Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Child bug or not????  (Read 638 times)

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Child bug or not????
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:51:40 am »

What do you think?
Sorry for Grammar.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Child bug or not????
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:58:22 am »

That's a pretty old kid... Is she working? Can you set her professions?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:59:45 am »

Easy.

This is a known bug. people don't grow up after world gen, except in your fort. You can have migrants that had less than 12 years when world gen stopped, and have not grown. They Grow up in the first birthdat after coming to the fort.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:01:41 am »

Oh.She become peasant in Her birthday.
Sorry for Grammar.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:04:41 am »

Easy.

This is a known bug. people don't grow up after world gen, except in your fort. You can have migrants that had less than 12 years when world gen stopped, and have not grown. They Grow up in the first birthdat after coming to the fort.
Really? I almost never get historical people to come to my fort, let alone one of those weird scenarios... On the bad side I only get a vampire once in a RL month...

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 11:15:02 am »

Easy.

Really? I almost never get historical people to come to my fort, let alone one of those weird scenarios... On the bad side I only get a vampire once in a RL month...
In version 0.34.01 and later, pretty much ALL migrants are historical figures (unless you've somehow depleted your entire civilization's abstract population) - it was only in 0.31.25 and earlier that they were consistently created from scratch the moment they arrived at the map edge.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 07:09:17 pm »

In version 0.34.01 and later, pretty much ALL migrants are historical figures (unless you've somehow depleted your entire civilization's abstract population) - it was only in 0.31.25 and earlier that they were consistently created from scratch the moment they arrived at the map edge.
I got a world with only one dwarf civ, and they apparently got no citizens... Maybe they were killed by someone other than the goblins, since civs destroyed by war cease to exist on the list.
But it has quite a few good spots to embark, so I tried anyway, and it worked, the game don't seem to give many craps about were the migrants come from...