Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Forsaken's Agrarian Skies SMP Server [2.0.3] (Modded Minecraft)  (Read 41315 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Hello everyone, I am starting an Agrarian Skies multiplayer server tonight and I made this post to contain all chatter about it so we don't spam the other thread all to hell.

Server IP: muse.dyndns.tv:25566

If you don't know, Agrarian Skies is a modpack on FTB. Read more about it here:

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/beta-mappack-agrarian-skies-hardcore-quest-tech-rpg-hardcore-skyblock.41906/

Or on the Wiki here:

https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Agrarian+Skies%3A+Hardcore+Quest

Some basic rules for any server I host:

1. If you see a bug, send me a PM with details. This includes things like recipes giving you the wrong item, recipes not working, crashes, etc. **BUT FIRST** check to see if your bug/error is something which is supposed to occur. Certain things are disabled for a reason in this modpack.

2. DO NOT fuck with someone else's island. Full stop. Interfering with another person or party's island without permission will be dealt with harshly. This does not mean that you cannot help each other or even play pranks on your friends. It does mean you cannot run over and blow up the other person's house with TNT or steal their stuff. I do not want to spend all of my time on the server moderating other people's stupidity so I will ask your victim what punishment they think is appropriate (with some judgement from me) and I will not hesitate to simply ban you if you become obnoxious. I don't expect that to be an issue with this community but I have had some problems in the past.

3. Please don't claim an island unless you plan to be active. There are only eight islands after all. If you're not sure you will be active, join an existing party or something.

4. This modpack updates frequently, but the FTB launcher takes care of the updates automatically. I will still need to update the server manually however, so if the pack updates you may not be able to connect until I get around to updating the server. I am usually pretty good about this but I can sometimes get pretty busy so be patient. Send me a PM about it if you must, but don't clutter up the thread with 'update plox!' type posts.

5. Ultimately the server is about having fun and playing the game together. If you guys want to see some change happen let me know here. I encourage co-operation and friendly competition. You could even set up trade stations via forestry if you want to trade for resources and such. So long as you get along and remember that it's a game, I'm fine with it.

All quest rewards will be shared by the party rather than separate, which means you will not be at a disadvantage if you decide to go solo. Each party gets the same stuff for thier work.

I will also try to keep an updated registry of players/teams here. The server will be whitelisted, so to be accepted you must PM me with your ingame minecraft name (spelled correctly!) stating that you would like to join the agrarian skies server. I will be copy/pasting your name exactly as you send it to me so if it's wrong it's your own fault. :P

If people are interested I may add in the IRC mod and create an IRC channel for the server as well.

***New server being worked on to accomodate more people***

Bay12 members only please.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:51:33 pm by forsaken1111 »

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Agrarian Skies SMP Server (Modded Minecraft)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 08:43:55 am »

I am going to try and hop on went the server goes on, best of luck Forsaken :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:49:57 am »

I am going to try and hop on went the server goes on, best of luck Forsaken :)
Glad to have you. It should be a lot of fun. The modpack starts out pretty slow but I love the idea behind it. It would be amazing if we ended up actually rebuilding the world, or at least a good sized chunk of it.

Send me your ingame name so I can whitelist you once it is up. Got it!

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 09:06:32 am »

Will this have constant hunger drain? Because I gave up on Agrarian sies due to that. I get called away from my computer often and forget about minecraft then.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 09:09:49 am »

Will this have constant hunger drain? Because I gave up on Agrarian sies due to that. I get called away from my computer often and forget about minecraft then.
Yes it will if that is on by default, as dealing with hunger is part of the challenge. Just log out if you are stepping away and it won't be a problem. To be fair, the hunger drain is pretty minor.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 09:11:57 am »

Hunger is only a problem until you can get the carrot seeds as a reward though. Which doesn't take that long :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 09:14:16 am »

Hunger is only a problem until you can get the carrot seeds as a reward though. Which doesn't take that long :P
True, but since things like carrots are also compostable you have to produce enough to keep feeding you as well as making compost etc. Its a nonissue after a while but it is part of the challenge early on and if someone isn't paying attention it can be a show stopper, or at least cost them a life.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 10:03:46 am »

I shall try this out once the server is up.

Can you make an island, or is there a distinct lack of resources?

If the latter, I guess I'll team up with a guy or two so there's enough islands to go about.
The islands are all premade with your starting resources on them. The rest of the world is void. You have to use the mods in the modpack to make everything you need.

I suggest reading up on the mods involved. I am adding a few links to the OP for that purpose.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 10:10:13 am »

Can I have a whitelisting, please?

Name for minecraft is hiddenninja.

I'll figure out how to get this modpack working until the server is up since, knowing my luck, it'll take some rejigging to get it working.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 10:13:28 am »

Can I have a whitelisting, please?

Name for minecraft is hiddenninja.

I'll figure out how to get this modpack working until the server is up since, knowing my luck, it'll take some rejigging to get it working.
Adding you to my list now, will whitelist you once I have it up.

FTB is pretty much plug and play, just select the agrarian skies modpack and download

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 10:18:21 am »

As always, I'll be around decorating things and trying to understand how all mods are working. Count me in!

IGName is still Maunoir.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 10:22:37 am »

As always, I'll be around decorating things and trying to understand how all mods are working. Count me in!

IGName is still Maunoir.
Got ya. Your decorating services are appreciated as I don't have a fancy bone in my body. My last aesthetic endevour ended up being variously sized cubes.

Mine is still greatorder.
Adding you as well

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 10:39:43 am »

And I believe I will join too.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 10:42:35 am »

EDIT: I still remember your custom town modpack. T'was fun whilst the fun lasted. Shame people here (including me) seem to get bored quite easily, as it had a lot of potential.

EDIT2: When is it you plan on setting the server up, BTW?
That was fun but as you said, unfortunately people quickly lost interest.

I plan to set it up tonight. I'll start working on it as soon as I get home today, but I'm not going to quote a specific time since I'm not certain how long it will take.

And I believe I will join too.
Ingame name? I know I've played with you before but my memory is terrible.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 11:17:01 am »

Its the same, So Ivefan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12