Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Mini Mafia Madness: Game over, Tiruin and TheDarkStar win!  (Read 32398 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Mafia Madness: A Clown Car full of bodies (DAY 1)
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2014, 10:33:21 pm »

I missed a question.

8. What do you think the odds are that I don't even survive to Day 2 in any tent?
I could tell you.

But then I would have to kill you.

Let's see how long it takes people to get the extra level to the joke.

After all, this is a circus.

A voice cries out from the crowd:

"Looking a bit flat today, you all are.  Got a problem, eh?  Then GET ON WITH THE SHOW!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2014, 04:57:43 am »

Whatever you do do, don't sing that song...

Tiruin Will you be able to balance not letting your opinions of a player in one game affect your votes on them in another game?

Griffinpup Are you confident about juggling the time commitment in each of the games?

DarkPal Could you characterise the play-style of any of the other players? Any strongmen or lion tamers among us?

GWG Mafia's pretty intense right? Lot's of hoops to jump through. What's you strategy for winning while also having fun?

DarkStar
1. I'd imagine it'd be something related to our split aspects. Beyond that, I couldn't say.
2. Whitius Opius: we share all our games in common.
3. Vanilla town, doctor, cop and scum. Everything else is just idle speculation until there's a flip or claim.
4. Given the numbers, probably only 1 in each game. I hope.
5. Given that not everyone has a power role in every game, probably something to be avoided.
6. If you die in the game, you die in real life.
7. Addressing everyone is okay so long as you ask useful questions and follow up appropriately.
8. That depends: are you scum in any of the tents?

What are your answers to these questions?

Whitius Opius 1 Whitius Opius 2 Whitius Opius 3— You're my game twin, the metaphorical whiteface to my auguste. I know I'm good in every game: what assurances do I have that you're not bad in every game?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2014, 06:50:41 am »

PFP last week of exams. x-x

Tiruin Will you be able to balance not letting your opinions of a player in one game affect your votes on them in another game?

..My initial reaction and response would be 'I'll try', my ulterior motive is 'No' yet my full and holistic answer right now is yes.
All due to a recent revelation.

...Unless, y'know, you guys play like me and stick to one general playstyle per game. To that, it becomes a maybe.

TDS
1. What do you all think the hinted roles are (like ones that can affect other games)?
> Err, what I guess is related to our teams and/or flavor (I didn't fully get the query): Clowns and circus and other theatrical stuffs.
2. Who would you inspect right now if you could?
> Um. Um. NQT. Because I love him so much that he's always scum to me. And he's always town to me too.
...Yeah.
3. Which roles do you think there are?
> ...The roles mentioned in the OP + probably a mix of tracker, watcher and other additions to a non-BM game to spice it up a bit [T/W due to its common use as far as I see]. What purpose was this question for?
4. How many scum do you think there are in your game (since it was hinted that there could be one or two)?
> One, pretty much.
...Though I do note the singular aspect of this second person pronoun. TDS 1; 3, why so singular?
5. How beneficial is rolefishing here?
> Depends on how you word it. ;D
6. What unstated mechanics do you guess there are?
> ...
Now that's a good question. I have too much to think about in regard to this, and believe that such and such would show after D1 and so on.
7. Should I have used individual questions?
> Yesh :I
But really. If this general list was to get an impression on the player--I'm impressed and happy to see that, yeah, it works.

8. What do you think the odds are that I don't even survive to Day 2 in any tent?
> 0%.
You're flippin' biased on that 'O NO I DIE D1'.
Silly TDS. :P
[Hey scumbuddy, kill TDS, K? mwahaha!]
Yeah I'm sarcasm'ing you. :I
What's the basis of this question?

GWG 4: Welcome to Mafia, you!
What do you feel right now? First impressions on people?
How do you think Forum-Mafia is played?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2014, 11:24:16 am »

Mega question time!

Tents 1, 2, and 3:

Everyone:
1. What do you all think the hinted roles are (like ones that can affect other games)?
4. How many scum do you think there are in your game (since it was hinted that there could be one or two)?
I missed a question.
1. Hard to say at this point. None of my Roles have such abilities.
2. Everyone.
3. The ones described in the OP. Maybe some others.
4. There are three tents of five, which I doubt have multiple clowns. The tent of six might have two.
5. Not sure what that is or how you would do it.
6. Probably not many.
7. Maybe.
8. Pretty low.

GWG Mafia's pretty intense right? Lot's of hoops to jump through. What's you strategy for winning while also having fun?
From what I've seen from the other Mafia game I've played, fun isn't nearly as important as winning. Certainly, the standard of behavior required to not get people to lynch you is remarkably high.

GWG 4: Welcome to Mafia, you!
What do you feel right now? First impressions on people?
How do you think Forum-Mafia is played?
4maskwolf seems like the kind who's trying to have fun instead of psychoanalyzing everything. I'm sure this is a tell that points to him being a scum. notquitethere seems to be fishing for tells to figure out who's who. I'm sure this is a tell that points to him being a scum. TheDarkStar is asking questions and seems to be showing a bit of a sense of humor, but hasn't answered any questions yet. I'm sure this is a tell that points to him being a scum. You have answered questions fully and seem to be trying to be nice to the newbie. I'm sure this is a tell that points to him being a scum.

One, Two, Four

One of the golden ones glances at the others in the tent. Two dark ones, a young griffon, a...um...something clever based on Tiruin's name. One of the dark ones had been asking questions, and the last had been friendly enough. One of the others seemed to...not feel so well about it, though.
One of these needed to be lynched before morning, and the golden aspect had no intention of being the one. There was, as of yet, no way to know who could be one of the murderous clowns; yet, the incarnate aspect would have to select one to vote. In the end, it chose to select DarkPaladin due to his silence as much as anything.

Another such incarnation takes his chances as he looks at the others. The curious dark one and the griffon were both there, as was a pale one and one who is not quite there. The last aspect seemed to be playing some kind of game, acting like he was trying to subtly sift information from small talk, or perhaps acting like he was doing such. He also suspected every aspect of the pale one, who so far remained silent.
This aspect was saddened by seeing such unfounded accusations, so he naturally chose to vote for the elimination of notquitethere from the tent.

The last golden one gazed down on the others in his tent, the largest. The griffon was, a third time, in the same tent; the second of the dark aspects and the last aspect from the first tent, who had accused him out of the blue, were present, as were the pale and nonexistent aspects from the second tent.
He chuckled when the aspect accused him, and simply returned an accusation right back: Tiruin, who dared to accuse him, got an accusation in return.

Is it clear which vote is for which tent?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2014, 03:36:05 pm »

Is it clear which vote is for which tent?
Yes it is!
...Though you should note that clarity also goes hand in hand with how you vote.
You just voted me without any reason behind it but to return a vote :v
That said, I like how you give flavor. Giving tips in that text, mmm?
What purpose were you forwarding?

4maskwolf seems like the kind who's trying to have fun instead of psychoanalyzing everything. I'm sure this is a tell that points to him being a scum. notquitethere seems to be fishing for tells to figure out who's who. I'm sure this is a tell that points to him being a scum. TheDarkStar is asking questions and seems to be showing a bit of a sense of humor, but hasn't answered any questions yet. I'm sure this is a tell that points to him being a scum. You have answered questions fully and seem to be trying to be nice to the newbie. I'm sure this is a tell that points to him being a scum.
..Vague impressions which don't state where they go?
And obviously copy pasted given your wording slip in noting me there?
. . .Interesting.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2014, 03:44:39 pm »

DarkPal Could you characterise the play-style of any of the other players? Any strongmen or lion tamers among us?
I don't think so. I'm not really good at judging character or things like that, and I also haven't been playing Mafia long enough to really know how each of these players play. Sorry, this is all I got on this.
Mega question time!

Tents 1, 2, and 3:

Everyone:
1. No idea.
2. Right now, I'd inspect....I dunno, maybe NQT or Tiruin? I haven't read through what everyone else said fully yet.
3. If you mean which roles besides the ones we know, I guess Strongman?
4. 2.
5. It could be beneficial, if only someone makes a slip-up during it. Well, that's my take on it, anyway. I don't think RPing is important in Mafia.
6. No idea, again.
7. Maybe, but these work well enough for me.
I missed a question.

Well, at the moment, the odds are rather hard to tell, but I think that you may survive.

Pah, I might offer myself up for replacament if I can't handle three different games at once. I'l try, though.
Also, I'l be quiet for the next 16 or so hours since I'l have to go to bed soon and I have school tommorow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2014, 04:02:11 pm »

Yes it is!
...Though you should note that clarity also goes hand in hand with how you vote.
Why do you think I asked? Aside from common courtesy, of course.

It's as good a reason as anyone's gonna have at this stage.

That said, I like how you give flavor. Giving tips in that text, mmm?
Mayhaps. Mayhaps.

Hm?

. . .Interesting.
It's mostly a parody of some of the reasoning I've seen in the previous Mafia game I've participated in, which I sincerely hope and simultaneously doubt is unusual.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2014, 04:09:56 pm »

. . .Interesting.
It's mostly a parody of some of the reasoning I've seen in the previous Mafia game I've participated in, which I sincerely hope and simultaneously doubt is unusual.
Yeah? Well let me parody your brevity in answering you and hope to see how far you'll get in understanding.

Yes it is!
Why do you think I asked? Aside from common courtesy, of course.
Clarity.

Uh, no it isn't.

Hm?
I believe the question is understandably legible that something more than an expression can satisfy it, yes?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2014, 05:12:30 pm »

(tent 2) NQT:

DarkStar
1. I'd imagine it'd be something related to our split aspects. Beyond that, I couldn't say.
2. Whitius Opius: we share all our games in common.
3. Vanilla town, doctor, cop and scum. Everything else is just idle speculation until there's a flip or claim.
4. Given the numbers, probably only 1 in each game. I hope.
5. Given that not everyone has a power role in every game, probably something to be avoided.
6. If you die in the game, you die in real life.
7. Addressing everyone is okay so long as you ask useful questions and follow up appropriately.
8. That depends: are you scum in any of the tents?

What are your answers to these questions?

1. I have no idea.
2. I'd probably flip a 6-sided die at this point.
3. Vanilla town, scum, and probably more stuff. Why do you think cop and doctor (especially doctor) are here for certain?
4. 1, since I'm in all the 5-player ones. I could be wrong, but that would lead to silly games.
5. It's useful for determining game rules.
6. I don't know.
7. No.
8. About 50%?

(tent 1) DarkPaladin:

1. No idea.
2. Right now, I'd inspect....I dunno, maybe NQT or Tiruin? I haven't read through what everyone else said fully yet.
3. If you mean which roles besides the ones we know, I guess Strongman?
4. 2.
5. It could be beneficial, if only someone makes a slip-up during it. Well, that's my take on it, anyway. I don't think RPing is important in Mafia.
6. No idea, again.
7. Maybe, but these work well enough for me.

3. What do you mean?
4. Why?
5. Rolefishing = trying to find someone's role.

(tent 3) Tiruin:

TDS

-snip-

For question 1, I mean "What do you think the unstated roles could be?" For question 4, I've been using second person the entire time, since it's a question (and asking myself would be silly).

For question 8: I asked it to get discussion going.

GWG:

1. Hard to say at this point. None of my Roles have such abilities.
2. Everyone.
3. The ones described in the OP. Maybe some others.
4. There are three tents of five, which I doubt have multiple clowns. The tent of six might have two.
5. Not sure what that is or how you would do it.
6. Probably not many.
7. Maybe.
8. Pretty low.

1. Why do you think that I'm referring specifically to your roles?
2. Nicely said.
3. Can you be more specific?
4. I agree.
5. Rolefishing = trying to find out people's roles.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2014, 05:21:08 pm »

...I like it when people vote others without returning anything to ask >_>

Anyway.

TDS
(tent 3) Tiruin:

TDS

-snip-

For question 1, I mean "What do you think the unstated roles could be?" For question 4, I've been using second person the entire time, since it's a question (and asking myself would be silly).

For question 8: I asked it to get discussion going.
...I get question 1. Yet how you ask it makes it seem like you're fishing. With all inherent feelings attributed to rolefishing. Unless you asked that with another intent in mind?

Query 4: :I
It's still singular in my semantics.

Query 8: ...K.
And?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2014, 07:04:35 pm »

Umm I'll answer any questions directed to me at one point when I have more time.  But first, a few things.  In the interest of keeping the required amount of juggling to a minimum, I'm going to be ignoring flavor text for the time being.  (also it's annoying to read, especially if the color is putrid)  Therefore may I request that anything meaningful not be in flavor text?  Aka, no votes, legitimate accusations, etc?  Or at least a transcribed version would be nice, so I don't have to read a whole paragraph to to figure out that you voted Turuin "just cuz".

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2014, 07:56:12 pm »

VOTECOUNTS:
Tent 1:
Tiruin (0):
TheDarkStar (1): Tiruin
DarkPaladin109 (2): GreatWyrmGold, TheDarkStar
GreatWyrmGold (0):
Griffinpup (0):
Not Voting (2): DarkPaladin109, Griffinpup

Tent 2:
WhitiusOpus (1): NotQuiteThere
TheDarkStar (0):
NotQuiteThere (2): GreatWyrmGold, TheDarkStar
Griffinpup (0):
GreatWyrmGold (0):
Not Voting (2): WhitiusOpus, Griffinpup

Tent 3:
DarkPaladin109 (0):
TheDarkStar (1): Tiruin
NotQuiteThere (0):
Tiruin (1): TheDarkStar
Not Voting (2): DarkPaladin109, WhitiusOpus

Tent 4:
Griffinpup (0):
GreatWyrmGold (1): Tiruin
Tiruin (1): GreatWyrmGold
DarkPaladin109 (0):
NotQuiteThere (0):
Not Voting (3): Griffinpup, WhituisOpus, DarkPaladin109

Day 1 ends in 24 hours, at 8:00 forum time.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2014, 09:11:20 pm »

I just reread the thread, and oh...  Sorry GWG, but my last post wasn't actually pointed at you, although it may seem like it.  Anyhoo...

Tent 2,4
Griffinpup Are you confident about juggling the time commitment in each of the games?
More so then this morning actually.  3 games plus King Mafia will be a bit intense, I think, but especially post this week (last week of finals) I should have some time open up.

Tent 1
Tiruin:  Will you attempt to use your three separate persons in concert?
TheDarkStar:  What's the most important thing about this game, and why?  (also, mass questioning is blurg for me.  If you have a question specifically for me, I'd be glad to answer it)
DarkPaladin109:  If you were able to have an ability that effected another game, what would it be and how would you use it?
GreatWyrmGold:  What are the most pertinent scumtells to you?
Tent 2
WhitiusOpus:  Who have you had interaction with before this game started? (I ask because I've never seen your name around before)
TheDarkOne:  What role will role-claiming have in this game?
NotQuiteThere:  Would it be okay if I misspelled your name for humor's sake?
GWG:  How will you be making your decisions in this game?  Gut, logic, deductive analysis, fact...???
Tent 4
GreatWyrmGold: Your current experience of Mafia seems downright poor.  Just for this game's sake, what things should I avoid behavior-wise, and why?
Tiruin: We're also in tent one together.  How do you foresee this effecting how we interact throughout the rest of the game?
WhitiusOpus:  What would be your favorite role(s) and allegiance(s) in this setup, and why?
DarkPaladin109:  How do you suspect that the majority of scum will be sniffed out in this game?
NotQuiteThere:  What do you think about the concept of putting pressure on a single person, but in different tents?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2014, 10:34:54 pm »

Uh, no it isn't.
Really.
None of us have any evidence whatsoever, except for stuff they try to interpret from stray "suspicious" words or how they vote, which only matters if you know what they know about other players, which relies on interpreting stray words.
Tell me again why these reasons are in any way "good".

Hm?
I believe the question is understandably legible that something more than an expression can satisfy it, yes?
No. No, it isn't. If it was, I would have answered. You're asking...something about an ulterior motive, maybe? If you were, why'd you phrase it like that? Is there some specific type of purpose or "forwarding" method I would be using?

1. Why do you think that I'm referring specifically to your roles?
2. Nicely said.
3. Can you be more specific?
4. I agree.
5. Rolefishing = trying to find out people's roles.
1. I don't.
3. No. That's the problem.
5. Ah. At this stage? Pretty much nothing to go on. Later stages? A little better.

I just reread the thread, and oh...  Sorry GWG, but my last post wasn't actually pointed at you, although it may seem like it.
Amusing how that ended up, huh?

GreatWyrmGold:  What are the most pertinent scumtells to you?
Votes. Anything else is something the person wants to have posted, so any tells you read from them are as likely to be meaningless as not.

GWG:  How will you be making your decisions in this game?  Gut, logic, deductive analysis, fact...???
I intend to be trying to do this logically. That's part of why it's going to be tough at first. Once we've got some deaths in the tents, and some past voting records, it'll be easier.

GreatWyrmGold: Your current experience of Mafia seems downright poor.  Just for this game's sake, what things should I avoid behavior-wise, and why?
Berating me for the reasons I use for choosing my actions, because that's just mean.
Using logical fallacies, because I will deconstruct them so hard...um...your argument will self-destruct, I guess.
Accusing people for stupid reasons, because I'll vote to have you lynched if there's no one better.
That's about all that immediately comes to mind.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2014, 10:49:47 pm »

Uh, no it isn't.
Really.
None of us have any evidence whatsoever, except for stuff they try to interpret from stray "suspicious" words or how they vote, which only matters if you know what they know about other players, which relies on interpreting stray words.
Tell me again why these reasons are in any way "good".
Mm, I'm unsure how those reasons are in any way good.
Wasn't that your argument?

The evidence is made on the spot and not treated as it shouldn't exist. It is something to be searched for--something to take an action towards, and not something that does not exist unless it should.
Interpretations come and go with the viewpoint, hence why I emphasized communication back there. It is implied.
That's one way to say it, even if I didn't directly say it.

That is how brevity should be. Not these cheesy one-liners.

No. No, it isn't. If it was, I would have answered. You're asking...something about an ulterior motive, maybe? If you were, why'd you phrase it like that? Is there some specific type of purpose or "forwarding" method I would be using?
I've to ask where your question comes from because the origin is 'what purpose were you forwarding'.
Which is actually pretty straightforward if you'd say 'for clarity' or something. :P

Now I'm... curious. From where did you assume a speculation of ulterior motives? And why?

I intend to be trying to do this logically. That's part of why it's going to be tough at first. Once we've got some deaths in the tents, and some past voting records, it'll be easier.
Some deaths? Past voting records?
Indulge me in this: Why does this logically make a difference? Why should it be tough? Could you detail what characteristics make it so?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20