Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reboot or no?

Continue from where we left off.
- 2 (16.7%)
Reboot. Start new thread. Same characters or no, up to you.
- 10 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 113

Author Topic: Roll To Space Pirate, A Reboot. (Rebooted in new thread.)  (Read 133032 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

((Well, Gunther is bribeable, but it's really bad form for any self respecting mercenary to turn against his own crew. Couple that with the fact that I really dislike going against other players, the offer would have to be pretty huge for me to even consider killing a crewmember. Though, yeah, the Many kinda worry me a bit.))

((The Many seem, on the whole, pretty harmless to me. They have an easy-to-exploit vulnerability, and what reason would they have for turning on people who provide valuable services?))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

((The Many seem, on the whole, pretty harmless to me. They have an easy-to-exploit vulnerability, and what reason would they have for turning on people who provide valuable services?))
((They are chased by an interstellar megacorp. They cannot afford to lower their guard on anyone, in case that person is an agent for OE. Not trusting people easily leads to hostilities, as friendships won't advance past alliances of convenience. As noted in the old thread, cabin fever is a threat as well. Also, what is this vulnerability? I did note the vulnerability to practically any area-effect threat, but is this something else? The problem in designing a nanoswarm character is that building nanomachines is hard, and as such they must be a very small and simple design e.g. can't strap a railgun to each one, no matter how useful that would be.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

((We probably could strap each one to a railgun, though. That said, The Many seems like the kind of character that would murder each of us if we wronged him [Yes, I know it should be they, I don't care.] and he no longer needed us.))
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:58:46 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((They are chased by an interstellar megacorp. They cannot afford to lower their guard on anyone, in case that person is an agent for OE. Not trusting people easily leads to hostilities, as friendships won't advance past alliances of convenience. As noted in the old thread, cabin fever is a threat as well. Also, what is this vulnerability? I did note the vulnerability to practically any area-effect threat, but is this something else? The problem in designing a nanoswarm character is that building nanomachines is hard, and as such they must be a very small and simple design e.g. can't strap a railgun to each one, no matter how useful that would be.))

((Radiation's a pretty important vulnerability. EMP, obviously. Wireless signal jamming (unless its communications run on magic) is an interesting one - just blast the Many to death with radio noise. Besides, doesn't the character sheet state that the Many are pretty confident that the OE won't be able to get their shit together and catch them? They've got that whole 'organics are inferior' thing going, after all. And it seems a bit silly to not trust anyone at all because anyone could be a corporate agent, since a reasonable analysis would indicate that an overwhelming majority of the galaxy's residents are not, in fact, OE employees or affiliates.))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

((Plot twist! All other characters are, in fact, secretly OE employees.))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

((Radiation's a pretty important vulnerability. EMP, obviously. Wireless signal jamming (unless its communications run on magic) is an interesting one - just blast the Many to death with radio noise. Besides, doesn't the character sheet state that the Many are pretty confident that the OE won't be able to get their shit together and catch them? They've got that whole 'organics are inferior' thing going, after all. And it seems a bit silly to not trust anyone at all because anyone could be a corporate agent, since a reasonable analysis would indicate that an overwhelming majority of the galaxy's residents are not, in fact, OE employees or affiliates.))
((Confidence implies uncertainty. Sometimes, a complete idiot solves an ages-old mystery or a random megacorp employee locates an escaped collective lifeform. In some cases, paranoia is appropriate. In some cases, it is not. In some cases, MAYBE IT IS AND THEY'RE ALREADY HERE. The problem with taking precautions is that they can't be done when your opponent is already one step behind you.))

((EDIT: I'll be going to sleep now, so I'll have to quit this debate here. If you have more to say, do so and I'll read it in the morning, replying if necessary.))
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:57:23 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

(( Going to sleep now. Bye bye!))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

((Who do you think is most likely to turn on the rest of the crew, or kill another player for some reason?))
((H (HugoLuman) and Gunther (Pancaek) are bribeable, Lily (Lyeos) is likely to cause collateral damage with her actions, and Deceer (blazing glory), Ska'ran (darkpaladin109) and The Many (IcyTea31) have issues with trusting others. It would be easier to ask who is the least likely to cause the death of another player character, to which I would answer Tarak Moore (Sinvara).

((I wouldn't be so sure about that.))

((I would. Doesn't he hate murder?))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(So, should we RP while waiting for this to begin, like last time, or is there an impetus we need to wait for?)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

((I suppose we could. Kevak was supposed to start this midday. I think he's two hours behind me, so he's two hours late.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

((Oh man, timezones are going to be a problem for me again. It's already 23:00 here.))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

((Oh man, timezones are going to be a problem for me again. It's already 23:00 here.))
((Same here. Kevak, fi I don't post when the turn's up, don't just write my character out of the game, please.))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

"Hey! Anybody want some cookies?!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hey, it's past midnight here! Hooray for Europe!))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stat Sheet (click to show/hide)

Approved, I'll flesh it out.
Not sure why anyone would want to be immortal. Sure, it has it's perks, but unless you can spread your immortality, everything you know and love will die. Repeatedly. For trillenia. That is pretty fugged.

The only reason we come up with rationalizations on why being immortal wouldn't be completely awesome is because we're all going to die and we don't want to feel bad about that, so we invent reasons why dying is totally okay, desirable and unequivocally a Good Thing, because cognitive dissonance is handy that way. Pretty sure we'd all consider immortality pretty damn awesome if any of us could actually get it.

On a different note, sheet time!

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stat Sheet (click to show/hide)

Well, that sure was a lot of fun to write.

Approved, will flesh out.

((Psst, can I still join? If not, waitlist plz.))
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Approved with discussed alterations, will flesh out.

If I missed anyone, let me know.

I'll start this off once I update the OP.

Sorta late cause I took a two hour shower and slept in an extra hour (I needed the sleep.).

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 113