Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

~!~

~?~
~#~

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 61

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 3: Beginner's Emblem: OOC Thread! Closed!  (Read 47807 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2-2: Beginner's Emblem: OOC Thread! FEF Newbies welcome!
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2014, 01:29:46 am »

I won't be able to get my sheet up (and probable picture due to hey I'm late so lets art ;_;) until Saturday evening. Busy reading up that rulebook now that it finally downloaded.
And thanks Solymr for the note of aid.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2014, 10:57:32 am »

You can do it! :D
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2014, 11:47:43 am »

Sooo...I hope I got this all right.
Sorry for not PM'ing you at all Soly...or anyone offering help. :x
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Edit: Did I miss a note that everyone doesn't start out as trainees or...?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2014, 11:56:06 am »

Indeed, you start out as a First Class. Also I would recommend getting a personal skill of 'When Healing an ally, +5 HP restored'. It's super useful for dedicated healers. :3 I would also recommend either Daunt (to give you more survivability if you get attacked) or Charisma (so you can buff your allies as you heal them) because I don't believe Adept applies when you can't fight back, like when using a staff. I could be wrong though.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:57:40 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2014, 12:03:04 pm »

Also luck isn't that great and if you don't attack skill is useless so you can move some pprogreesion to hp and def.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2014, 12:09:17 pm »

>_>
<_<
When I read First Class, my mind registered 'Trainee'.

Blub.
Indeed, you start out as a First Class. Also I would recommend getting a personal skill of 'When Healing an ally, +5 HP restored'. It's super useful for dedicated healers. :3 I would also recommend either Daunt (to give you more survivability if you get attacked) or Charisma (so you can buff your allies as you heal them) because I don't believe Adept applies when you can't fight back, like when using a staff. I could be wrong though.
I was thinking about being a Holy Guard or stuff like that :v
*takes down veteran notes*
Also using a Staff =/= Attack? Noted!

Also luck isn't that great and if you don't attack skill is useless so you can move some pprogreesion to hp and def.
:C
So Attack is...err, well.
*reads supposed class I picked*
Hmm. So it's more useful when I get a skill that I'm proficient in...which is going to be my promoted class. K. :I
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:12:12 pm by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2014, 12:11:53 pm »

That's a better build, but only Blade Master Model 42 would keep those points in luck progression. :P I recommend taking at least twenty of them out and moving them to HP for more survivability, since as a healer you might end up under enemy fire if you need to get to people on the front lines.

Also, welcome aboard Tir, and I hope you have fun in NEF. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2014, 12:13:18 pm »

That's a better build, but only Blade Master Model 42 would keep those points in luck progression. :P I recommend taking at least twenty of them out and moving them to HP for more survivability, since as a healer you might end up under enemy fire if you need to get to people on the front lines.
I'm torn between choosing Daunt or Stillness u_u

Also, welcome aboard Tir, and I hope you have fun in NEF. :3
Hai~

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2014, 12:19:37 pm »

If you can't expect your allies to keep themselves between you and your allies (a frightfully frequent occasion), Luck contributes to evade. Which is helpful.

Also, Skill is worthwhile for a Priest if you plan to grab ailment staves. But it looks like you aren't.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2014, 12:24:08 pm »

Also, Skill is worthwhile for a Priest if you plan to grab ailment staves. But it looks like you aren't.
And I don't plan to~ :D

Now to remember how I first played Fire Emblem on an emulator a long looong time ago~
The nostalgia hits me like a train. But I forgot most of it. ;-;

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2014, 12:31:36 pm »

Coooool we have a healer. :3

ALso don't worry too much about promoted class stuff, it's not extremely likely we'll hit that in 4-5 chapters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2014, 12:33:17 pm »

O_o
Interesting. We have 4-5 chapters~ :D

SO.
Can someone please explain how we play this since I heard this is play by post and all (and preferably how to play in play by post? :X)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2014, 12:38:03 pm »

It's simple enough. RP as you like during combat, and there will usually be interaction between battles as well. During the player phase you can go whenever you'd like (so if someone got hurt last turn you can rush to heal them as soon as it's the player phase, or you could wait until everyone else has moved and then find someone to heal, so forth). You have 5 MOV so you can move five spaces on the map, generally speaking; some tiles, like forest, require more MOV to get onto so it's like you could move three spaces on flat ground and then enter a forest. You also have a single action, since you're not a mounted character. Usually for you that will be healing somebody.

Moving without using an action ends your turn. Using an action without moving ends your turn. Moving any number of spaces and then using your action ends your turn. That's really all there is to it on your end. ^^^ All the complicated stuff is on the GM's end.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2014, 12:40:08 pm »

What SC said, and if you want/have free time, you can look at Noble Emblem 2 for an example of what this one will be like.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2014, 12:53:47 pm »

The player's handbook pdf also has some basic combat tutorials towards the end that illustrate how the numbers all work together during combat.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 61