Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: The War of the Elements [TSG] This game is very, very dead.  (Read 20775 times)

daemen

• Bay Watcher
  • The ever evolving and malleable me
    • View Profile
Re: The War of the Elements [TSG] Part 2: First Blood
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2014, 07:08:06 pm »

!! I forgot, we must needs pre battle coffee lest we anger ourself with our failure to pay homage to the coffee god!
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2014, 07:19:18 pm »

"That's funny, I don't remember you saying you were taking me to fight some lake monster. In fact, I seem to remember you saying you'd show us your powers when we reached water."
Gesture for him to precede us.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2014, 07:22:25 pm »

"That's funny, I don't remember you saying you were taking me to fight some lake monster. In fact, I seem to remember you saying you'd show us your powers when we reached water."
Gesture for him to precede us.

Also say "Your withholding of information shall not be forgotten mortal.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2014, 07:35:03 pm »

! Maybe Cain summoned said lake monster... His element is water after all... Maybe we should focus on him?
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2014, 07:44:03 pm »

! Maybe Cain summoned said lake monster... His element is water after all... Maybe we should focus on him?

I agree just because we are insane does not mean we should be reckless let's keep our eye's on him and he has to enter first.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2014, 07:52:03 pm »

Once we see what it is we can better judge how to fight it but for now I saw we go vacuum! Create a small vacuum in front of it's face to suffocate it or on front of an eyes to suck it's eyeballs out. Manipulation spells used offensively rather than try to force offensive spells out of thin air... Har har
+1

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2014, 05:57:55 pm »

"That's funny, I don't remember you saying you were taking me to fight some lake monster. In fact, I seem to remember you saying you'd show us your powers when we reached water. Your withholding of information shall not be forgotten mortal."
You gesture towards the lake impatiently.
"Oh, shut up with that, will you? Now, have some patience. You don't seem to have much faith for a "god".
Cain takes a planted stance that seems rather defensive, and closes his eyes. A few seconds later, he opens them again and mutters a few words under his breath. He brings his hand up, and the shadows in the room begin to coalesce into the form of a book. Within a second, it's fully formed, and he begins to shout the words written in it.
"Visalis nohn Yalaved!"
A large bulge of water appears in the center of the lake, and suddenly flies upwards as the final word echoes throughout the room. It flies into a huge column, and bashes the creature in it on the ceiling [3+2 Aura]. You catch your first look at the creature. It's a large fish-like creature, with three dark red eyes glowing dimly in a row. The thing's scales are a deep green, with reddish-orange fins jutting out from the sides. Cain begins speaking once more.
"Visalis nohn har!"
The water roils for a moment, before several spears of water fire out and hit the creature. One disintegrates mid-flight, but the rest strike true [4 spears, 1+2+2+2+2 Aura]. The creature seems pretty badly wounded. It lands in the water, dives down, and lets out another shriek. A massive wave rises from the lake, and pulls both of you in. You have the presence of mind to make an air snorkel thing. Cain, on the other hand, doesn't seem to mind the water at all. However, you both get somewhat cut up by the rocks. [1][1] Both of you make it through with minimal damage, though.
You try to make a vacuum in front of it's eye or mouth. You do manage to kinda make a small vacuum around the mouth, but remember that it's a fish. It has gills. Also, the eyes would appear to be made for deep-water pressure; trying to use a vacuum to suck it out would probably ineffective at best.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2014, 06:07:42 pm »

We could try and make a vortex/tornado in or above the water closest we can get to making a whirlpool.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2014, 06:21:19 pm »

Let's not do that while we're in the water though...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2014, 06:23:35 pm »

We could try a ranged Graceless Flight on it so we can move it to the shore and try to dry it out with a wind spell.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2014, 06:26:40 pm »

We could try a ranged Graceless Flight on it so we can move it to the shore and try to dry it out with a wind spell.

+1. If we can't then i still think we should try the vortex/tornado plan but not until we and Cain get to land.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2014, 06:29:14 pm »

Maybe instead of getting it to land and drying it out we could use graceless flight to smash it against the ceiling?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2014, 06:31:17 pm »

That will probable hurt it but drying it out will kill it. It can't breath without water.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2014, 06:41:49 pm »

Combination? Slam the ceiling and try to get it on dry land?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2014, 06:56:01 pm »

I suggest focusing on getting ourself out of the water first.
Oh god, did our laptop get wet? FISH WILL DIE SCREAMING.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19