Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Forsaken's Agrarian Skies SMP Server [2.0.3] (Modded Minecraft)  (Read 41365 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Agrarian Skies SMP Server [2.0.3] (Modded Minecraft)
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2014, 09:33:33 am »

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PLACE WITCH WATER IN THE OVERWORLD AT FUCKING ALL DO NOT DO IT SPAWNS GHASTS GHASTS CAN DESTROY BLOCKS JUST DO NOT!!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:53:08 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2014, 07:14:26 pm »

I'm here as a sort of knowledge-base if anybody wants some advice, at least for early on. I'm still trying to figure out if there are any shortcuts for the quests that want thousands of stuff.

One big thing: If you're struggling with hunger, ignore it. The absolute first thing you should do is blitz for a cobble gen. Once you have that, you can make a Juicer. Juicer + carrots/apples = all of your hunger problems solved. Your first real goal after getting the cobble gen should be an igeneus extruder, which you can use to make a falling mob trap for bonemeal which completely eliminates any hunger troubles.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2014, 11:48:44 pm »

I think the server crashed. Atleast I cant find it anymore.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2014, 05:27:11 am »

I think the server crashed. Atleast I cant find it anymore.
Seems to be up...

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2014, 05:40:35 am »

Yeah it was quite a while ago and it is working.
Its probably not a crash but i do not recall what it is called. The players gets an error and cant find the server?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2014, 07:24:16 am »

So... I just discovered that you can not repair Cactus or Paper tools such as the ones you get from the reward bags. MEANING that I have now wasted a large amount of Redstone and Lazuil with the Paper Pickaxe...
Can I please get the mats back of the Redstone and Lazuil. Or at least give them back to Mau and Ive as it was theirs???
I don't want new ones because if you spam the bags in creative mode you eventually get all the stuff and end up getting useless items from then on as they remove the chance of getting that ZOMG reward (thats one of the types of rewards). But for an Pickaxe which is Paper to suddenly become useless cause the moment you use it it requires MORE Exp then it does Durability to level up.... FFS...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2014, 07:31:01 am »

While that does suck, I can't help thinking that you should have been more careful and tested it before blowing a lot of someone else's resources on it in a hardcore survival challenge map.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2014, 07:57:35 am »

While that does suck, I can't help thinking that you should have been more careful and tested it before blowing a lot of someone else's resources on it in a hardcore survival challenge map.
Did you know that cactus and paper couldn't be repaired? was there any hint at that before, was it changed in a update to TC? How was I to know this? I handy looking tool with 2 free modification slots, an easy to repair (or so thought) material and a low EXP rate for quick masterization. Would you not going in head first only to find that after the first strike of the pick that it is unrepairable, doubles its required EXP count and such???

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2014, 08:56:32 am »

Given that you can't make tools out of cactus, paper, and other stuff any more, it stands to reason that it would at least be unlikely that it could be repaired.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2014, 09:17:16 am »

Given that you can't make tools out of cactus, paper, and other stuff any more, it stands to reason that it would at least be unlikely that it could be repaired.
What? Then why are they still in the book??? Is it the modpack???

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2014, 12:14:16 pm »

I do refund on griefing and some bugs introduced by mods, yes.

Stuff that was preventable or the result of insufficient knowledge on your part I usually don't. I also don't usually assist when it is minecraft itself that glitched or bugged (like with the zombie going through walls). I apply the same rules to myself when on these servers and I try to keep it fair. I apologize if that causes you some additional work or pain.

In this case, I am running a specific and widely available modpack which could have been looked up. I agree that it sucks, but with a few autonomous activators you can automate the production of resources in this pack quite easily and have your stuff back in no time.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2014, 02:25:02 pm »

if the tool is REALLY that important to you, IIRC you can also give it an extra modifier with a block of gold + diamond, then add moss. You can get mossy cobble by putting some cobble near a barrel of water.

Grunden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2014, 04:57:57 pm »

A pretty common TPS lag issue in Agrarian Skies is igneus extruders feeding into crucibles via itemducts. That's the most common power setup, but there's a technical issue with the crucibles that tell the itemducts that there is infinite room for cobble. Eventually you'll build up too much cobble that cause some pretty bad lag.

Since this is so common, server operators might want to ensure/enforce that the island owners have an overflow trashcan for their power setups.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2014, 10:54:44 pm »

I did not see any other way, so i have itemducts feeding a planter. Sp testing showed me that the ducts tend to get backed up, does that cause lag?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2014, 11:26:51 pm »

if the tool is REALLY that important to you, IIRC you can also give it an extra modifier with a block of gold + diamond, then add moss. You can get mossy cobble by putting some cobble near a barrel of water.
Annoyingly, it wouldn't even allow that. With combination of the block/Diamond in both toolstation/forge...

ANYWHO...

Can I get another friend added please.
Stormcryu
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12