Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

~!~

~?~
~#~

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 61

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 3: Beginner's Emblem: OOC Thread! Closed!  (Read 47966 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2-2: Beginner's Emblem: OOC Thread! FEF Newbies welcome!
« Reply #300 on: April 24, 2014, 09:12:47 pm »

It's not like the the healers go unappreciated, either. Winning Fire Emblem involves a lot of "live through the chokepoint".
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 24, 2014, 09:17:51 pm »

Tiruin's a she. But yes, a healer's job is to rush between team members as they do their best to kill themselves.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 24, 2014, 09:21:14 pm »

Hmm.
*checks grocery list list*
Heal Staff x100
Vulneraries (hydration purposes)
I'm all set!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 24, 2014, 09:28:43 pm »

Tiruin's a she. But yes, a healer's job is to rush between team members as they do their best to kill themselves.

Whoops, sorry Tiruin.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 24, 2014, 11:02:08 pm »

He can RP all he wants during a combat btw. He won't "get" anything out of it beyond having something to do but. He'll also have just as much as anyone else will have since he can heal people who need it.

The underlined isn't entirely true. If she RPs a lot with other people (like when healing them, or just standing next to them and talking between attacks and so forth) she can use that as a basis for Supports. :P

Also, Tir, be aware shipping is a major thing in Fire Emblem, so people are probably gonna wanna ship with you. ;) However this team is mostly females so I ship Ayleen x Dustine :p.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 24, 2014, 11:03:24 pm »

Oh, it's true I guess. Supports are a thing. I was just going off the "RP stuff about the environment" comment made earlier.

And hmm... haven't decided if Dustine is straight or not. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 24, 2014, 11:04:46 pm »

Also, Tir, be aware shipping is a major thing in Fire Emblem, so people are probably gonna wanna ship with you. ;) However this team is mostly females so I ship Ayleen x Dustine :p.
I'm a good sailor! :D

SO...where can I find the Supports thing in the handbook? :<

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 24, 2014, 11:06:24 pm »

I think Selina's sexuality is obvious given both A: Every roleplay i've used the archetype, and B: Her personal 'fault.'
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2014, 11:06:43 pm »

I'm a good sailor! :D

SO...where can I find the Supports thing in the handbook? :<

Page 98

meep
It's FEF, not FEOF

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2014, 11:07:19 pm »

@Swordstar: Well, considering you only have three male choices and one of them is an old dude, you'd better decide quick. :P

@Tiruin: Page 112.

Quote from: Support Stuff for convenience
Support Ranks
There are four ranks of supports: C Rank; B Rank; A Rank; S Rank. As players continue to bond with
other players or NPC allies, that rank can go up. At C Rank, bonuses gained from supports are at their
basic level and distribution. At B Rank, the bonuses are doubled before they are finally added to the
player total. At A Rank, the bonuses are tripled.

At S Rank, the bonuses are the same, but both members of the support are granted a Free Character
Skill that is active when they are within 3 spaces of each other (that is, a Free Skill like Cancel or
Imbue, not a Cost skill like Resolve or Adept).

However, players can't develop an S Rank with every character he
builds a support with. Each player can only develop 4 C Rank
Supports with other players. Of those 4, only 3 can advance to B
Rank. Of those 3, only 2 can advance to A. And of those 2, only 1
can advance to S Rank.

If you are within 3 spaces of more than one support partner, you
only gain bonuses from the one you have the highest rank with (for
instance: if you're near a B Rank and an A rank partner, you only
gain bonuses from the A Ranked partner). In the event of a tie, the
one closer to you grants you the bonus (for instance: if you're near
two B Rank supports, the one 2 spaces from you gives you the
bonus, as opposed to the one 3 spaces away). In the event of a tie,
the player can choose which support is active.

NPC Supports

The same rule for how many supports you can have apply to NPCs as well: 4 C, 3 B, 2 A, 1 S.
However, NPCs are not restricted in how many players they support, or how high their support level is
with them (for instance, it's not illegal for an NPC to have 4 B rank supports with 4 separate players).
NPCs do not grant Skills when they reach S Rank. Instead, they grant another +5 to Critical and Dodge,
on top of their regular A Rank bonuses.

Building Supports

When players interact with each other or NPCs in special ways that impress the GM, the GM can bring
the two aside (or one in the case of NPC Supports), and ask if they'd like to build a support together. If
both players agree to this, a support begins at C Rank. Future conversations can contribute to increased
Support Ranks, but there are restrictions: depending on the player's level, certain supports might not be
available. Refer to the following chart for how many supports are allowed depending on Level...

First Promotion, Level 1: 2 C Rank Supports
Level 4: 2 C Rank, 1 B Rank
Level 8: 3 C Rank, 1 B Rank
Level 12: 4 C Rank, 2 B Rank
Level 16: 4 C Rank, 2 B Rank, 1 A Rank
Level 20/Final Promotion, Level 1 (which ever comes first): 4 C Rank, 3 B Rank, 1 A Rank
Level 5: 4 C Rank, 3 B Rank, 2 A Rank
Level 10: 4 C Rank, 3 B Rank, 2 A Rank, 1 S Rank

This chart applies to both Player/Player and Player/NPC supports. However, this means that the player
can build up player supports and NPC supports at the same time.
For instance, at Level 1, a player can have up to 4 C Rank Supports, 2 with fellow Players, and 2 with
NPCs.

Final Example
Player A is a Fire Affinity who has chosen Daunt as his support skill, calling it "Intimidating Friend."
Player B is a Thunder Affinity who has chosen Charisma as his support skill, calling it "Charismatic
Friend."
At Rank C both Gain: +0 Damage, +0 Defence, +2 Hit, +2 Evasion, +5 Critical, +5 Dodge
At Rank B both Gain: +1 Damage, +1 Defence, +5 Hit, +5 Evasion, +10 Crit, +10 Dodge
At Rank A both Gain: +1 Power, +1 Def, +7 Hit, +7 Evasion, + 15 Crit, +15 Dodge
At Rank S:
Player A gains: +1 Power, +1 Def, +7 Hit, +7 Evasion, +15 Crit, +15 Dodge, and the skill Cancel
Player B gains: +1 Power, +1 Def, +7 Hit, +7 Evasion, +15 Crit, +15 Dodge, and the skill Daunt

Remember: the supports are mutual, so both players must agree to the support before any ranks are
added to their total.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2014, 11:19:48 pm »

... Some things are screwed up with that I think. The change from damage to power and also the skills are screwed up I think? The general idea is still right, but yeah.

Also technically I have *four* male choices since the NPC is a dude. He's a legitimate target for romance, right? :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 24, 2014, 11:25:17 pm »

Hmm.
Play to impress the GM as my main purpose or play what my character is, in her purpose and character.
...Bleh, won't think about that anyways. Let's do this.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 24, 2014, 11:26:17 pm »

Just play how you imagined your character. You don't need to impress the GM or anyone else. Just... write your character.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 24, 2014, 11:40:10 pm »

Yeah, you're right, four. I actually overlooked Janus for some reason. XD Sorry, Deathsword.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 24, 2014, 11:45:01 pm »

Also...we're all technically on the boat, right? (sans those who were told not to be there because alternative orders).
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 61