Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Forsaken's Agrarian Skies SMP Server [2.0.3] (Modded Minecraft)  (Read 41314 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's Agrarian Skies SMP Server [2.0.3] (Modded Minecraft)
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2014, 06:39:18 pm »

You suspecy correcy :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2014, 02:15:15 pm »

Sorry, serving as a bump for the sake of this question.

You're working on a larger map. Will that mean we have to start over or not?

If so, I'll avoid playing until the map comes out.
Well, yes and no. I'll leave the current server up as I usually do, until people stop using it.

But no, I will not be manually porting your progress to the new map/server. I'm also updating a few of the mods and adding some stuff in that isn't standard with the agrarian skies modpack because.. well because I don't like the way they did some things.

That said, it could be a few weeks before it is ready. I'll have a few beta testers in at some point.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2014, 05:58:34 pm »

Sorry, serving as a bump for the sake of this question.

You're working on a larger map. Will that mean we have to start over or not?

If so, I'll avoid playing until the map comes out.
Well, yes and no. I'll leave the current server up as I usually do, until people stop using it.

But no, I will not be manually porting your progress to the new map/server. I'm also updating a few of the mods and adding some stuff in that isn't standard with the agrarian skies modpack because.. well because I don't like the way they did some things.

That said, it could be a few weeks before it is ready. I'll have a few beta testers in at some point.
Could I be a beta tester?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2014, 07:01:54 pm »

I'm curious as to what you didn't like. It all seemed pretty balanced, apart from that brief stage of aimlessness after you automate resource production but before you've finished enough infrastructure to start hoarding.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2014, 07:09:40 pm »

I'm curious as to what you didn't like. It all seemed pretty balanced, apart from that brief stage of aimlessness after you automate resource production but before you've finished enough infrastructure to start hoarding.
Mostly I'd like to add in a few mods and a map which has more than 8 spots.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2014, 07:12:01 pm »

Mostly I'd like to add in a few mods and a map which has more than 8 spots.
Hmm. Having more than 8 spots might be difficult, though.

Maybe you should abandon symmetry and just put a warp near each island? That way, people would still need to bridge to get to spawn, but you wouldn't need to worry about bridges interfering with each other/islands being equal distances away.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2014, 07:13:13 pm »

I'm thinking of abandoning the island thing altogether and just do assigned plots tbh. The void island thing was fun for about an hour then it's just annoying building out/down/up

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2014, 10:28:06 pm »

I'm thinking of abandoning the island thing altogether and just do assigned plots tbh. The void island thing was fun for about an hour then it's just annoying building out/down/up
I'm not trying to ask for a precise ETA, but will this be in days, weeks, or months? I'd like to know, since I don't really want to put a ton of time into it only to have my progress wiped in a week. Sorry if it seems like I'm rushing you or something.

Assigned plots might be interesting. The advantage of skyblock is that you don't really need to set plot size; people can have bases that are extremely compact/spacious without making things look weird. Personally, I think it would be best to do sky islands (with each island having an adjacent portal island that links to the "main" island, but must be bridged to) this time, figure out how much room and endgame island needs, and then do plots of that size.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2014, 06:37:41 am »

I'm not trying to ask for a precise ETA, but will this be in days, weeks, or months? I'd like to know, since I don't really want to put a ton of time into it only to have my progress wiped in a week. Sorry if it seems like I'm rushing you or something.

Assigned plots might be interesting. The advantage of skyblock is that you don't really need to set plot size; people can have bases that are extremely compact/spacious without making things look weird. Personally, I think it would be best to do sky islands (with each island having an adjacent portal island that links to the "main" island, but must be bridged to) this time, figure out how much room and endgame island needs, and then do plots of that size.
Currently the ETA is 'when its done'. Probably weeks or more. I'm running into a few issues with the way I had intended to do it, namely MCPC+ doesn't play nicely with thermal expansion. More specifically it doesn't play nicely with forge microblocks right now.

As to plots vs islands, I see your point but you can still build up or down with plots. Problem with islands is that someone has to go make those islands... I have a bukkit plugin that will generate and assign plots and protect them without manual intervention.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2014, 09:44:07 am »

Would the plots purpose be for protection or to limit the building space?

I wouldn't have a problem with skyblock if there were large floating natural looking islands, large enough for everything or with many small ones that one can connect to.
But with just one small one, as soon as expansion is needed it will look like shit. it bothers my aesthetic.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2014, 10:12:55 am »

The purpose of the plots (and they are fairly large, bigger than the islands were) is protecting your stuff. We had several instances of people stealing from other islands, even after the reboot.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2014, 10:16:36 am »

The purpose of the plots (and they are fairly large, bigger than the islands were) is protecting your stuff. We had several instances of people stealing from other islands, even after the reboot.
Too bad Forge is incompatible with Bukkit.

Are there any mods that would enable logging of chest items and blocks?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2014, 10:49:03 am »

MCPC+ is a forge-compatible bukkit. Unfortunately I'm having trouble with a few mods. :P

And yes, there are plenty of bukkit plugins which could do protection and logging. Not sure if there are forge mods.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2014, 10:50:28 am »

The problem I see with plots is the potential for useful resources/mob spawns. Part of the fun of the map (for me) is having to expand your island as you need to, instead of having it all made for you already. The fact that mobs can spawn and take away from dedicated traps is also pretty huge.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2014, 05:48:42 pm »

MCPC+ is a forge-compatible bukkit. Unfortunately I'm having trouble with a few mods. :P

And yes, there are plenty of bukkit plugins which could do protection and logging. Not sure if there are forge mods.
Good luck with that. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that a bunch of mods are fully incompatible with MCPC+, so I don't think you're going to have much luck.

The server is still whitelisted, right? If not, that might explain the disappearing items.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12