Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: The War of the Elements [TSG] This game is very, very dead.  (Read 20769 times)

daemen

• Bay Watcher
  • The ever evolving and malleable me
    • View Profile
Re: The War of the Elements [TSG] Part 2: First Blood
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2014, 07:02:28 pm »

Use graceless flight to slam ourself against the ceiling and make us land on dry land!! But really... +1 to out of the water.
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2014, 03:03:51 pm »

You jump to shore using Graceless Flight, while Cain apparently stays behind to fight the beast. How you're going to attack the monster from over here, you haven't quite figured out. Maybe you should've thought this plan through a little more? Regardless, Cain would seem to be able to handle himself pretty well down there. The water is murky, so you can't actually see the action, but there's apparently a lot going on down there, if the roiling water is anything to go by. The beast's loudest shriek yet comes from the pool, and you feel that Cain just took a pretty hard blow. The water begins to turn a dark red.
Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:10:09 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2014, 03:07:06 pm »

Try to save cain? Try and use a ranged graceless flight if that does not work go do and try to again use graceless flight on both of you while next to him.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2014, 03:28:53 pm »

Yea, ranged graceless flight or maybe try to shield Cain... Can we actually see Cain or the monster though? It kinda doesn't sound like it
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2014, 03:45:08 pm »

Yea, ranged graceless flight or maybe try to shield Cain... Can we actually see Cain or the monster though? It kinda doesn't sound like it
The water is too murky for you to see either of them. However, your slight psychic link with Cain does give you a vague idea of where he is.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2014, 03:52:04 pm »

So if we can kind of sence Cain and not see the monster at all we should prolly focus on helping him? Like graceless flight to get him out or shield him. Course, there's always the dagger.... We could jump in Tarzan style and make with the stabby stabby

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2014, 12:02:05 am »

You cast Graceless Flight on Cain, pulling him out of the water. With him comes a lot of the water in the lake, but hey, as long as he's safe, right?
Anyways, fishdemonmurderthing. How exactly are you planning on taking that thing out? Cain's MP is only going to last so long, after all, and you're quickly running out yourself.
Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2014, 12:05:58 am »

We could try and make a vortex/tornado in or above the water closest we can get to making a whirlpool.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2014, 01:54:45 am »

+1 to whirlpool/vortex/water spout idea now that we're not in the water with it.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2014, 02:33:09 am »

Hmmm. Is our affinity to gases, or the elements generally present within the air?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2014, 11:20:08 am »

We could try a ranged Graceless Flight on it so we can move it to the shore and try to dry it out with a wind spell.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2014, 07:06:08 am »

My apologies for the lack of updates recently. Life has gotten quite stressful recently. Unfortunately, life has also decided to stay that way for about the next week. As such, The War of the Elements will return on May 6th.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2014, 05:04:37 pm »

You begin to focus the last vestiges of your energy on the air just above the water, and it soon rises up into a waterspout.
Cyclone realized!
You force the creature and waterspout into a nearby wall with all of the force you can muster behind it. It shouts in pain, and begins to suffocate, if slowly [1+2]. Cain, in the meanwhile, casts Water Spear once more.
Visalis nohn har!
[1 spear, 2+2 Aura] Only one bolt emerges from the lake this time, however, but it strikes with almost audible force.
"We should leave. Now. You're out of power, and I'm almost dead. This thing is too powerful for us, and probably will be for some time. Hell, I've fought it at least three times in the past. You can quite clearly see that I haven't managed to kill it yet. Let's go.
Cain begins to run towards one of the tunnels branching from the caverns as the fish thing begins to drag itself towards the water.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2014, 05:06:11 pm »

Run after Cain.

daemen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2014, 05:17:06 pm »

Posture like a bad ass and taunt the fish monster... Then.... Run like a bitch
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:03:37 pm by daemen »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19