Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 3: IC Thread  (Read 27274 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2-2: IC Thread
« Reply #495 on: June 27, 2014, 03:58:28 am »

"Dustine, what's the possibility of the entire ship getting cursed?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2-2: IC Thread
« Reply #496 on: June 27, 2014, 04:02:15 am »

"Wood can't carry curses."

Ayleen lifted her staff.

"Or, well, that's what I know anyway. This staff is useless without the user. It's a metaphysical thing--hence why I guessed it was "attached" to the pirates or-..."

"A-ah, you said Dustine. Erh. Sorry."

Ayleen saw a nice fresh crest crash against the ship and chose that moment to admire the foam, turning aside. Nice white foam. Mmm, foam. Salty foam.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 3: IC Thread
« Reply #497 on: June 27, 2014, 12:49:06 pm »

Dustine shook her head.

"Sorry Ayleen but... that's not true. I can... feel the amulet. All the way up here. If what the journal says is true... We need to get off this ship now. Burn it, and hope that we were not in contact with the wood for enough time to have it affect us."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 28, 2014, 01:30:52 pm »

"So the ship itself can curse us, too? Crivens, no wonder Rose was scared of it. I guess we don't have any way to just un-curse the ship, right?"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 29, 2014, 12:28:00 am »

"Sorry Ayleen but... that's not true. I can... feel the amulet. All the way up here. If what the journal says is true... We need to get off this ship now. Burn it, and hope that we were not in contact with the wood for enough time to have it affect us."
Ayleen looked at her staff and wondered--sure, she may be wrong in her case given her experiences being more objective and focused in her field of knowledge but...she also had the sneaking suspicion that Dustine was feeling something else that wasn't the amulet--whatever malevolent force that did exist.
Though that was mostly based on her profession anyway.

"Peruse the book, Janus. Isn't there anything that talks about the amulet or otherwise? Is the amulet made of wood or...? I'll try to find a way to get those boarding planks latched off the Captain's ship, then."

Study boarding planks. Probably get an idea of how they work for future reference.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 29, 2014, 04:55:35 am »

"Well, I don't want to take the ship and then turn into walking corpse few days later. Okay everyone, prepare some oil and torches." Julian stopped by Dustine and Ayleen on his way back to his ship.

"If you two cannot lift the curse, you should move back onto Rosa Azul."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 29, 2014, 06:12:07 am »

Ayleen nodded and approached Dustine.
"This is a big conundrum--not that I mind the opportunity in front of me, but that I'm more focusing on what Julian's troubles are."
"And by that, I mean the burden of the coin."
"And to put emphasis on that, let's not ignore the details one does when desperate--Julian's merchant skills aren't honed by years, but forced. That, and see what we're doing to a whole ship because of the warnings of a book. We're striking at an enemy in the fog."

"...Which may be just me being overly concerned. Let's burn examine the ship."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 29, 2014, 09:59:02 am »

"Well, our employer has spoken and its he who pays my fees, so I guess that's that."

Janus pockets the book and starts heading for the Rosa Azul.

"Peruse the book, Janus. Isn't there anything that talks about the amulet or otherwise? Is the amulet made of wood or...? I'll try to find a way to get those boarding planks latched off the Captain's ship, then."
"There ain't nothing there about that. Only what you saw. They attacked a ship with a mage, the mage muttered some curse and the rest is obvious."

"As for the boarding planks, Captain Garshlow should be able to split them apart with his axe without much of a problem."
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 29, 2014, 11:35:12 am »

"This is going to be a whole lot of smoke. I'll keep to the skies and look out for any other incoming ships."
Esori keeps a lookout over the area surrounding the boats.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:05:01 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 29, 2014, 11:38:45 am »

"Ayleen, I'm not doing this because of what a book says. I'm doing this because of what I can sense. I've been studying magic for years, and my sense aren't lying. This---

"JANUS! Leave that book. Do not take anything from this ship with us. We need to burn everything here, not take anything that might have been corrupted. This whole ship and everything on it is potentially contaminated and a single journal is not worth the risk of us turning into monsters."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 29, 2014, 12:16:43 pm »

"Since you can sense this stuff, can't you just tell if the book is contaminated or not? If it is, at least let me transcribe it before we throw it away."
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 29, 2014, 12:25:14 pm »

Dustine shook her head.

"It's too hard to tell with everything that I'm sensing right now. But unless there's something useful in that journal, we should leave it. There's no reason to risk bringing the contaminate with us. And taking the time to transcribe it is just giving us more exposure to the curse. Lets just leave."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 29, 2014, 03:32:22 pm »

"Information is my business, and I can't pass up something like this. I'll transcribe the entries related to the curse and throw it overboard. Shouldn't take more than a minute."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 29, 2014, 03:40:14 pm »

Julian looked at the pirate's ship, then at Janus.

"Make it quick."
SigFlags!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 29, 2014, 03:58:58 pm »

"I'll get to work then."

Janus goes to find some paper and ink on the Rosa Azul and starts to transcribe the passages relevant to the curse.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37