Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GTA 5 [Coming to PC this June?]  (Read 2633 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GTA 5 [Coming to PC this June?]
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 03:15:41 pm »

Comparing GTA to War Z, ect. Is like comparing being slapped in the face to being shot in the gut.
I did like GTA. However, I'd rather spend $60 on Watchdogs at this point.

Watchdogs? *Vomit*

Boring...
That is a very constructive comment that very well explain why you dont like it....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 04:05:57 pm »

Yeah, if you're going to fanboy over GTA, atleast try and defending properly from valid criticism.

Saying that a multimillion dollar game is better than an unfinished, indie (and often a thing that started as a mod) game because it has less bugs is rather bold. Especially when said multimillion dollar game was already released successfully for the consoles and the PC port was an afterthought at best.

It gets even more absurd when you realise that the games you mentioned as being inferior are also quite a bit cheaper.

And while you might be okay with paying big money to big companies to do a half-assed port that they may or may not fix at a later date, I am not, regardless of how good the game might be.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 06:22:04 pm »

COMPLETE INTERRUPTION OF ARGUMENT/CONVERSATION

I've never owned a GTA game, but I've played an old PS2 one for fifteen minutes at a friends house and seen plenty of scraps of youtube videos from looking over people's shoulders, and it looks... entertaining, in a DF Adventure mode sort of way.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 06:29:50 pm »

Will be waiting for a sale, but otherwise I'm looking forward to it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 07:03:00 pm »

Comparing GTA to War Z, ect. Is like comparing being slapped in the face to being shot in the gut.

Watchdogs? *Vomit*

Boring...
That is a very constructive comment that very well explain why you dont like it....

This isn't the Watchdogs thread so does it really need a sophisticated explanation as to why I don't like it?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:28:15 pm by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 09:09:54 pm »

Watchdogs? *Vomit*

Boring...

This isn't the Watchdogs thread so does it really need a sophisticated explanation as to why I don't like it?
Sophisticated? nope but at least something constructive to at least reflect what you like or not compared to watch dog and so on. i dont know just a little bit something like: I dont really like watchdog because the cellphone controling a city everything? Nope not my kind.

See? a little sentence that at least give a minimum information so it look a little civilised than a simple *vomit* wich look quite childish from my point of view. But it might be my french side that make me see it like that.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 [2]