Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reboot or no?

Continue from where we left off.
- 2 (16.7%)
Reboot. Start new thread. Same characters or no, up to you.
- 10 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 113

Author Topic: Roll To Space Pirate, A Reboot. (Rebooted in new thread.)  (Read 132545 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Space Pirate, A Reboot. (Aaand We're Off!) New Players Wanted.
« Reply #900 on: April 30, 2014, 01:31:43 am »

go back the the pilots chair. Take a seat and play some chess against marco. Eat any pizza i the area.
(( edited for less dumb ))

((This man shall be the first to die by Lily's hand. That's on the crew.))
((Good luck with that, he has died 67 times and counting.))

((This thread just eached 1000 posts, jolly. How about an update to celebrate?))
((It's coming in a few minutes.))

((Just for general reference, character sheets with SCP grade abnormalities are allowed as of Zalkoz's sheet...
((F*CK))
((One word: Meow.))

(Sugary foods have a surprisingly high energy density. Less efficient than pure hydrocarbons or fossil fuels, but surprisingly high. The main downside is that they leave a lot of slag when burned. If you could get it to churn out unlimited booze, though...)
((Have fun learning how to exploit it, The Kitchen is a fun one.))

(( at the end of the day there better be unlimited pirate stew))
((Possible))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 30, 2014, 01:36:25 am »

((..Update may take more like twenty minutes, Random.org is down for some reason. Gonna use the backup site.))

blazing glory

« Reply #902 on: April 30, 2014, 01:46:53 am »

((..Update may take more like twenty minutes, Random.org is down for some reason. Gonna use the backup site.))

((*Starts looking smug while waving my real life dice that I always use around*))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 30, 2014, 01:48:34 am »

((Sooo, SCP is a collection of horror stories? Or horror creatures? Can someone explain this to me, because I tried looking at the link but I can't make heads or tails of it.))
(("Collection of horror stories" sums up The SCP Foundation pretty well. It's based around the eponymous Foundation that has taken up collecting anomalous things from around the world to Secure, Contain and Protect, the stories being written either as plain "Foundation tales" or semi-scientific reports of the anomalies, mostly the latter. Really, browsing the site is a good way to kill some time and get nightmares for life.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 30, 2014, 01:51:14 am »

damn ninjas
((Sooo, SCP is a collection of horror stories? Or horror creatures? Can someone explain this to me, because I tried looking at the link but I can't make heads or tails of it.))
(A collection of short horror stories, in the format of documents describing containment procedures for anomalous objects (which can be anything, really))

(I suppose H is sort of SCP-ish, but I'm not sure I like the idea of this explicitly sharing the setting, or of people having "powers" not founded in physics.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 30, 2014, 01:59:21 am »

((The SCPwiki is a collaborate ??Fictional?? world. In it, there is an organization called the SCP foundation, the search for and capture/secure abnormal artifacts and creatures found on earth. SCP's can range from completely harmless but odd (Such as the Bag of Potato Holding I linked.) To multiverse ending catastrophes waiting to happen. SCP classification goes as follows:

Safe: Completely harmless/containment protocols in place prevent its affects from doing anything possibly dangerous.
Euclid: Likely has a mind, unsafe, can be harmful to humanity but not super harmful, some can reach Keter status eventually and some are downgraded to Safe status. Most SCP's start as Euclid until understood better.
Keter: Capable of ending the world, the solar system, the galaxy, reality, or the multiverse as we know it. ZK multiverse reconstruction events are the absolute worst possible outcome of a Keter class artifact or creature.
Thaumiel: Thaumiel are extremely rare SCP's that can be used to contain or locate other SCP's. The ship you are on is a Thaumiel class SCP in the classification scale. You will understand why after a week of ingame time on it if you don't all die from Kitchencookies.
Neutralized SCP's are destroyed or dead SCP's or ones that have stopped displaying abnormal effects for prolonged periods of time.
Explained SCP's are former SCP's that have been explained by science and are no longer considered abnormal.

((*Starts looking smug while waving my real life dice that I always use around*))
((I will lick you, you know I will.))

damn ninjas
(A collection of short horror stories, in the format of documents describing containment procedures for anomalous objects (which can be anything, really))

(I suppose H is sort of SCP-ish, but I'm not sure I like the idea of this explicitly sharing the setting, or of people having "powers" not founded in physics.)
((The powers are all counterbalanced by some horrible flaw. Drevin for example can't remember anything prior to the last ship cycle beyond his general backstory and mechanical/gunnery abilities and will always return to the ship alive within a week regardless of if he died or not during that week.))

(("Collection of horror stories" sums up The SCP Foundation pretty well. It's based around the eponymous Foundation that has taken up collecting anomalous things from around the world to Secure, Contain and Protect, the stories being written either as plain "Foundation tales" or semi-scientific reports of the anomalies, mostly the latter. Really, browsing the site is a good way to kill some time and get nightmares for life.))

((I get enough nightmares from reading these forums.))
((You can never have enough nightmares.))

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 30, 2014, 02:07:19 am »

((Okay, we have an unusual SCP starship, that breeds cookies, a blue dog and blue haired man, a person that won't die, a kitchen that will probably try to kill someone, a thing in the air vents, and disappearing corpses, did I miss anything?))
((Thats about it i think))
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 30, 2014, 02:08:23 am »

((Okay, we have an unusual SCP starship, that has breeding cookies, a blue dog and blue haired man, a person that won't die, a kitchen that will probably try to kill someone, a thing in the air vents, and disappearing corpses, did I miss anything?))
((A Pink cat, an Abnormally Deep Pool in the gunnery area, another thing in the air vent, a disconcerting android, several other things you don't know about yet. Also the cookies aren't breeding. The kitchen is the direct cause of the cookies.))

blazing glory

« Reply #908 on: April 30, 2014, 02:12:18 am »

((Okay, we have an unusual SCP starship, that has breeding cookies, a blue dog and blue haired man, a person that won't die, a kitchen that will probably try to kill someone, a thing in the air vents, and disappearing corpses, did I miss anything?))
((A Pink cat, an Abnormally Deep Pool in the gunnery area, another thing in the air vent, a disconcerting android, several other things you don't know about yet. Also the cookies aren't breeding. The kitchen is the direct cause of the cookies.))

((So if I was to oh I dunno shove a living being into the oven would I have dozens of clones?))

((Now I wanna know what the pink cat does, wait! Maybe I can have my own personal pet! Too bad that I'm a little nuts right now.))
((Don't worry you have Paul the parrot to keep you company.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 30, 2014, 02:15:07 am »

((Now I wanna know what the pink cat does, wait! Maybe I can have my own personal pet! Too bad that I'm a little nuts right now.))

((Technically it is more of a dwarf fortress cat style relationship with the dog and cat in this. The dog was not adopted, it adopted Lerman.))

((So if I was to oh I dunno shove a living being into the oven would I have dozens of clones?))

((Don't worry you have Paul the parrot to keep you company.))
((You would have dozens of nicely roasted dead people.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 30, 2014, 02:25:34 am »

(It's not a balance thing, it's more the fact that the premise has shifted. We started out sci-fi and moved into paranormal)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 30, 2014, 02:29:08 am »

Here is my character sheet Kevak-senpai.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He has been on the ship for about as long as he can remember, which is quite a while seeing as how he showed up about the same time as Drevin did.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 30, 2014, 02:30:28 am »

(It's not a balance thing, it's more the fact that the premise has shifted. We started out sci-fi and moved into paranormal)
(( Para-scinormal ))
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 30, 2014, 02:36:10 am »

((I hope we're still going to stay strong in the sci fi bit.))

I hope so too.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 30, 2014, 02:58:36 am »

((I hope we're still going to stay strong in the sci fi bit.))

I hope so too.
((At the very least, my character has a scientific explanation, even though it would definitely be anomalous if presented to the SCP Foundation; adaptive, true AI is extremely difficult even for a supercomputer to run with today's technology, to say nothing of a nano-sized one. A sapient lifeform completely made of electronic nanomachines is plain absurd, today.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 113