Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 3: IC Thread  (Read 27251 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2-2: IC Thread
« Reply #480 on: June 25, 2014, 03:47:22 pm »

Dany yawned, stretching out a bit.
"I'm still sleepy, but I guess that loot comes first.

I hope they have apples. Preferably fresh ones."

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 25, 2014, 03:54:15 pm »

"Bah. That was... unfortunate. She was a bit more hardy against magic than I expected. Ah well. Thank you Ayleen."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 25, 2014, 05:57:05 pm »

@Esori:

"Allright. I see from here that the horses calmed down. You can go for a flight."

@Janus:

The quarters were a bit dusty; there was a plate on the floor with utensils covered in some green fungus that propably happily grew on whatever was the last meal.
Few empty bottles laid under the captain's hammock, and amongst the bottles there was a small, leather-bound book.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:20:08 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 25, 2014, 08:33:23 pm »

"Thank whoever manifested the idea of a heal staff Dustine. It's benevolent intent made real." Ayleen winked.

Looking back at the crew, and knowing Selina was pulling herself together, she excused herself from Dustine's presence ("And on that note, I'll be meeting with Dany in a bit. Please tell Selina that") and made her way to follow Dany.

"Hello Sleepy! What's bothering you this time? The thrill of battle (and being raided by pirates no less) not enough to keep you up and at them?"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 25, 2014, 08:44:28 pm »

Janus picks up and reads the book.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 25, 2014, 10:09:57 pm »

Selina lurches over to further calm Epona and feed her a bit of food, trying to find a bit of stability in her stomach with the distraction.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 26, 2014, 06:35:11 am »

"I like being able to keep my apples down in my stomach,
And the sea doesn't help much."

Dany said despite the fact that he appear to obviously be accustomed to walking around on ships.

"I doubt the pirate ship will have any fresh fruits, either."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 26, 2014, 09:03:50 am »

@Janus:

It was, as one could assume, the journal of the blue-haired captain, from the times when apparently she and her crew were very much alive. She numbered her entries but there was no indication of particular dates. Entries were of various kinds, from her personal observations to boasts on successful raids and complaints of hangovers the morning after party.

Everything changed in their latest raid, which was mentioned in fifth entry before the journal ended abruptly, and the four entries after it weren't any good - with the last scribbled hastily...

Besides the numerous coffers filled with precious metals and beautiful fabrics, we got some jewellery off the passengers. The mage that mumbled something at us as he died, he had this strange amulet which I have taken for myself. Is beautiful, and I'm pretty sure these tear-shaped jewels are rubies. First time I see gemstones that big.

Roger went mad and stabbed Johann. He kept screaming about his nightmares. He jumped off the ship and we couldn't get him out before he drowned.
PS: Roch just came in and told me that Johann died from blood loss, the wound refused to close even with all the medicine we had stashed in the hold.

More people mad. I locked myself in my room and I'm wondering if the amulet is for blame. I started to feel dizzy by simply being near it, not to mention wearing it. I've hidden it in safe place far from quarters.

Screams everywhere, my hands are turning green. This amulet is cursed, the entire ship is cursed. We tossed supplies overboard but even the fresh fish we catch burn our insides and tastes like rotten meat. Some killed themselves, some jumped into the sea. I hear fighting.
I need to lie down, my stomach is burning like hell.
PS: I vomited blood, I think I'm done for.

i think i heard someone saying that johann crawled back onto the deck from the sea this is terryfying
im pretty sure that the amulet ive taken is cursed or maybe the mage cursed it i don't know
whomever finds this journal should heed this warning
do not eat or drink anything from our hold do not touch the cargo and leave immediatelly do not search for amulet
best thing you could do is burn our ship before the curse gets you as well hopefully in the sea depth amulet curse never anyone more
arvala black ravens captain
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 26, 2014, 09:39:02 am »

Janus walks back into the deck and calls out to everyone.
"I think... you should all take a look at this before we get to looting."
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 26, 2014, 09:58:39 am »

"I doubt the pirate ship will have any fresh fruits, either."
"Well...good to see you doing fine. Though you did look a bit worried last I saw. I'll check back on the rest. Go take a snack, ok?"

Ayleen heeded Janus' call and strode over to examine the find.

"Weird. If its the amulet as a source, then why didn't Arvala depict whatever happened to the mage? It must be a heeded curse on his part. And by that, I mean they looted a rich ship, and came across a curse from a rather badly-willed mage. Now I wonder what he did say for all that to happen?"

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 26, 2014, 02:54:26 pm »

Esori strides over to Rose, makes sure she's calmed down sufficiently, and jumps on.

"You silly little pink horse, you," he chides gently. "Scared of zombies and stuff but not bandits. Come on, we need to make sure there aren't more of... Hey, what's Janus got?" Esori rides over and looks at the book over Ayleen's shoulder.

"Oh. Wow. Great. Uh, so should we just find this amulet and chuck it overboard, or... what? I really don't want to end up like them, but ships are worth a lot of money."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 26, 2014, 03:37:00 pm »

"Well... mages are called thaumaturges for a good reason.
They work miracles.... and disaster."

Dany tries to piece together what was said in the journal, as he is illiterate.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 26, 2014, 08:02:02 pm »

"Well, anyway about the mages--we've good news and we've got bad news. Good news is we've not even attempted any looting (other than that book), or any such danger mentioned in the Captain's assumptions here. Bad news is we've to scuttle the ship and all inside it--if we're working by assumption anyway.

"Julian, Esori, Dustine: Thoughts on the matter? We could trace the knowledge of such ideas to the source--the mage, the ship and the route taken. I'm sure there's a map around which shows the charted course of this ship (and/or any details regarding who they've looten--there must be at least one egoistic person in this crew, right?).

"Also it's pretty...amazing to see the case though. Days of symptoms from onset of exposure. I wonder if I can...well, Dustine--I wonder if we can both make some kind of shield to general malevolence in order to search this ship thoroughly."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 26, 2014, 08:27:05 pm »

"We could dump the amulet and all the loot overboard, while keeping the ship. It's far more valuable than anything that could be here anyway. We'll then fence it in the next port for whatever price we can."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 26, 2014, 11:44:39 pm »

"The one guy in the journal was screaming about nightmares, right? So we've probably got at least a day to find this amulet and deal with it before it gets us. Then nobody else gets cursed, right?"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37