Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 3: IC Thread  (Read 27309 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2-2: IC Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2014, 09:18:49 am »

"Sweet, time to go on an adventure!" Esori gets onto the boat along with Rose, and busies himself making sure Rose is comfortable and fed but ready to take off at a moment's notice.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2014, 11:04:12 am »

Janus picks up his sword and heads for the boat

"Looks like we fought the law and won."
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2014, 12:52:39 pm »

"Looks like we fought the law and won."
Wait wh-
"So we were fighting actual guards, and Julian is now a rebel merchant?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2014, 03:05:52 pm »

"Lets not worry about that right now. Just... get onto the ship. We can worry about other things later. Better to just get out of here."

Walking away from the the mercs, she headed over to Julian and quietly asked,

"Sir. You clearly know that something is going on with this attack. Even if you can't share it with the lawmen, surely you can trust us."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2014, 03:18:54 pm »

Julian waited till they were further away from the guards. Then he mumbled back:

"These thugs were debt collectors hired by some smuggler or someone. Unfortunately it seems that my uncle's debts weren't purely with friendly and honest merchants." He went silent, stepping up onto the ship. The caravel was small, and the barrels and crates and sacks of the trade goods were taking lots of space on the board.

"That's a lot of goods." Julian spoke in normal tone, looking around at the markings and notes at the cargo. "Foodstuffs? What kind of trade plan you have on mind, Dustine? Mind you, we have to go to Xios soon."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2014, 03:46:27 pm »

"Oh, I know. Don't worry. This is on the way. Revalde. Apparently had a nice streak of luck and found some opals. But, because of the strike, they've had a large increase in population. Big enough that their farms aren't going to be able to make up the difference. So they've got plenty of opals and nowhere near enough food. We've also been warned about pirates on the way to Xios. I know it won't change your mind but... we just need to be careful."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2014, 07:37:53 pm »

Suprisingly, once they've cleared Ren's port, everything was going smoothly. The bright sky overhead had only few puffy clouds on it and the warm, strong wind from the north blew at the vertical sails of the small caravel, pushing it gently yet steadily south. The agile vessel cut through the sea with ease. What little time they had, after patching their wounds and getting accustomed to the sea, the people could easily watch the wonderful sea and the distant, constantly changing shoreline.

They were at Revalde rather quickly, by the morning of the next day.

Julian stepped out of the little cabin that had his hammock in, and he stared at the people working at the deck, or in case of ladies, still sleeping or leisurely leaning against some conveniently placed cargo.

"Once we dock, I won't be leaving the ship. You on other hand, please do. Dustine, take care of the trading. Others... well, enjoy the sights, but I would be glad if you could gather some info or maybe make some quick cash."

~!~
A non-plot Port, like Revalde and many others, is a good opportunity to get some lore/trade info, work your supports or hunt for sidequests. Some might require puzzle-solving and RP, some might involve a battle, and some a mix of both. The rewards will be various; from gold through supplies to unique items or even recruitable NPCs.

"I think that, we can set sail in the evening? Yes, that would be a good idea."

~!~
Do note however that I'm not keen on spending weeks upon weeks of real-time getting you around every nook of the port. This is especially in case of support-grinding RP! When I will feel that things take too much time, I will prod you about in OOC Thread.

The ship's sails were pulled and the vessel gently came to stop at the small harbor of the town. It was bustling with activity - people were moving between hovels and small tents haphazardly placed between, and lots of small peddlers were selling meat and fish and everyday supplies. Most of the men around the 'shanty' part of Revalde were definitely of the rough-looking, hardy miners or haulers.

"Well, it does look different from the simple farmtown I heard about once... If anything, you can find me on the ship."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2014, 07:40:45 pm »

"Right then. Esori, wanna come with me?"

Dustine heads to the marketplace to try and find the person in charge of trading

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2014, 07:51:27 pm »

"ugh... I hate ships..." Selina runs off the boat and pukes into the harbor.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2014, 08:22:06 pm »

@Dustine?:

Apparently the peddlers weren't the market keepers. They pointed Dustine from one merchant to another, from one stand to other. Finally, and elderly salesman selling gutted fish (of dubious quality) managed to point her directly to the office of the market keeper. Strangely, it was far from 'market'. It was in fact a simple, two-story house with thatched roof.

The keeper - a bearded man in his early forties - was inside, busying himself with moving crates around with a big ledger under his left armpit.

"Wassit, lass?" He asked after placing one last crate in the corner with loud 'thump'.
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2014, 08:24:54 pm »

"Yeah, the name's Dustine, I'm here with the merchant ship that just sailed in. We've got some good we're interested in trading. Some foodstuffs, as well as some stingweed, wool, and wine. Mind telling me prices of the goods you've got here as well?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2014, 08:49:42 pm »

"Eh, now?" The market keeper mumbled something under his nose and then flipped the ledger open.

"We have some extra produce ready. Wheat, grapes and berries. I coulda sell you some wine and garlic, too. The miners have already got several crates of opals and such ready. Pretty colorful bunch, I think I saw a black one there, even. Anyways, we're short on meat, sausages could do, and lumber, iron and steel for construction... and some stingweed, and flax and wool for the workers' families."

Town of Revalde:

Sells: (gold per barrel)
Wheat: 10 barrels ready, 26 gold each
Grapes: 17 barrels ready, 115 gold each
Berries: 19 barrels ready, 72 gold each
Wine: 20 barrels ready, 208 gold each
Garlic: 14 barrels ready, 148 gold each
Ornamental Gems: 4 barrels ready, 520 gold each

Buys: (proposed average price per barrel, ! denotes good in demand)
Berries: not interested
Meat: 215 gold each (!)
Sausages: 240 gold each (!)
Wine: not interested
Stingweed: 77 gold each (!)
Wool: 230 gold each (!)

Spoiler: Tradegoodex! (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2014, 08:53:50 pm »

"Hmm... interesting, for sure willing to sell some of our foodstuffs. And very interested in the opals. The price seems a bit high for the surplus you guys have found but we'll see what we can do. I don't suppose you've heard anything useful about what some of the ports nearby might be interested in?"color]

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2014, 09:03:44 pm »

"Right then. Esori, wanna come with me?"
"Of course! Seeing new places is why I left home in the first place."

*some time later, at the "market keeper's" place*
Esori mutters under his breath as he does some quick math. "Okay, so our profit margins per unit are... 71 gold per barrel of meat... hmm. We should probably sell the wool and stingweed we have, too, I don't see the prices being better elsewhere, really."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2014, 09:10:26 pm »

"Mmm. It's true. Though you never know. Some other places might be more... appreciative of the distance we'll have sailed."

She winked at Esori, hoping to get him to realize she was just talking their goods up to make sure the prices wouldn't drop when the merchant realized how much they were interested in selling.

"Hmm... once we're done here, we should take a look around the marketplace, see if there are any rumors of interest."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37