Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need help finding this!!!  (Read 1415 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Need help finding this!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 10:56:37 am »

African American themed tribe game

Uh, what?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 02:02:42 pm »

That is exactly what I feared, hemmingjay (cool name btw), so thanks for clarifying that. I went ahead and bought dominions 4...but I don't really feel like a god, I feel like a commander with a glorified unit that wants to become a god haha

Like I said, it's a turn-based strategy game. Therefore, feeling like a god is mostly in your head.

But a lot of the late game spells do feel godly. Like cloaking the whole world in darkness, making all living things age faster, ect...

I warned you that it is not Black & White, or even close to it. In the end it is less about your pretender and more about the empire that worships them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 06:15:06 pm »

Nenjin; I have only played the game for a few hours, so I have yet to see those types of spells. So far it is an enjoyable strategy game though! The price feels unreasonable compared to similar titles, the depth is nice as well as the learning curve, but there isn't enough personal interaction to make me feel godly.

After trying this title (dominions 4) I guess I am looking for something less strategy oriented, and more belief oriented. I guess another thing that's hard to get over is the personality the developers out into black and white. It really feels like good or evil; whereas in dominion, it is less so good or evil, and more so accomplishing your goal regardless of the means. Maybe that's an aspect I have yet to fully incorporate myself into though since I'm still unfamiliar?

Regardless though, thank you for your input! It's a fun game nonetheless :)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 06:35:24 pm »

I wouldn't recommend Reus, it's mostly a kind of memorization game. As in, you need to memorize what upgrades into what and exactly what output each thing produces and the changes to that output when it's next to certain other things, and so on. (I didn't find it fun at all, personally)

You could take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_god_video_games and read about the games on the list, but their definition of "god game" is the conventional gameplay-perspective one; it differs from your feeling-based definition.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 08:55:29 am »

I also wouldn't recommend Reus to scratch this particular itch. On the surface it seems like a god game. But really what it is, is a puzzle game, where you move pieces around until you get the optimal results.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 [2]