Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

~!~

~?~
~#~

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 3: Beginner's Emblem: OOC Thread! Closed!  (Read 47750 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2-2: Beginner's Emblem: OOC Thread! FEF Newbies welcome!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 07:48:25 pm »

You should have a second Personal Skill, Cado. Other than that... It's probably not the best character ever, but it'll do I guess.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 07:52:48 pm »

Well, newbie here. I'll be making a character and either editing it into this post, or adding it to a new one, depending on how fast this moves.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 07:54:38 pm »

You seem to have poured a lot of points into SPD and LUK Cado. Are you sure you want more Evade from your PS? Damage may be a better route, unless you're planning to grab crossbows. Which, based on your Proficiencies, I'm guessing not.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 07:54:56 pm »

That STR growth is really low as a warning. In addition, you probably don't need 70% LUK. It's really not worth it to have that much LCK. You're better served to switch a bunch of that to STR. LUK basically only helps with avoid and it's just not worth it.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 07:57:24 pm »

That STR growth is really low as a warning. In addition, you probably don't need 70% LUK. It's really not worth it to have that much LCK. You're better served to switch a bunch of that to STR. LUK basically only helps with avoid and it's just not worth it.

What an interesting opinion. I disagree. With your low DEF and RES growths, it certainly looks like you plan to be relying on evadehax- Though as a Nomad, you probably won't be taking many hits anyhow.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 08:03:11 pm »

Yes, it's true, this is just my opinion. But either way, at least to me, 70% LUK seems like overkill, especially when you already have 70% SPD growth.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 08:07:54 pm »

I'm mostly basing everything on how I personally play Turn-Based RPG's. I end up getting way too close and near too many enemies for defence to make much of a difference. I also have always liked playing the kind of character who is so stupidly hard to hit the enemy gets reckless.

Added the second personal skill I forgot. Will change if having 2 possible evasion buffs isn't allowed.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 08:09:11 pm »

*shrug* I am expressing my opinion. Bows are not the strongest weapon, add that to a very low growth, and you get someone who's not going to be doing a lot of damage. There comes a point where, once again in my opinion, you need to trade some of that evd for the ability to actually do some damage if you're a damage class. Plus, with the Nomad skill, you're much more likely to be sniping someone and then rushing out of distance which makes evd less important. Not unimportant, just less important.

Edit: If that's your strategy, I'd suggest maybe not doing Nomad, since a Nomad's whole thing is sniping and running away. Maybe doing someone that closes in and then have something like Provoke for your skill so that you're taunting people into attacking you instead of other people.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:11:12 pm by Swordstar »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 08:11:35 pm »

Moved some Luck and HP to Strength. Should 40 do.
[/quote]

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 08:14:00 pm »

Well, like, right. It all depends on what you want to do. I'm just offering my thoughts. The issue I see is Noble Emblems are shorter than a lot of RPs. So you won't for sure actually get to the point where those high growths are actually making a huge difference. Also your character concept and class skills seem to clash to me, but once again this is all just my own opinion. So... basically in summary, do what you want? I dunno, I'm just trying to offer some advice, maybe ignore me or something.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 08:17:39 pm »

I know you've played the games a lot and value your opinion. Everytime i've tried to get into one its been either full before I can, or I miss the sign-up times completely. Trying something out, and gonna see how it plays out.
[/quote]

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 08:19:10 pm »

Eh, I've played less than some, like BMM actually. And I understand your idea, it just seems to match something more like a Myrm than a Nomad. *shrug*

Also I'm contemplating a Soldier.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 08:28:39 pm »

It's finally holiday here :v
Can I reserve a spot? :3
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 08:44:21 pm »

... Hmm maybe not a solider. I just realized our NPC is a soldier. Also yay another person. :3

Orrr soldier.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:56:23 pm by Swordstar »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61