Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

~!~

~?~
~#~

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 3: Beginner's Emblem: OOC Thread! Closed!  (Read 47929 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2-2: Beginner's Emblem: OOC Thread! FEF Newbies welcome!
« Reply #285 on: April 24, 2014, 06:31:51 pm »

Weapons break from use in fire emblem, which is why we can buy spare ones. Hapsen, how many items can each person carry?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 24, 2014, 06:32:53 pm »

Check the thread. There's a new list of items up that we can buy. You'll still keep your original weapon but we can alsso buy new ones from there. The issue is we have 1792 gold left. Which isn't a ton and we probably want to save some of that.
Yes v:

I've listed weapons and items you can buy in Ren for your characters in IC thread already.
>_<
*bonks self with plushie mallet*
Well.

In regard to staffs...the best practical use (if I really really want to heal) is to either get ANOTHER Heal staff or probably another staff to work in tandem when...when everyone is totally OK and I wish to 'attack' the enemy (in all meanings of attack like debuff or afflict...), as an example?

Edit: Goodness my ellipses.

EditII: Do we have to state that we're equipping things?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 24, 2014, 06:33:42 pm »

Everyone has 5 inventory slots including things like vulns and such.

For only staff users, you don't have anything equipped, otherwise it defaults to your most recently used weapon. If you're switching weapons, you need to state that, yes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 24, 2014, 06:36:17 pm »

So...staffs aren't weapons. Weapons are equipped. Staffs are items.

Can I equip anything that isn't a staff even if its not my proficiency?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 24, 2014, 06:38:26 pm »

Nope. If you can't use it, you can't equip it. So like... I wouldn't be able to equip a level C fire tome for instance. Or any dark tome.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2014, 06:51:13 pm »

You also can't use Staves that are outside your proficiency. For instance, Esori can't make use of a heal staff.

I've changed my mind concerning my need for additional weaponry. My primary concern is enemy archers counterattacking me during the enemy phase, but then I remembered: I have Vantage. I should be okay.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2014, 06:52:54 pm »

Nope. If you can't use it, you can't equip it. So like... I wouldn't be able to equip a level C fire tome for instance. Or any dark tome.
So I can't...use any weapon and have anything equipped given that my only proficiency is staffs (D) and Heal (C)?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 24, 2014, 06:53:42 pm »

I may also end up drawing a lot of the agro anyway due to running in and shooting at them all while being the risky player I am.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 24, 2014, 06:56:53 pm »

So I can't...use any weapon and have anything equipped given that my only proficiency is staffs (D) and Heal (C)?

Yeah, you're a healer. Welcome to "Sit behind the lines and hope we do a good job of protecting you" You patch us up and we protect you.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 24, 2014, 08:54:29 pm »

Yeah, you're a healer. Welcome to "Sit behind the lines and hope we do a good job of protecting you" You patch us up and we protect you.
The promotions should have access to equippable weapons, like anima tomes.

As for our stuff-buying situation, I guess we're... done? Not getting anything for now?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 24, 2014, 09:02:01 pm »

... D:
NOOOOOOOOOO
Can I RP admiring or examining the scenery and get something out of it? :I

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 24, 2014, 09:04:39 pm »

...Are other characters able to ride a horsemans, or womans horse? If so, it would give you a lot of manuverability and help in your healing. And since my stats are more based around never getting hit in the first place, it could work out.
[/quote]

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2014, 09:06:03 pm »

Nope. You can dismount but no one else can use your horse.

As for RPing about the scenery... I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean to get exp, a) you get exp for healing people and b) it's a group exp pool so you'll level at the same time everyone else does.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 24, 2014, 09:08:31 pm »

I think the problem is more that Tiruin may get a bit bored not being able to assist in combat in a damage dealing way... If i'm wrong in this Tiruin, tell me now so I don't act stupidly please.
[/quote]

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 24, 2014, 09:10:52 pm »

He can RP all he wants during a combat btw. He won't "get" anything out of it beyond having something to do but. He'll also have just as much as anyone else will have since he can heal people who need it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61