Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: The Republic: Tensions in Tarmavsol(Game thread)  (Read 9797 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
The Republic: Tensions in Tarmavsol(Game thread)
« on: April 18, 2014, 05:32:49 am »

OOC and sign-up

Fellow members of the Assembly, as you by now have obviously heard, the United Federation to the East of our borders is suffering from an internal rebellion. While this would normally not be of our concern, we have received word that the Eden station in their borders has been damaged, or even destroyed. This is a matter of utmost importance, as the Geo-engineering Unit in Tarmavsol has been out of operation for the last 3 years, as a result of subsidence of essential infrastructure.

Additionally, we have received word that a storm has flooded the mines of the Calgari Conglomerate, located further North. Prices on the international markets have spiked, putting our own limited supply in danger.

These are the most immediate issues, but as always the start of the new year also requires various formalities to be handled, such as deciding budgets for Science and Industry, as well military modernization projects.

Urgent Issues
Resource Supply
Damaged Eden Substation
Decide on Research Projects
Other things

(OOC: Not completely finished. Nothing to stop you from discussing stuff and proposing assembly resolutions already. Everything will be finished before the votes occur. Including a map.)

Rules

Spoiler: General Note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 02:38:22 pm by 10ebbor10 »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic: Welcome to Tarmavsol (Game thread)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:38:11 pm »

Raul looks around to see if anyone is still on  :o moments. After seeing so he decides the best way to start is with a bit of a spark.

"There is no telling how much we can lose in lives and infrastructure due bad weather. I propose we send an envoy asking for their consideration in letting us foot the bill to repair the station. The rebels be damned and we should do what we can to avoid contact with them. If need be we shall use military force to help push the rebels for the Eden station is of the utmost importance to our country."

"Secondly, I'd like to put the following budget into play. Research at 30%, Industry at 30%, and an expansion and military readiness campaign for the military at 40%. We cannot leave our borders undefended."

As he finishes he looks around..what evils does this new life have for my country?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:19:52 pm »

PTW. (It's going to be interesting to see how this goes)
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 03:10:53 pm »

PTW

Edit: On second thought, I shouldn't have posted here if I don't actually play...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:46:37 pm by Mr. Strange »
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 03:22:01 pm »

" So you would respond to golden Economic Opportunities with a build up of military? But of course what else could be expected from you narrowminded jingoists. Only seeing your own well being, plundering this country out.

What we need is not a military buildup but economic expansion. With the Calgari Conglomerate out of the picture we have a golden opportunity to expand our own Mining Ventures and thus establish ourselves as the new Main Supplier in Iron and Copper.

Avoiding the Rebels is ridiculous aswell. We have no beef with either side and thus should make sure to establish us as neutral party in this situation and make sure that none of both parties attacks us while we repair the station.

But more importantly we need to get our own Eden Stations fixed. Thus i propose the following Budget as opposed to the Captain:

50% into Research, most importantly the restoration of the Eden Stations. 40% into Economy going into establishment of new Mines and 10% into our Military. There is no reason to expand it more than necessary.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 03:27:24 pm »

"In the essence of the eden station, I would say getting it operational again would be of prime concern to us, regardless of the controller of it and that any means are to be used in securing the facility so it can be repaired.

Now, in regards to our budget, I would say that 25% be devoted to research and industrial projects, 10% to the military and 40% into social services. At this time we cannot neglect the development of our nation. I would also propose sending out surveyors into "dead" land for suitable locations for new eden stations."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 05:49:08 pm »

John stands up, rather shakily, with a look in his eye that gives you a feeling that he has seen far more then many old, old men.

"I know good men who have DIED over your silly "golden opportunities." There are brave men, right outside those doors, volunteering to live, and, yes, die, by your every word! This is not a military buildup, this is giving those brave men what they need to survive! This is MODERNIZATION, NOT MOBILIZATION!"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 06:03:35 pm »

" So you would respond to golden Economic Opportunities with a build up of military? But of course what else could be expected from you narrowminded jingoists. Only seeing your own well being, plundering this country out.

What we need is not a military buildup but economic expansion. With the Calgari Conglomerate out of the picture we have a golden opportunity to expand our own Mining Ventures and thus establish ourselves as the new Main Supplier in Iron and Copper.

Avoiding the Rebels is ridiculous aswell. We have no beef with either side and thus should make sure to establish us as neutral party in this situation and make sure that none of both parties attacks us while we repair the station.

But more importantly we need to get our own Eden Stations fixed. Thus i propose the following Budget as opposed to the Captain:

50% into Research, most importantly the restoration of the Eden Stations. 40% into Economy going into establishment of new Mines and 10% into our Military. There is no reason to expand it more than necessary.

"If you want to strike the earth for materials then fine by me but can we really use our scientist to fix that eden station?"

"Oh and whoever said 40% into social services please know i can never vote in that budget plan. The Republic moves FORWARD not stagnate,. Also if the Military budget is going to be so low then i'd like to pass a certain resolution for conscription.

"The "New Warrior" Initiative. Basically any children babies not desired by parents can be turned into a military center for raising. The Children will of course be clothed, fed, washed, and instructed at public schools just like any other child and at 18 they will begin Military service for 4 years. This will not only keep a constant pool of fresh recruits but will keep down costs so the Chairman's industrial projects aren't touched too much. I would also like 15% of that research dedicated to better mobile armor forces. By the way Chairman i'd like it if you wouldn't call me narrow minded it hurts my feelings."

Raul looks at Arseni with challenging eyes but knows he won't object to the Initiative.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 06:05:20 pm by 3man75 »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 06:18:27 pm »

"I will back Mr. Mikhaelovitsch budget plan. Restoration of the eastern Eden substation is of utmost importance. I morally and formally object to conscription in any way shape or form. Such foolishness is narrowminded to the point of dangerousness."
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 06:19:00 pm »

John smiles, although you can't really tell if it's genuine or not.

(referring to 3man)

"Personally, I don't like that idea very much. War is horrible, and I feel they should at least have a choice. Maybe make it a general Wards of the State program, where they're cared for until 18, and then they chose?"
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 06:26:05 pm »

"If your your plan of moving forward means wasting the majority on our funds on militray expansion then I say someone has messed with not only your sense of direction, that your kinaesthetic senses are irreparably damaged. Providing services for our people, not just the military is what we are obligated to do."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 06:35:13 pm »

"It's not moral says the scientist who cares nothing for anything in this world but research and results. War is horrible indeed gentleman but we are part of an assembly of human, we are NOT part of Zeus court of godly powers. The protection of our people and making sure that in these 4 years our military is more than just glorified border watch is of the utmost importance. Have we not seen so many bloody wars in the past {this is the dark ages remember this OOC and IC}? Tarmavsol a jewel that i want to keep shining in this darkness for i believe we will be the model nation that will take humanity out of this fog of fires and darkness. Also not that i'm saying this to scare anyone but those rebels could spill to our side of the border for protection should the war turn sour for them. We must be careful they're not going to bandit our private sectors while were putting funds to work in them."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 06:37:42 pm »

"Yes, but we can get soldiers without resorting to conscription. Forcing a man to leave his family, leave his life, to see his comrades die beside him, and to quite possibly never return? I would never resort to that."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 06:39:58 pm »

"Yes, but we can get soldiers without resorting to conscription. Forcing a man to leave his family, leave his life, to see his comrades die beside him, and to quite possibly never return? I would never resort to that."

*Facepalm*

"The children will not be leaving their families. There families left THEM remember? So many of these children become thugs on the street after 18 and we NEED to find them a better life because traditional methods aren't working. This program will put confidence in them and it's not like there not going to the EXACT same school's as other children."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 06:46:51 pm »

*Facepalm*

"The children will not be leaving their families. There families left THEM remember? So many of these children become thugs on the street after 18 and we NEED to find them a better life because traditional methods aren't working. This program will put confidence in them and it's not like there not going to the EXACT same school's as other children."
"I wasn't talking about the children. I was talking about the others this will lead to. After this passes, you'll feel more confident. You'll pass bill after bill, and eventually, national service. But, back to the children, I feel like they should at least have a chance to take some other path after school. Conscription, no matter how good you try to pass it off as, is not a good thing."

(Two more logical reasons I don't like this. 1: Cost of raising a child, in the US: $241,080. 2: 18 years.)
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8