Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Veins of the Earth beta 13 "Anyone can be a winner" released!  (Read 31426 times)

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Veins of the Earth BETA 6.5 is here! - feedback needed
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2015, 10:35:05 am »

More spells are always welcome - I'm sitting down to do some more stuff (in general) for Veins as the semester just ended.

So this is not dead. Just the amount of my free time has been severely limited in January.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2015, 09:51:55 am »

I originally planned to release the next beta sometime in February. With the announcement of T-Engine 1.3 beta tests, the next Veins beta is obviously postponed until 1.3 comes out.

That doesn't mean development has stopped, quite the opposite!
* Far Shot and Precise Shot are now implemented.

And the big change:
The sorcerer class and its divine equivalent, the shaman, have undergone significant revision. They both use spell points now instead of spell slots.

The game is now a cross between SRD and Incursion - with some classes working the SRD way and some working the Incursion way. Interestingly, this is what Julian Mensch envisioned for the "full" release of Incursion: Return of the Forsaken.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2015, 09:56:43 am »

I have some time this weekend so posting to watch this thread and will give some feedback when I can. I loved Incursion so am pretty excited to see its spiritual successor maturing

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2015, 10:01:44 am »

I have some time this weekend so posting to watch this thread and will give some feedback when I can. I loved Incursion so am pretty excited to see its spiritual successor maturing

Wow, thanks a lot for the kind words!

Link to bleeding edge: https://github.com/Zireael07/The-Veins-of-the-Earth/archive/master.zip

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2015, 10:04:42 am »

Wow, thanks a lot for the kind words!

Link to bleeding edge: https://github.com/Zireael07/The-Veins-of-the-Earth/archive/master.zip
Awesome. Grabbed the download and will check it out. So far what I have seen in the screenshots look excellent. :)

Edit: Hm... I have no idea how to use this. I downloaded t-engine but what do I then do to install this? I tried just renaming it to .team and plopping it in but no work.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:57:05 am by forsaken1111 »

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2015, 11:31:01 am »

Unpack the zip and plop it into T-Engine/modules/VotE folder. Renaming to team does not work because team files/archives have a slightly different folder structure.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2015, 11:35:11 am »

Gotya. Sorry, I'm new to t-engine. :)

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2015, 11:44:29 pm »

w00t!  Liked what I saw when I tried the last version.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2015, 01:05:40 pm »

Thanks! If the version you meant was beta 6.5, then you'll find quite a lot of improvements in bleeding edge.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2015, 09:52:33 pm »

Tried to check on this via the DDA forums, never heard back.

Thanks! If the version you meant was beta 6.5, then you'll find quite a lot of improvements in bleeding edge.

Yeah, was the last time you posted a new version.

Unfortunately, I've hit a few errors (got the popup bug-reporter) in this one:
1) Can't configure prayer (seemed as good a place as any to get some insight into how the system works)
2) After retreating to level 0 and back once or twice, made it to the Next Level downstair (first time ever!), took it, and ended up in solid rock.

You seem to use your Git issues for an internal TODO so I didn't want to unilaterally post there.

Sorry for the bad news, though I appreciate the concept and look forward to actually making forward progress in the game.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2015, 07:39:57 am »

Fiinnnally got around to downloading this. I should be playing it shortly. Sorry it took so darn long!
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2015, 08:17:24 am »

Hmm... I can't seem to take screenshots properly. This will be somewhat irritating...

In the opening line when you start the game (You wandered into the... How long can you survive?)
I feel like there's a small typo where the O in "or maybe you took a bad fall" isn't capitalized.
Also, this is purely personal opinion, but I feel like the final line should be

"Will your survive, or will you perish?"
instead of "How long can you survive?"

The way it's currently worded makes it seem like death is inevitable. Admittedly, the proposed change really only has a point to it if you intend on including and endgame (and possible ways of 'beating' the game.)
This kind of stuff is also really only for the 'Polishing' stage, where you're trying to make everything as good as it can be.

Anyway, time to start playing. What's the bet I survive less than an hour?
Music and sound effects would be nice, but the lack of them is understandable.

Okay, for some more important stuff.

Noticed Spelling Errors: (These are things that are spelled wrong or have wrong grammar, rather than just based on opinion.)

Assassin is spelled 'Assasin' on the level up screen when allocating class points. (It is missing an s in the latter part of the name.)

Game Errors: (Stuff like crashing, missing effects etc.)

Right-clicking on abilities (the things in the hotbar) brings up an error report thingy for some reason. I sent a report, but I thought the circumstances were a lot more specific than they ended up being. I guess you just haven't added some stuff in, yet?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:29:14 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2015, 02:37:47 pm »

There is no end-game yet, so I think the intro text can stay as is.

The lack of music and sound is simply because I don't know what to use. I could probably re-use ToME's sounds, as the only thing that's fixed by license is the Shockbolt tileset.

And thanks a lot for spotting the assasin typo, uploading a commit right now which fixes it. (I'm not a native speaker of English and I've probably been making this typo for ever :P)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2015, 07:41:30 pm »

Yeah, if there's no end-game then it makes sense, but make sure to change it fi you do add an end-game. :v

Don't worry about it, I'm a native speaker of English and I used to make that mistake all the time.
The circle is complete.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:51 am »

That's right, metamagic feats are finally implemented, except for Enlarge Spell.

I still need to implement Enlarge and Quicken Spell, and apply the heightened spell point cost/use up higher level spell slots properly.

Regarding the 'configure' thing reported a few times, the hotbar's code is taken from ToME. I assume the 'configure' hint refers to auto-using talents. Which will probably come along in the future, but I'm not sure how quickly. For now, I will try to fish out the tooltip and remove the reference.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13