Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding items to the arena?  (Read 826 times)

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
Adding items to the arena?
« on: April 22, 2014, 08:03:29 pm »

So i really want to add toy axes to the arena so i can see how adamantine toy axes work against goblins just for fun. Also is it possible to edit the raws so i can spawn children?
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Adding items to the arena?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 08:24:26 pm »

I assume you're planning on sending armies of children wielding toy axes against a dragon?

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 08:26:04 pm »

I assume you're planning on sending armies of children wielding toy axes against a dragon?

Yes and giant badgers and also a army of children with toy axes vs a smaller army of adult dwarves with real adamantine axes. Should be hilarious.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 08:57:59 pm »

I don't know how to add children to the arena but I think your best bet for adding candy toy axes would be the create item command in dfhack. Sadly it will spawn the item at their feet rather than arming them with it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:00:54 pm by Melting Sky »

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 10:04:58 pm »

Use this lua script first, then try creating a person in the arena.

Code: (arenaitem.lua) [Select]
df.global.world.arena_spawn.equipment.item_types:insert('#',14) --TOY
df.global.world.arena_spawn.equipment.item_subtypes:insert('#',3) --ITEM_TOY_AXE
df.global.world.arena_spawn.equipment.item_materials.mat_type:insert('#',0) --INORGANIC
df.global.world.arena_spawn.equipment.item_materials.mat_index:insert('#',25) --ADAMANTINE
df.global.world.arena_spawn.equipment.item_counts:insert('#',1)

This can be modified to allow spawning of creatures with almost any item in the arena.

... Also is it possible to edit the raws so i can spawn children?

I don't think it is possible from raws. Perhaps you mod a "copy" race of dwarves who never grow up? Perhaps DFHack could be used to de-age a dwarf?

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 11:46:16 pm »

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe toy axes are not actually axes. I think all toys are made the same, and they just have different names.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

MrsStick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 03:33:17 am »

...so maybe I missed something here, but how will you make the adult dwarves attack the kids?
My hubby got me into DF...then abandoned his for MineCraft.
Husband has been possessed!
I'm sorry your husband had a strange mood and ended up making a useless trinket out of useless materials without gaining any experience in the process.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 09:12:59 am »

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe toy axes are not actually axes. I think all toys are made the same, and they just have different names.

You are correct - all toys are tiny blunt misc weapons.