Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: I'm not saying the release will be soon.. but  (Read 9311 times)

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not saying the release will be soon.. but
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2014, 09:30:48 am »

It'll probably happen on a random day of the week, with no fanfare. Just, suddenly, "new version." Hopefully he sets up a torrent or something, otherwise it will be insane getting the new version.
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2014, 09:41:46 am »

That would be a really good news to wake up to. :D
Nobody excepts the Toady Inquisition!

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2014, 09:49:14 am »

except when it isn't coming.
i.e. 2012 , march 2013, november 2013
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2014, 02:47:31 am »

Definitely interested in hearing about how adventure mode plays after this update. This is the update for towns as well, right? And factions? Basically the "living world" that is a precursor to moving armies about the place?
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 02:51:25 am »

Yes.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 04:03:55 am »

except when it isn't coming.
i.e. 2012 , march 2013, november 2013

The game wasn't finished in any of those instances, though, this time it is, sans bugfixing.

Bandreus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 04:23:12 am »

Definitely interested in hearing about how adventure mode plays after this update. This is the update for towns as well, right? And factions? Basically the "living world" that is a precursor to moving armies about the place?

I might be wrong, but I got the impression armies will be moving around the map in the next release already?
Check out Enôrbomrek: Bluewhips a community fort and story by me.
Clearly, our top dwarven scientists are hard at work creating a new breed of SUPER WAGON that can survive being scuttled by enemy wagonmancers! These new super wagon troopers will be able to carry TWICE the cargo, be 1/3 the size, and NEVER scuttle!

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 05:05:24 am »

I might be wrong, but I got the impression armies will be moving around the map in the next release already?

Yeah, but you can't move them around yourself ;)

Bandreus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 05:45:38 am »

Yeah, makes sense, fort mode player-controlled armies are for a future release.
Check out Enôrbomrek: Bluewhips a community fort and story by me.
Clearly, our top dwarven scientists are hard at work creating a new breed of SUPER WAGON that can survive being scuttled by enemy wagonmancers! These new super wagon troopers will be able to carry TWICE the cargo, be 1/3 the size, and NEVER scuttle!

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 05:59:08 am »

Man, we're only a step above pagan rituals for guessing the release date now, aren't we?

"With with the examining of these goat entrails, it's obviously coming on he 24th this month..."

Godspeed Toady One, before this community reverts into a cannibalistic tribal state, gone beyond the edge of sanity from the anticipation.

Come, let's join hands and sing a hymn to stay strong; "at least I wasn't a Duke Nukem Forever fan, at least I wasn't a Duke Nukem Forever fan, at least I wasn't a Duke Nukem Forever fan ..."
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2014, 08:53:55 am »

Man, we're only a step above pagan rituals for guessing the release date now, aren't we?

"With with the examining of these goat entrails, it's obviously coming on he 24th this month..."

The bones tell me nothing.

Godspeed Toady One, before this community reverts into a cannibalistic tribal state, gone beyond the edge of sanity from the anticipation.
The proper term is Fell Mood.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2014, 09:32:22 am »

Come, let's join hands and sing a hymn to stay strong; "at least I wasn't a Duke Nukem Forever fan, at least I wasn't a Duke Nukem Forever fan, at least I wasn't a Duke Nukem Forever fan ..."

Er.....*hides mutilated corpse of a calf*....I hear it's going to be released x.
Wait I thought the memo already went out to revert to cannibalism.
Why did they have to ruin Duke Nukem.

EDIT: Updates are Coming.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:56:03 am by locustgate »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2014, 09:35:38 am »

I'm sure we're very, very close now at this point. Like many have said 'less issues than normal' in Toady-speak probably means we won't have a two month pre-release bugfix. Could, though, reading the latest devlogs should give an idea of the silliness that occurs once Toady finally puts all the pieces together and lets the world actually run.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2014, 10:00:09 am »

I really don't believe Duke Nukem Forever was in constant development like Dwarf Fortress is. There's no way to explain that abomination of a game other than its latest devs rushed through it in an attempt to break out of development hell before technology and management changed again and it was back to the drawing board.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2014, 10:02:50 am »

I'm sure we're very, very close now at this point. Like many have said 'less issues than normal' in Toady-speak probably means we won't have a two month pre-release bugfix. Could, though, reading the latest devlogs should give an idea of the silliness that occurs once Toady finally puts all the pieces together and lets the world actually run.

Are there any other devlogs other than the ones on the bay12 page?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5