Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: The War of the Elements [TSG] This game is very, very dead.  (Read 20754 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: The War of the Elements [TSG] Part 2: First Blood
« Reply #240 on: July 11, 2014, 04:29:55 am »

You know, I don't really remember what games we were updating.
((It was a nameless RtD that Knoton was running))
Wouldn't if the spirit is tied to us, and whoever the master is can control the spirit, wouldn't that give the person who is the spirits master control of us?
No. The Spirit's master doesn't have direct control over him, and even then, the master can't directly perceive the world, and it takes time for the Spirit to report back to his master, not to mention having to leave the host. Interestingly, though, that is one thing he can do without dragging you along with him.
We just used a tablet to chat. Can we seriously think of no way to update our forums games? This is disgraceful, we are the most incompetent possession spirit ever.
Hm. I was hoping you hand't realized your nature yet. Ah well.
What spirit?
Good, you aren't terribly well informed yourself. This makes my job much easier.
Well. Um. Ok, this makes things easier, I guess. Or harder, depending on how much of ability to problem-solve comes from the host. Seriously, how are we supposed to update our games when we're stuck in the head of an idiot?
As far as I know, anything along the lines of problem solving or cleverness is solely your domain; very few hosts have any say in what's going on, and those such as I still tend to be mainly subject to the whims of the possessor.
You hear, just barely, footsteps coming from above you.
Hm. Lost track of the time. Anyways, it won't be long now; If you've got a last question for me to answer, now is the time to ask it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:33:08 am by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 11, 2014, 04:36:48 am »

Who is the spirit's master and why it or he or malevolent in your view?

Also what will happen to you?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 11, 2014, 05:17:33 am »

Who is the spirit's master and why it or he or malevolent in your view?

Also what will happen to you?
I have no idea what it's name is, but I think it's a deity of some sort. Being one of the transcendent, and one who can recall the Transcendental Plane while it was still alive, I know it isn't a fellow transcendent. It's far, far too powerful to be from the Mortal Plane. Therefore, it must be a native of the Deific Plane, or from another plane beyond our comprehension.
It's malevolent, because while the other deities want to remake the world in their image, or apply their influence to the world, it only wants utter oblivion. Until the world is completely destabilized and forced into nonexistence, it won't rest.
As for my Fate, I'm not entirely sure. I assume I'll die. Masou is going to stumble across the cave entrance, attack me, win easily in the ensuing fight, and then my memories end, presumably due to death.

A silhouetted figure jumps in front of the entrance to the cave, holding a morningstar. He creeps forward slowly, and he projects an aura of burning heat, even greater than the native temperature of the Volcanoes.

"Heheheh...Look what I found...

Right on cue.

You draw your blade, and prepare to face him in the inevitable fight, though it's only token resistance.
Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 11, 2014, 12:10:42 pm »

Put away the blade, have a chat with him about his favorite foods and other things, see if we can befriend him, if he is going to kill you anyways then at least we might get a bit of data from it, although generally when you talk and befriend killers, they are less likely to try to kill you. Give it your best shot. Normally people aren't malevolent for no reason, his childhood might have caused this, neglectful parents, maybe he just needs a hug or several.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 11, 2014, 04:19:58 pm »

Put away the blade, have a chat with him about his favorite foods and other things, see if we can befriend him, if he is going to kill you anyways then at least we might get a bit of data from it, although generally when you talk and befriend killers, they are less likely to try to kill you. Give it your best shot. Normally people aren't malevolent for no reason, his childhood might have caused this, neglectful parents, maybe he just needs a hug or several.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
  • The ever evolving and malleable me
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 11, 2014, 04:41:13 pm »

Riiiiight.... Stick a flower in the barrel of his gun too.... That'll stop the violence.  Screw hippy peace.... Go out stabbin!
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2014, 04:46:09 pm »

Well, I'm going to die anyways. Might as well do something stupid while I'm at it.

You sheathe your sword, and attempt to greet Masou.

"Hello. What's your favorite food?"

He hefts his morningstar, and you catch a good look at it: It's made of a solid black material, with veins of bright red pulsing through it. The tip of each spike glows and burns, as though red hot. [Autohit (Surprised)] [1+2+8+2 Surprised +5 Enchantment] Meanwhile, his scorching aura begins to burn your flesh [2].

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2014, 04:49:03 pm »

Damn hippies....
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2014, 04:54:01 pm »

"Oi, relax, I know you're probably going to kill me anyways, I would rather talk to someone before I die and you seem to be the only person available right now. No reason to pointlessly attack you with no real hope of success."

Attempt to dodge attacks. Attempt to talk him down.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2014, 04:55:17 pm »

"Oi, relax, I know you're probably going to kill me anyways, I would rather talk to someone before I die and you seem to be the only person available right now. No reason to pointlessly attack you with no real hope of success."

Attempt to dodge attacks. Attempt to talk him down.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2014, 05:16:47 pm »

((Okay, bit of an OOC tip: If you want to dodge, draw your sword. For purposes of game mechanics, a hit is considered to be a Surprise hit (Granting autohit and +2 damage) if the target doesn't have any form of weapon readied (Or, in the case of unarmed fighters, if they're not in any kind of stance). It's odd, I know, but it's unambiguous and simple to remember.))

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2014, 12:17:30 am »

Masou continues giggling like a maniac, which he probably is, and a green, entrancing aura surrounds him for a moment. As he raises his morningstar once more, the glow quickly jumps from him and up to the mace points, which light up like stars on the mace. [2-2 Subjugate] [2+9+10-3 Subjugate] You attempt to dodge, but can't move yourself from where you're standing. The glow seems to burn even brighter, and continues further. It hurts. It burns. But you can't look away. Slowly, it fades away to darkness. You panic, try to reach out for the light, but you can't move. You can't breathe, either. The darkness envelops you completely, and you find yourself unaware of anything but the absolute, cold oblivion.
Ouch. That was...Brutal. I like this Masou guy. Too bad Master won't let me hang around Team Dark. So, my ever-tiresome parasite, where to next?

Vivian [Present]
Cain [Present]
Knoton[Present]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2014, 12:59:58 am »

Go Vivian.. new person... Or go Knoton so we can stab Cain in the liver

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2014, 11:57:06 am »

Vivian. It will be interesting trying to discover her class.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:59:16 am by The Froggy Ninja »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 13, 2014, 07:20:17 pm »

Hm...Vivian, huh? Can't say I can recall anything about her. Here's hoping you haven't screwed up yet again!
You find yourself sitting at the base of a huge tree. It reaches up at least 30 feet, but even then, in comparison to the rest of the forest, it doesn't stand out much. The goal you've been travelling towards for some time now is the towering, unfathomable tree standing in what you assume is the center of the Jungle. It's at least a mile high, and touches a few low-hanging clouds. You're not sure how, but you know that it's important. You were living in an odd hut you found before, but set out shortly after finding your current weapon, a thin, long spear. It's fairly plain, but it gets the job done well. You haven't contacted Knoton or Cain in a while, and you've been thinking of checking in, but you'd like to get over to the tree first.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19