Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: The Republic: Tensions in Tarmavsol(Game thread)  (Read 9789 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic: Welcome to Tarmavsol (Game thread)
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 05:44:28 am »

Gentlemen you have seen the reports and while i say we welcome these refugees i'd also say we immediately integrate them into the Expansion of the Industry. Forgood or for bad we need to expand it, the Eden Project alone is costing us twice as much resources than we produce. Not to mention your costly rangings in the North.

I thus Put forward the Mining and Industry Expansion Act:

First of All we invest our remaining Government Budget for the Term into the Modernization, Expansion and the Efficiency of our Industry, specifically Mining.
Secondly all refugees are allowed into our Country and can work at a reduced wage at the New Mines until the Civil War in the East has died down.

that is all.

Spoiler:  Mine own Orders (click to show/hide)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 07:20:50 am »

"I would advice against annexing the destabilized region where the immigrants come from. Not only does it have the potential to put us at odds with the United Federation but we don't that the Military manpower to take and hold it. All Military forces are here, reserved in the Capital and it would take time to recruit new soldiers just for this endeavor.

By the Can we actually feed all of these immigrants?"

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2014, 09:33:11 am »

My esteemed colleague perhaps did not understand the report. The refugees are fleeing the region to the east. The lands our surveyors have deemed ripe for annexation are to the north and under the ostensible control of the Northern Dominion, not the United Federation. However, this lawlessness on two of our borders gives me great concern. As military man myself, Assemblyman De Toss,  I understand how you feel when looking upon the brave soldiers of Tarmavsol, but our forces are needed in the East, to stem the tide of refugees. Perhaps you will be amiable to letting the tanks stay and maybe just three units of regular infantry from going? Only to control crowds and protect our farms from this mass of refugees you see so concerned about feeding. Dont worry, the Devastator, our armor, two full units of regular infantry, and our strike aircraft will remain here in the capitol. We will be quite safe.

As to the matter of feeding the refugee population we currently seem to be producing an excess of grain, 42 units, capable of feeding about 4 million people. I propose we authorize up to 10 units of this surplus to be distributed to the refugees by the army units I suggested moving into the area. These units can also help setting up housing for the refugees near the mines. We must lead this horse to water if we are to benefit from it's labors.

Secondly, we must send a diplomat to the Northern Dominion. This diplomat should discuss the concerns we have with the raiding problem and lawlessness occurring just across our northern border. Can we truly stand by and watch our fellow people suffer, just because some imaginary line on a map separates them from the capitol?

Thirdly, the matter of resource expenditures is of great concern. I believe we should suspend any more exploration in the northern areas until we hear back from the diplomatic mission. I had no idea it would cost so much. The Eden Station must be repaired and our resource base improved.

Spoiler:  Own Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:48:22 am by thobal »
Signature goes here.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 11:52:52 am »

My esteemed colleague perhaps did not understand the report. The refugees are fleeing the region to the east. The lands our surveyors have deemed ripe for annexation are to the north and under the ostensible control of the Northern Dominion, not the United Federation. However, this lawlessness on two of our borders gives me great concern. As military man myself, Assemblyman De Toss,  I understand how you feel when looking upon the brave soldiers of Tarmavsol, but our forces are needed in the East, to stem the tide of refugees. Perhaps you will be amiable to letting the tanks stay and maybe just three units of regular infantry from going? Only to control crowds and protect our farms from this mass of refugees you see so concerned about feeding. Dont worry, the Devastator, our armor, two full units of regular infantry, and our strike aircraft will remain here in the capitol. We will be quite safe.

As to the matter of feeding the refugee population we currently seem to be producing an excess of grain, 42 units, capable of feeding about 4 million people. I propose we authorize up to 10 units of this surplus to be distributed to the refugees by the army units I suggested moving into the area. These units can also help setting up housing for the refugees near the mines. We must lead this horse to water if we are to benefit from it's labors.

Secondly, we must send a diplomat to the Northern Dominion. This diplomat should discuss the concerns we have with the raiding problem and lawlessness occurring just across our northern border. Can we truly stand by and watch our fellow people suffer, just because some imaginary line on a map separates them from the capitol?

Thirdly, the matter of resource expenditures is of great concern. I believe we should suspend any more exploration in the northern areas until we hear back from the diplomatic mission. I had no idea it would cost so much. The Eden Station must be repaired and our resource base improved.

Spoiler:  Own Actions (click to show/hide)

"My mistake i misheard the transmission. Although i would warn why we shouldn't spread out our military too thinly, there ARE times of exceptions. I as a member of this assembly support the acts as made. However, work is not enough and these refugees will need actual living space so i propose the: EMERGENCY REFUGE HOUSING ACT to allocate 50 tracks of wildlands to become low apartment buildings. Not only will it keep them houses but they're are mines they can go to for work."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 01:12:40 pm »

"First off, I would like to state that the state of our mining industry has reached the point where it can sustain the Eden project and we can continue to support it. Furthermore, given the state of the deposits in that area, I would suggest that we do invest in streamlining and making the industry more efficient. However, I will not support any method that relies on undercutting existing wages, as that leads into not only our own workers being snubbed through the cost of utilising them, but also dehumanises the refugees. Thus, they are to be paid at the standard rate, no exceptions.

Next, I would say it would be prudent to start focusing upon our northern borders. Between our inadequate mineral deposits, The atrocities being committed upon the people there and the threat of banditry crossing the border, I would classify it a priority to ensure we secure it as quickly as we can.

Now, onto the issue of the federation, I would say we need to take that Eden station before the environmental conditions become worse and the station is unable to be repaired, regardless of the means used to secure it. And back onto the topic of the refugees, Allocating that much land to new housing would be preposterous, and such a city would rival the capital in size as well. However, I'm not against allocating some (12-25 tiles) of land per province for a provincial capital. That would make the administration of such areas easier and allow for limited industry to also be constructed there.

There is also the issue that the university is not operating at it's full capacity, we cannot allow such a thing to happen. Any project that's conceivable would be good enough so long as we never allow it to remain idle."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2014, 01:21:09 pm »

"We most certainly have more than enough food to accomodate the refugees, so that's not an issue. Housing is, however, so I will support Acts to build housing and provide work for them. But numbers shouldn't be thrown around without knowledge of the situation. A study should be conducted to learn how much appartments do we need to build. Construction will begin as the study progress, rather than when it is finished, so as to reduce the waiting time.

As for the university, maybe we could start reverse-engineering our Combat Walker. Much could be learned from it."
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2014, 02:13:35 pm »

"While reverse-engineering such a thing would yield benefits, it should be done in a way that leaves it intact. Even if tearing it apart would allow us to construct more, we likely do not have the material available to us for such a project. But if we can get enough knowledge to restore it to full operational status, we'd have a terrifying weapon that could likely be as useful for diplomacy and propaganda as much as it would be in combat.

I would also take a minute to also suggest we upgrade our existing militia forces, the extra training would be worthwhile for them and would stiffen the garrisons of the provinces considerably.

And one last thing, I do suspect we do need to do something about the slums on the outskirts of the city, along with a lot of the old, crumbling tenement blocks that dot the cityscape."

Spoiler: Readiness Act (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Provincial Towns Act (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Refugee Act (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mineral Resources Act (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Devastator Project (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Refurbishment Act (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 02:33:51 pm by Taricus »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2014, 02:23:23 pm »

" I Support the readiness act and the Devastator project BUT any scientist assigned to it must must be a citizen and must consent that should they harm the machine they'll be fined 1000 credits and be liable for sabotage. Again, i support this for it makes sense but this walker IS a national resource onto itself and we must take measurements to ensure it's safety. I currently, am considering the Refugee act and the Refurbishment Act.

Currently that act allows for refugees to stay without giving up ties to the civil war and that is not acceptable. As for the slums, i am not a street architect so i cannot give my pro or against stance here, for it would ungentlemanly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2014, 02:26:47 pm »

"I believe you misread that proposal. They are allowed in ONLY if they cut their ties in regards to the civil war. As for the Devastator project, I was not aware we had any foreign scientists here. As for fining them 1000 credits, that seems preposterous, especially considering that you're also through a charge of terrorism into the mix."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 02:33:06 pm by Taricus »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2014, 02:32:08 pm »

"I believe you misread that proposal. They are allowed in ONLY if they cut their ties in regards to the civil war. As for the Devastator project, I was not aware we had any foreign scientists here. As for fining them 1000 creditsw, that seems preposterous, especially considering that you're also through a charge of terrorism into the mix."

"1000 credits if they harm the machine. If they don't harm the machine, well, as the saying goes "no harm no foul". Please revise the Refugee act to be legible that the refugee's need to give up ties in order to stay and i will support it."

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2014, 04:01:22 pm »

"I believe you misread that proposal. They are allowed in ONLY if they cut their ties in regards to the civil war. As for the Devastator project, I was not aware we had any foreign scientists here. As for fining them 1000 creditsw, that seems preposterous, especially considering that you're also through a charge of terrorism into the mix."

"1000 credits if they harm the machine. If they don't harm the machine, well, as the saying goes "no harm no foul". Please revise the Refugee act to be legible that the refugee's need to give up ties in order to stay and i will support it."

1000 credits is an absurd sum. No one would ever be able to repay it. It's the monthly budget of our entire country. You might as well just shoot them, no one would take such a risk.

Signature goes here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2014, 04:12:09 pm »

"Right, reread it, and tell me if it's acceptable to you."

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2014, 04:13:45 pm »

1000 credits is an absurd sum. No one would ever be able to repay it. It's the monthly budget of our entire country. You might as well just shoot them, no one would take such a risk.

"Our Government has 4000 credits in reserve, HOWEVER please remember this goverment has been in power for 2 days. I'm sure they'll be able to pay back the fines eventually. Or if you really hate that number how about 100 credits?"

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2014, 12:53:08 am »

"I personally guarantee that the Walker will stay functional. That is all."
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2014, 08:28:12 pm »

Since I believe this is the last of our business i daresay we should start the Full voting process, Unless someone has a question or point to raise about something related to today.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8