Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: The War of the Elements [TSG] This game is very, very dead.  (Read 20770 times)

dawnstar

• Bay Watcher
  • Chaos, panic, disorder...my work here is done.
    • View Profile
Re: The War of the Elements [TSG] Part 2: First Blood
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2014, 12:49:34 pm »

Posture like a bad ass and taunted fish monster... Then.... Run like a bitch
YES

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2014, 07:20:08 am »

You stand atop the fish, looking glorious. The world stands in hushed silence as you, God of Coffee, Disciple of Air, stand atop your well-earned prize, and declare to all your possession of it.

Then the fish lurches forward and you fall into a shallow puddle. Oh well. You think you can hear Cain laughing a little as you run to catch up to him. Soon, he begins talking.
"I found this down there. I thought you might like it.
He hands you a dagger with an odd crimson tint to the blade, and a hilt made of what looks to be cherry wood. There's an otherworldly sense of power and magic coming from it, though.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
  • The ever evolving and malleable me
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2014, 11:21:08 am »

Thank Cain and ask where to now?
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2014, 08:45:10 pm »

You thank Cain (Quite unbecoming for a god such as you, in your personal opinion, which is obviously correct because you're a god) and take the dagger. There's two small holes going down the blade near the point. Now that you're holding the blade, the aura of power coming from it begins to feel more substantial, and it almost makes you feel uncomfortable. Finally, you manage to break your attention away from the dagger, and talk to Cain once more.
"So...Where exactly are we going?"
"An encampment I set up a while back. It seems to be some kind of mining shack. I've got supplies and a couple of bedrolls in there."
You walk in silence for some time, before coming upon the shack, though shack isn't the right word. "Shack" implies disorder, dirtiness, and being crudely built; this building defined it. Pretty much every surface was covered with powdered rock, dirt, or coal, and it seemed to lean at an almost 45 degree angle. It looks like it had windows and a door, too, once upon a time, when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth.
"Not exactly home-sweet-home, huh? Still, though, it's got some decent room, since there's a decently sized basement down there, and I store most of my stuff there. Not the food and drink, though. I'd quite like to not catch any ancient plagues."
Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2014, 11:46:56 pm »

Loot everything of value that we pass by.

Stab the wall.

Follow Cain.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2014, 02:29:07 am »

Look upon cain's shack with disdain... "you live here?"
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2014, 09:05:16 pm »

"...You live here?"
"It's here, or the cave floor. I prefer here."
You enter the shack, and begin to steal anything of value. However, there's precisely nothing that fits your very loose criteria of "valuable". Instead, you flip out and stab the wall. Cain looks to be mildly surprised. At best.
"Of course. If you're done menacing my home, there's a bedroll down in the basement. Now, do you have any other questions for me, tell them now or I'm going to sleep. Hint: The correct answer here is 'No, Cain, you can go to sleep now because you just figured out what the inside of demonic murderous fish manifestation is like.'"

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2014, 09:09:51 pm »

Yea, yea... Woe is me... Swallowed by a fish monster... Blah blah. Fine then, get yer sleep. ~check yer coffee supply then head off to said sleeping bag to get yer own sleep~

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2014, 09:14:14 pm »

Sleep is for the weak. We must gain precise wind based telekinesis.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2014, 09:19:43 pm »

Correction... Sleep is for the mt mp.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2014, 09:21:25 pm »

Manifest windtelekinisis.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2014, 12:22:21 am »

You let Cain go off to bed, while you try to manifest windtelekinesis. You feel that that's something you can't do, even if you did have any MP left. As such, you go down to the basement, take a bedroll, and set it up on the floor in the shack. It's still cold, uncomfortable as all hell, and feels like you're sleeping on a bed of nails, but you're tired enough that you still fall asleep almost instantly.

You find yourself in the throne room of the castle, standing before the god-king himself. He dwarfs everything in the room, and everything about Him implies unspeakable power. Even sitting, He's at least 20 feet tall, and He's of massively muscular physique. His face bears the scars of centuries of battles. Propped against the warrior-king's throne is His beloved battleaxe, Förgyin. It is said that the blade of the axe carries the souls of all it slays to empower it.
Quickly overcoming the initial shock of seeing Him in the flesh, you kneel in respect, as is custom.
Milord!
What do you wish of me?
And what might that be?
...Very well.
With that, you leave, your mind heavy with your new responsibilities.

You wake up in a cold sweat, your hand clenched around the Crimson Kris. From the snores emanating from Cain's bed, you'd say he's still entirely asleep.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2014, 01:11:13 am »

~examine the kris carefully~ me thinks we need to ditch this knife

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2014, 10:21:00 pm »

You take a close look at the Crimson Kris, suspecting it for whatever that dream was about. However, you find little interesting. The two holes are stained a dark red, while the entire blade looks like it's made of a slightly red-tinted metal. The uncanny feeling of power remains, though.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2014, 01:19:42 am »

Stab the knife into the wall and leave it there... Then wake Cain and tell him about the dream and question him about the Kris
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19