will just be an interesting distraction. But then new characters are clear for paranormal attributes.))
((If I can't think of a way to explain it with science, it doesn't get in. I can think of a way for both Drevin and Sasha to get in with scifi, therefore it is still scifi.))
((Also the more ambiguous the traits, the worse the handicaps given are, you guys are better off then Drev and Sasha in almost every aspect beyond how hard they are to kill.))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:18:19 am by Kevak »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 30, 2014, 03:22:07 am »

Me hears ye Paul. These cookies be preventin' me from me PIRATE STEW!

scramble to main deck, press the "vent kitchen" button

TO DAVEY JONES' MESSHALL WIT YE!

hand stops before pressing the button

What ye say Paul...? Explosive decompression? But ye said...Aye? Aye! Ah! Where be me ENGINEERS?

Look for Ferrous, me CHIEF ENGINEER!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:34:00 am by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

blazing glory

« Reply #922 on: April 30, 2014, 03:22:55 am »

Jump as far away as I can and hit the deck!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 30, 2014, 03:24:37 am »

Me hears ye Paul. These cookies be preventin' me from me PIRATE STEW!

scramble to main deck, press the "vent kitchen" button

TO DAVEY JONES' MESSHALL WIT YE!
((You sure you want to do that with a hole in the kitchen wall and two doors jammed open? *shrugs* I would recommend everybody escape the messhall.))
((Edit: going to sleep.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 30, 2014, 03:26:47 am »

((I feel like a main protagonist :3))

Check the mirror, then alert the crew to the information disposed to me (get cookies OUT of the kitchen and rescue mr metal cookie monster with a cable).

Lerman talks to the dog.

"A... cat, huh? Well, you're a boy, so she'd likely go for a girl, and the only girl on board is Miss Lily, I think."
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:32:03 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

blazing glory

« Reply #925 on: April 30, 2014, 03:28:26 am »

((I feel like a main protagonist :3))

((Right now I'd say that you are the main protagonist,after a while someone else will get all the attention but right now your getting the information and such))

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 30, 2014, 03:34:21 am »

Go searching for pizza for Drevin.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 30, 2014, 03:35:48 am »

((Action updated))
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 30, 2014, 03:59:33 am »

Offer the creature a place on the ship, mention that together, both of us can find or forge it an identity.

((Mentioned in several religious texts + Thaumiel Class ship = probably a god))

-e((Also, I think the kitchen duplicates any food items in it after an amount of time. Infinite food!))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 04:02:29 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 30, 2014, 04:02:37 am »

Take a quick peek inside the bay, then return to listening.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 113