Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: The Republic: Tensions in Tarmavsol(Game thread)  (Read 9805 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic: Welcome to Tarmavsol (Game thread)
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 10:41:15 am »

John whistles

"Ms. Walker, I agree on all fronts, but I feel number 3 may be a little controversial for a first vote. I am not opposed to any of those, and I will vote yes to all, but I'm worried you might be sticking your hand in a hornets nest. As for number two, the requirements to qualify for those positions are the same for all genders, correct?"

"I don't know whether it would pass immediately, but I'd like to bring up it up as an important topic regardless. We're going to face inequality and social unrest until it is handled one way or another, as we are talking about roughly 5-12% of the total population's rights.
I believe that certain forces of the military explicitly exclude females from service."

"Now, miss Walker, I would say that we already have legislation that already covers your proposals, thereby rendering them redundant."

"This legislation you refer to being-?"

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2014, 10:47:28 am »

"Equality act, the specific parts you're requesting, being around paragraph 16 to paragraph 40."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2014, 10:53:33 am »

"You call this circle prestigious and you didn't even review those who would come in attendance? Then you tell me "someone wrote your name down with a spelling error"? An just to add insult..you say i'm here because of someone's good graces?" *Raul is not amused*

"Going forward i wish we all KNOW each others names by either reading or asking before hand to avoid the welfare queens mistake. In 10% the military budget would be strained even on border patrol, which is why i asked to create the new warrior project to off set the numbers a bit not create a standard army. I Don't understand miss, when i said children "not fit" for military service being shipped to standard orphanages and godparents did you get the idea that they'd be forced. Tell me did your teachers feel it normal when you passed class while not listening? I'll make sure you understand EVERY detail of EVERY plan this assembly see's or may my death bed early."

"Tell me however, how social service will keep our nation strong though *he sits back waiting* i'd like to hear more about putting the unemployed to work rather than giving them money so they don't starve. Even with your added 5% to the military from the Chairman's plans i find it hard to give you my support when i don't know a THING about the social services in this country."

"It's not an insult, but your family has strong internal ties with the military, does it not? Just pointing that fact out. And I apologized for that error already, it's the first time this assembly has conferred. Perhaps you're aides were in a hurry? Nevermind these spelling mistakes.
As for your revision, I can't recall you saying anything about that earlier, nor can I see it in the feed. Are you finished with your conscription initiative? If you're so confident in it, why not put it up to a vote? We are a Republic after all.

Social Services have reinforced this nation ever since they're implementation. The unemployment program helps get people jobs, not loaf around. I can see that being a member of the aristocracy meant that you never had to deal with unemployment or poverty, but for those that have, they know what it's like to live and have to fill out an extensive legal document to prove that they're continuing their search for work just to be able to eat and pay the rent for the next month. Anyone here who has ever been unemployed in-between jobs knows what I speak of. The amount of jobs created and sustained in this nation have seen an exponential increase ever since the implementation of these programs. If you don't know a thing about social services, I suggest you read up on current laws and legislation, like the rest of us have done.
If you think I eased through classes, please, speak to any of my teachers and get their word on my comprehensive Ph.D dissertations and how I "didn't listen" when I was writing it up. You are aware of how a dissertation works, Mr. Toss?"

"Pensions, unemployment, wards of the state, healthcare, a tiny bit of education, state housing, I'd assume. Anything else?"

"Can you elaborate more on each subject you'd like to hear about? They're all too deep and complex to explain as whole concepts in one sitting."

Walker clears his throat.

"Now, I've begun working on a few initiatives of my own, and would like to hear feedback from the assembly on them. These include:"

Discrimination Act - No public or private employer can discriminate against in employee on basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation and/or identification. This includes all Research, Industrial, and Military programs.
"This is only right for these people seeking a jobs. In addition to equality, we'd be able to create more jobs for the economy, and could pursue unethical businesses.

Military Gender Equality Act - Men and women both able to enter any branch of the Military that they qualify for, including special forces.
"Women have proved themselves to be as a capable as any other soldier in the battlefield. It is only right to let them serve in the armed forces in any manner equal to a man. From a military perspective, this would increase force numbers far more than the hypothetical New Warrior initiative, if one simply looks at statistics comparing women trying to apply for military positions compared to the number of abandoned and unwanted children."

Marriage Equality Act - Same-sex Marriages are given the same status and rights as Opposite-sex Marriages.
"I don't have much to say on this, unless there's any opposition."

*Raul is in shock at what he's just heard*

"Did you just say that i'm here because god, family, and some generals took pity on me? Did you just say that?"

*Raul walks over to Torri's desk and slaps her*

"I am Raul De Toss, never say that again or you'll have more than just a sting little girls."

*He stands his place looking Torri in the eye waiting to see the reaction*

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2014, 11:01:47 am »

"I'ma gonna stop you right there, hotshot. With all the obvious insults, overreactions, and just plain badness I've seen in you, I think I've come to a conclusion.

I don't like you.

Now, fly away little birdie, back to your nest before I knock your head off."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2014, 11:02:06 am »

*Raul is in shock at what he's just heard*

"Did you just say that i'm here because god, family, and some generals took pity on me? Did you just say that?"

*Raul walks over to Torri's desk and slaps her*

"I am Raul De Toss, never say that again or you'll have more than just a sting little girls."

*He stands his place looking Torri in the eye waiting to see the reaction*

Torri cusps the red area on her cheek.

"SECURITY! THIS MAN IS ASSAULTING ME!"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2014, 11:07:12 am »

"Security? The security here is useless, I managed to bring this in here for gods sake!"

John uncurls his fist, revealing a tiny pocket pistol.

"Please get on the ground, Sir Tosser."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2014, 11:15:39 am »

Sven gestures then turns himself to the door.

"Nope, fuck this. I'll come back when you lot can actually behave." He says, before storming off towards the door.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2014, 11:36:32 am »

"Security? The security here is useless, I managed to bring this in here for gods sake!"

John uncurls his fist, revealing a tiny pocket pistol.

"Please get on the ground, Sir Tosser."

*Raul looks at John's pistol with hints of fear*

"Haven't had a situation like this since the last war. Can you do it though? Or are you here to be the white virgin knight?"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2014, 11:42:38 am »

"Son, when you've killed over a hundred men, face to face, some of them with families sitting right there, you get used to it. The question isn't "can" I do it. I could kill you before you even blinked, and it would just be one more face in a sea of others. The question is, will I?

You might be a brat, but you'll do some good things someday. I'd prefer you do them aboveground."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2014, 11:46:41 am »

"Son, when you've killed over a hundred men, face to face, some of them with families sitting right there, you get used to it. The question isn't "can" I do it. I could kill you before you even blinked, and it would just be one more face in a sea of others. The question is, will I?

You might be a brat, but you'll do some good things someday. I'd prefer you do them aboveground."

"Ahhh a scholar just like my old man."

*raul puts his hands up*

"I don't see myself dauntless enough to engage you with your pee shooter on hand. But i refuse to die not standing up or seeing my assailent, sorry it's a prefrence if you can understand that?"

*Raul then turns his head to Torri with a  ;D face*

"What do you think little welfare queen? Prelude to war? your 18% vs the rest of the country? Or will you try to decapitate the enemy while he's defenseless?

Honestly it's your only chance to do it."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2014, 11:50:47 am »

"Where are you getting those numbers? Those make no sense."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2014, 11:53:29 am »

"You have just assaulted a member of the assembly! You have no legal authority right now! You are a criminal and subject to the authorities!

John, I'm very thankful that you'd defend me and all the others, but it's not worth going to prison for!"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2014, 11:57:32 am »

"Sir Tosser, please get on the floor so security can take you away."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2014, 12:08:13 pm »

"Did i say 18%? oh i meant *he air quotes 5%-12% of the total population The welfare queen represents. As for prison...well then let's see who the people support a rational man who gives facts and does not lie down when a gun is put in his face, as he defends himself from the welfare queen's little utopian project. How can we stand together  as a nation when you support different people to stay different? In the end they must assimilate or they will never see true freedom in this country or ANY country for that matter. Besides Torri i am a member of the assembly and that was just a lovetap *he he laughs like a maniac*. As for you John i am going to walk out with dignity or your going to shoot me in the back. Whether you want to add to your dreams now is in your hands. Figuratively and literally."

*Raul keeps his hands up and walks back towards a door. He slowly turns around to open the door-*

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2014, 12:13:27 pm »

"Outside that door is a squad of 4 fully armed soldiers. They have, by this point, been ordered to arrest you. You walk out that door, you end up face down before you can blink. You don't walk out that door, they take it down with... The squad leader wasn't clear, either a battering ram or plastic. Anyway, how dignified can you look, face down in the lobby?"

He whispers into the headset he's wearing.

"Time to return those favors, boys. I was never here."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8