Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: The War of the Elements [TSG] This game is very, very dead.  (Read 20762 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: The War of the Elements [TSG] Part 2: First Blood
« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2014, 08:15:27 pm »

Well you have me a more awesome deity so we should be fine. Explore. ((Did you really think you could get away from me that easily.  :P ))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 08:19:06 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2014, 10:57:20 pm »

"Well, you've got me, a much more awesome deity, so we should be fine."
"...Yeah, no, that's not going to work. Taking out Yala would be kind of like killing Azathoth. It just doesn't happen. Frankly, if he notices us, finds us, and wants us dead, we don't stand a chance."
Shortly after, you enter another room, though this one is much larger, looking like it was made for a giant. Directly in front of you is a large door, towering over you. A round lock, easily as tall as you, hovers in the center of the door, though you can't tell what it's supported by. The lock has a keyhole looking like a common skeleton key lock, though much, much bigger. The lock itself is hard to describe; there's something about it that suggests another dimension of being that you can't even comprehend, much less see. Flanking the doors are a pair of old writing desks, with several flasks of ink, a few quills, and countless parchment scrolls on each.
Cain rushes over to one of the desks, sits down, and begins drawing like a man possessed. After a few minutes, he stands back up, scroll in hand. He shows it to you; it's a map, evidently of this shrine. You'd appear to be in what's called the Archmage's Antechamber. The room ahead of you is the Forbidden Throne, and the doors to the east and west evidently lead to the Apprentice's Gauntlet and the Warlock's Study.
"We're in the Archmage's Antechamber (Proving that you were right, because of course you were, you're a god; nay, the BEST god.)and as you could easily guess, the giant door sitting in front of us is the Forbidden Throne. Due to how the seal on the door works, Yala doesn't really have any power here, so I can tell you in full what he is.
Yala was, originally a god of honor, glory, and war. However, he slowly became consumed by his ruthless and dogmatic aspects, becoming fueled only by bloodlust and death. The gods decided that something must be done about him. None of them could kill Yala; they didn't have enough power, and doing so would massively disrupt the Realms, both Mortal, Transcendent, and Deific. So, the gods chose to seal him in his greatest temple: The Platinum Shrine of Yala. All gods poured a portion of their essence into the seal holding the door in place. While Yala was sitting upon his throne, the gods stormed the Platinum Shrine, and sealed it with the Transcendent's Lock.
However, Yala's raw powered, if not dispersed, would soon build up, run wild, and destroy both the lock and a good portion of all three Realms. As such, they had to give the power to a given person. Only any one of the gods would be able to receive the channeled energy, and no consensus was reached as to who should receive it. Eventually, the gods decided to spread his power amongst the Transcendents. Those who received it were those such as myself, who took the mantle of Sorcerer. As such, Yala became renown as the Imprisoned God of Magic.
In times before, where the Transcendent Realm was filled with many people, many magic users of all origins flocked to the Platinum Shrine of Yala, and converted it to their own means. Few, though, dared to approach the Transcendent's Lock, and those who did were never heard from again. We stand here in the Platinum Shrine, though it's long since fallen into neglect. I think one of the lesser sorcerers are still around here. As for how I know all this, being a sorcerer, this is an area that allows me to transcend this version of things, though only with a very limited range of sight.
Any questions?"

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
((Sorry for not updating in so long; I don't even really have an excuse. In return, I got you some exposition!))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
  • The ever evolving and malleable me
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2014, 11:30:16 pm »

cool
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2014, 11:35:11 pm »

Yeah I do! One why was I not in the story and two where do we go now! ((The god of coffee doesn't question he only demands for he knows everything. He is simply testing his slow henchman.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2014, 10:31:36 pm »

"Yeah I do! One, why was I not in the story, and two, where do we go now?"

"You weren't in the story because you didn't exist in the Transcendent Realm, and you likely didn't exist in the Mortal Realm either. Even if you did, I'm pretty sure you'd have nothing to do with it. As for your non- idiotic question, I'd recommend we go to the Apprentice's Gauntlet, since it likely won't be guarded as heavily as the Warlock's Study. However, I'm willing to bet that my opinion on this matter is meaningless to you, so I'm not sure why you asked me.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2014, 10:36:50 pm »

"Does that mean that there is a place like this for Disciples? Anyway Apprentice's Gauntlet it is. ONWARD!"

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2014, 01:29:03 am »

To the Apprentice's Gauntlet then! Hahahahahahahaha! Grin creepily.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2014, 01:09:53 pm »

"Does this mean that there is a place like this for the Disciples, too?"
There should be  two, one in the Isles, and one in the Skyplains.
Well, let's go to the Apprentice's Gauntlet, then!
As you say this, you give a creepy grin, and laugh like a maniac. Cain doesn't seem to be particularly surprised.
"Alright, let's go. Oh, one more thing: saying pretty much anything about Yala outside of this room could allow him to reach through for a moment and you. As such, try to avoid mentioning really anything about him at all. Now, before we leave, do you have any last-minute questions?"

((Sorry for any typos or poor grammar; this update was written from a cellphone.))

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2014, 10:18:39 pm »

Lead the way my heretical companion. Smile.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2014, 09:58:02 am »

Coffee for the road?
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2014, 10:01:30 am »

Lick him!

Also we could use the coffee as mana potions.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2014, 09:30:12 pm »

Before you do anything else, you summon a bit of coffee for the road, storing it in your inventory instead of drinking it. You turn to Cain, and give a manic smile.
Lead the way, my heretical companion.
You step towards Cain, and attempt to lick him. [6 vs. 11]However, he manages to get clear in time, leaving you licking the air in front of you, and causing you to almost fall.
...I draw power directly from a god. If anything, you're more heretical than me, given that you're proclaiming yourself as a deity."
That's what they want you to believe, but in reality, I AM THE ONE TRUE GOD OF COFFEE AND YOU FOLLOW A FALSE GOD AND SHALL BE THROWN INTO THE HELLISH TORMENT OF THE SEA OF INFINITE DECAFF!
Whatever you want to believe, Knoton. Now, let's go, before my mind just gives up and stops working.
With that, the two of you enter the Apprentice's Gauntlet. You open the door, and suddenly the world seems to change. The abandoned, stone interior of the Shrine gives way to carefully kept masonry, engraved with several runes glowing a dark, sinister-looking purple. The place faintly smells of death and blood, covered with something else you're unfamiliar with. Looking carefully, you notice that the runes are all connected by thin, web-like lines in between them. Every so often, a surge of light goes through the runes, lighting them up in strips. A cavernous hallway leads to the east, and a pair of stone doors lie to the north.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2014, 10:11:18 am »

Mutter something about how you should've stabbed Cain while you follow him.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2014, 04:18:23 pm »

So where do we go now. I mean I know where to go but I need to make sure that your not a fool. I wouldn't be surprised if your mortal brain has been melting while in my awesome presence!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2014, 07:29:12 am »

So, where do we go now? I mean, I know where to go, but I want to make sure that you do. I wouldn't be surprised if your mortal brain has melted in my awesome presence!
Ignoring the stupidity of those three sentences, I have no idea where to go. So, I suppose we're headed north. Any objections?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19