Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way to flatten the map edge ground using DFHack or other utilities?  (Read 1656 times)

juxari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have an almost perfect embark site but I would like to edit it a little bit by flattening the ground near the very edge of the map that you can't normally even channel. Is such thing even possible?

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think obsidian casting is the only option for altering the very edge of the map, at least in vanilla. There may be some hack/cheat tools to get around this but I don't know of any.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Tiletypes is the only way, it's impossible in vanilla.

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you create an embark larger than your final site, terraform, abandon then create a new embark there that's the smaller size and keep the terraforming results?

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

If I remember right you cannot even with embark anywhere though you can embark on a larger map that contains an original smaller embark site but of course this seems to cause some terrain generaton bugs in the caverns - at least for me.

juxari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is possible to make obsidian walls with DFHack thou, so wouldn't making open space be similar and thus possible?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It is possible to make obsidian walls with DFHack thou, so wouldn't making open space be similar and thus possible?
I don't think so. It has to be tiletypes with DFHack when it comes to removing the walls.

juxari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think so. It has to be tiletypes with DFHack when it comes to removing the walls.

I see, so tiletypes is in DFHack right? How can you use it to create open space (or delete walls)?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I see, so tiletypes is in DFHack right? How can you use it to create open space (or delete walls)?
Yep.
Type into tiletypes on DFHack:
filter sh wall
paint sh empty
paint m air
Or something along those lines IIRC, and with the cursor from the look tool in DF itself over the wall you want to become open space press enter in DFhack.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:44:31 pm by Loud Whispers »

juxari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep.
Type into tiletypes on DFHack:
filter sh wall
paint sh empty
paint m air
Or something along those lines IIRC, and with the cursor from the look tool in DF itself over the wall you want to become open space press enter in DFhack.

Alright thanks, I will try that out.